Chonburi reports 149 new COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's all over Pattaya now.  Be careful.  And this is just what they know about. 

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/13/pattaya-and-banglamung-informs-people-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-confirmed-chonburi-covid-19-cases-2/

Pattaya and Banglamung informs people who visited places in relation to confirmed Chonburi Covid – 19 cases

It's pretty much all over Thailand and the world, that's why it's called a pandemic! People need to be careful but life has to go on. The pandemic won't be disappearing for years.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's pretty much all over Thailand and the world, that's why it's called a pandemic! People need to be careful but life has to go on. The pandemic won't be disappearing for years.

Understood. But until recently, we could travel around freely without having to worry about the virus. That's all changed now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Science says it will disappear far quicker if measures are put in place now. Science also says if strict measures are not imposed in outbreak areas then it will only get worse.

Absolutely.  The best way of preventing an outbreak is to have a complete lockdown - no one is allowed to leave their home for any reason (shopping for food can only be done once a week by one member of the household).  An authoritarian government like China can do this - but I don't even Thailand's current government would do it.  I think it's far too late now for "strict" measures, and there has to be some appreciation of the harm that such measures can cause which is not as newsworthy or dramatic as Covid, but potentially just as devastating.

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Absolutely.  The best way of preventing an outbreak is to have a complete lockdown - no one is allowed to leave their home for any reason (shopping for food can only be done once a week by one member of the household).  An authoritarian government like China can do this - but I don't even Thailand's current government would do it.  I think it's far too late now for "strict" measures, and there has to be some appreciation of the harm that such measures can cause which is not as newsworthy or dramatic as Covid, but potentially just as devastating.

sure I understand but of course there is a balance to be had and I'm not advocating such strict measures, certainly not here although if I was in Brazil I would...lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/11/2021 at 9:19 AM, smedly said:

That is quite frankly shameful - in the whole of Chonburi only 2,500 have been tested - this is now being exposed for what it is - shambolic, Thailand is simply not willing to commit to spending to stop this spread - everything that has happened here "is" as I and many others have suspected - pure luck

They better get their heads out of their ##### and start dealing with this and spending the money

2500 tested the real reason why thailand as so low covid infections and deaths they have never tested for it do you really believe the what they are telling you its not like they have ever lied before

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

thailand is spending money on a space program ithink it would be better spent on vaccines i believe there first mission is to send a probe to the sun when asked about the problem with heat the said no problem we will go at night

23 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There is no evidence that lockdowns alone work.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There is no evidence that lockdowns alone work.

If you take it to the extreme.  Lockdowns will work.  Impossible for the virus to spread.  But, impossible to have a 100% lockdown.  Impossible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/14/2021 at 6:15 AM, Jeffr2 said:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/13/pattaya-and-banglamung-informs-people-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-confirmed-chonburi-covid-19-cases-2/

Pattaya and Banglamung informs people who visited places in relation to confirmed Chonburi Covid – 19 cases

Good topical relatively up to date practical news.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

If you take it to the extreme.  Lockdowns will work.  Impossible for the virus to spread.  But, impossible to have a 100% lockdown.  Impossible.

They work until people come out of lock down. Lockdowns help along with social distancing when indoor but so far The most effective tool against covid 19 is mass vaccination.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2021 at 9:50 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Science says it will disappear far quicker if measures are put in place now. Science also says if strict measures are not imposed in outbreak areas then it will only get worse.

The problem is this chap Mr Science is not employed by the Thai government or even listened to. The latter of course being extremely difficult when they have their heads stuck up their backside

• Like 1

Depends on whether you read the English translation or the Thai version, there are some big mismatches between dates and times in the two versions.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They work until people come out of lock down. Lockdowns help along with social distancing when indoor but so far The most effective tool against covid 19 is mass vaccination.

Of course you're correct, vaccines are the most powerful tool, however they alone will not stop the virus, take a look at Chile and the remarks made by: 

England’s Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty “The assumption that you vaccinate lots of people and the problem goes away, I think Chile is quite a good corrective for that.” 

