Chonburi reports 149 new COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

On 4/14/2021 at 10:11 PM, Jingthing said:

Still much better than nothing.

the China vaccine is 67% effected that is better then NOTHING the HATE China group don't want people and country's to have the vaccine and there all from the rich western nations, and they do nothing to help the poor country's.  

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2021 at 3:10 AM, ronnie round head said:

2500 tested the real reason why thailand as so low covid infections and deaths they have never tested for it do you really believe the what they are telling you its not like they have ever lied before

this is only the start the only hope is the vaccine and no matter what country offers it even Russia or China. just do it you will save lives 

3 hours ago, irishman25 said:

this is only the start the only hope is the vaccine and no matter what country offers it even Russia or China. just do it you will save lives 

Don't bother with Sputnik, it will never take off and is a waste of space. ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, irishman25 said:

the China vaccine is 67% effected that is better then NOTHING the HATE China group don't want people and country's to have the vaccine and there all from the rich western nations, and they do nothing to help the poor country's.  

So the expensive China vacine helps the poor countrys ,Nice to see that the Chinese are so careing about the rest of the world .

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 11:23 AM, Excel said:

The problem is this chap Mr Science is not employed by the Thai government or even listened to. The latter of course being extremely difficult when they have their heads stuck up their backside

'The Science'  has been disputed, debated, and politicized in all countries. What one thought might have been an issue of 'Biology' now includes Behavioral 'Science' and 'Sociology' and the UK the cabal of scientists from whom politicians selectively take advice to create policy and law without proper parliamentary debate is a secret group, a semi secret committee some of whom disagree with each other and some of whom have been discredited in epidemiology circles. Remember the science that is guiding us in the covid crisis  is driven by the same corrupt,  non objective science that has given us the idiocy of the war on drugs. That scares me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

'The Science'  has been disputed, debated, and politicized in all countries. What one thought might have been an issue of 'Biology' now includes Behavioral 'Science' and 'Sociology' and the UK the cabal of scientists from whom politicians selectively take advice to create policy and law without proper parliamentary debate is a secret group, a semi secret committee some of whom disagree with each other and some of whom have been discredited in epidemiology circles. Remember the science that is guiding us in the covid crisis  is driven by the same corrupt,  non objective science that has given us the idiocy of the war on drugs. That scares me.

Ah, so it seems you are a disciple of David Icke with that philosophy

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2021 at 9:40 PM, Leaver said:

Well, if that's the case, all international borders should be open then.   ???? 

Lockdown is a multipurpose, ambiguous word referring to bar closures to international border closures, from household lockdowns to province controls. It includes the lockdown of businesses and transport. In my comment I was not referring to international  borders and your comment lacks nuance. A controlled border is open but subject to various checks. I think strict border controls are a good idea but not completely locked down borders.

Edited by The Hammer2021

4 minutes ago, Excel said:

Ah, so it seems you are a disciple of David Icke with that philosophy

On the contrary. I stated that science has been manipulated for political purposes. In the UK due to lack of PPE last March the government used science to discourage the use of face masks which I found astonishing and wrong. They have since reversed the advice. Also in the UK coastal authorities discouraged visitors because crowded  beaches were 'dangerous' and spread covid. It transpired this was false science and that there is no scientific evidence behind the claim. It is beyond  me why you should link me to David Icke merely because I pointed out an obviously, much discussed issue. I suggest  you come from a long line of smearers and insulters who seeks to demean people with whom you disagree or more likely can't understand their basic premis or their right to hold such an opinion.

• Haha 1

Unfortunately Covid is alive and well in my part of Pattaya (Jomtien) as of last night (21 April) when the police were at the condo next door to me (near Dongtan Beach) where several new cases were detected and a number of residents were transported to hospital (according to a policeman when I asked what was going on.)

Anyone under the misimpression that there is not an exponential rise in new daily cases for this year needs to look at this graph:

1826764619_snapshot_2021-04-22at11_58_22AM.jpg.4748ae9eeb0ac1e95b82dc4c55814614.jpg

New Daily case totals, month to month

Consider that on this date last year, there were only 15 new daily cases and today (22 April 2021) there are 1470.

1787617956_snapshot_2021-04-22at12_42_12PM.jpg.328086e6b85796f00bab264f247b00b3.jpg

For 22 April 2020

1429802767_snapshot_2021-04-22at11_52_14AM.jpg.562481324bcc3426717b0bde1838f139.jpg

Daily New Cases from 2020 through 2021

Bottom line; take this virus seriously and don't let your guard down.  BE SAFE!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's all over Pattaya.  Almost 100 new cases that they know of today in Bang Lamung.

It's really scary stuff!  Up until last night I had this sense of false security that things were relatively safe around here, and judging from others I see out on the street without masks or being very relaxed about social distancing on the beach, I'm not the only one who felt like that.

I really hate to say it but I think some official and fairly stern restrictions are coming (and probably rightfully so).  I guess it's time to hunker down and practice being a hermit again.

????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 9:46 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Understood. But until recently, we could travel around freely without having to worry about the virus. That's all changed now.

It's a real shock to be sure!  Up until this year I felt so safe being here in the Kingdom, compared to family and friends in the US and Europe.  Now, without hope to receive a vaccination until at least June, I am seriously on edge.

I am not in a high risk group and if I did contract the virus I feel reasonably assured I'd survive it, but what really hit home for me was realizing that if you do contract it, UNLESS I AM SERIOUSLY MISINFORMED, by legal mandate, you must be transported to a government field hospital until you test negative.  THAT scares the hell out of me!

I'm under that impression because a number of residents in the condo next to mine were suspected of being infected and were transported to a hospital last night, according to a policeman when I asked what was going on.  I got the impression they did not have a choice.

Does anyone here have a definitive answer if this is really so, or would you be able to self quarantine in your own home?

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

On the contrary. I stated that science has been manipulated for political purposes. In the UK due to lack of PPE last March the government used science to discourage the use of face masks which I found astonishing and wrong. They have since reversed the advice. Also in the UK coastal authorities discouraged visitors because crowded  beaches were 'dangerous' and spread covid. It transpired this was false science and that there is no scientific evidence behind the claim. It is beyond  me why you should link me to David Icke merely because I pointed out an obviously, much discussed issue. I suggest  you come from a long line of smearers and insulters who seeks to demean people with whom you disagree or more likely can't understand their basic premis or their right to hold such an opinion.

Another denialist. Scientists are not right, only you. That is not a smear, just a staement based on your own diatribe. But the advatage of this forum is that we need not continue to bore ourselves with such as it has an ignore option bye bye

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

It's a real shock to be sure!  Up until this year I felt so safe being here in the Kingdom, compared to family and friends in the US and Europe.  Now, without hope to receive a vaccination until at least June, I am seriously on edge.

I am not in a high risk group and if I did contract the virus I feel reasonably assured I'd survive it, but what really hit home for me was realizing that if you do contract it, UNLESS I AM SERIOUSLY MISINFORMED, by legal mandate, you must be transported to a government field hospital until you test negative.  THAT scares the hell out of me!

Does anyone here have a definitive answer if this is really so, or would you be able to self quarantine in your own home?

Yes.

It is definitely the case.

Which means many or most people Thai and foreign are going to avoid testing unless they are forced to get a test.

I  strongly question the wisdom of this policy. 

It's almost like being positive is being criminalized.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Excel said:

Another denialist. Scientists are not right, only you. That is not a smear, just a staement based on your own diatribe. But the advatage of this forum is that we need not continue to bore ourselves with such as it has an ignore option bye bye

I am not denying anything! You are misrepresenting me