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/chile-why-are-covid-cases-rising-despite-remarkable-vaccine-effort-and-what-vaccine-is-chile-using-3190760

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

England’s Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty “The assumption that you vaccinate lots of people and the problem goes away, I think Chile is quite a good corrective for that.”

Also Chile has used one of the Chinese vaccines, which has lesser efficacy. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Expand  Expand  

Depends on whether you read the English translation or the Thai version, there are some big mismatches between dates and times in the two versions.

1. Quote

1. Sushiro Garden – Pattaya on Pattaya Third Road in Banglamung on March 31st at 9:00 P.M. to 10:30 P.M..
    2. Suthawart Temple fair in Soi Nern Plubwan in Nongprue on April 2nd from 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M..
    3. Naklua Walk and Eat Festival on April 3rd from 6:00 P.M. to 7:30 P.M..
    4. Thep Prasit housing estate on Thep Prasit Road in Banglamung on April 4th from 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M..
    5. Sudsakorn Arena Stadium in Pattaya on April 4th from 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M..
    6. Sukishi Korean Grill at Terminal 21 Pattaya on North Pattaya Road in Nongprue on April 6th from 4:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M..
    7. Yes Pattaya on Chalerm Phrakiet Third Road in Nongprue on April 7th from 10:00 P.M. to midnight.
    8. Club Insomnia Pattaya on Walking Street Road on April 7th from midnight to 2:00 A.M..
    9. Doo Man Drek Yam restaurant in Soi Boon Sampan Khao Talo on April 7th at 5:30 P.M. to 6:30 P.M..
    10. Yam Nua Yua Yes Pattaya on Pattaya Third Road on April 7th from 2:30 A.M. to 3:30 A.M..
    11. Bar B Q Plaza at Central Festival Pattaya Beach in April 9th from 3:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M..
    12. Chak Ngew Ancient Market in Huayyai on April 10th from 3:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M..

Looks like Naklua's Sanctuary of Truth is safe bet for now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Still much better than nothing.

You would think so but the deaths are increasing rapidly and know one knows why, as mentioned by Chris Whitty along with a host of other reasons it could be the actual vaccine used.

Edited by Bkk Brian

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Still much better than nothing.

Maybe not to the 30 who died there yesterday. If I had a vaccination that had 50% efficacy, I might be tempted to go for another better one.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You would think so but the deaths are increasing rapidly and know one knows why, as mentioned by Chris Whitty along with a host of other reasons it could be the actual vaccine used.

But only in Chile?

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

But only in Chile?

The focus is on Chile because its 3rd in the world for the number of vaccinations administered, behind only Israel and the UK and is the only one seeing increasing deaths.

Edited by Bkk Brian

On 4/14/2021 at 9:53 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Of course you're correct, vaccines are the most powerful tool, however they alone will not stop the virus, take a look at Chile and the remarks made by: 

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/chile-why-are-covid-cases-rising-despite-remarkable-vaccine-effort-and-what-vaccine-is-chile-using-3190760

Chile has partially vaccinated a lot of people so far, but few have been fully vaccinated. Plus, they are using Sinovac.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomyami said:

could be plenty of cv19 around pattaya after an unrestricted movement assoiated with festive celebrations, extra care out there.

Heard of a covid positive at a massage palour on soi bukao.

It's all over.  Many cases every day in Pattaya.  Even the police station has been hit and is being cleaned now. LOL

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/18/timeline-chonburi-public-health-department-informs-people-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-chonburi-confirmed-covid-19-cases/

On 4/10/2021 at 10:11 PM, champers said:

Two hotels I can see from my condo balcony are normally shut during the week but they both have guests this weekend. Not too many, Covid and the wet weather has deterred some, but how many does it take to cause a mass outbreak?

every time they say 100 case;s always do 100@10 -1000, at least that's about people spread around and caught the Virus the new Variant is worse from India already in England. not good, they not checking flights?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1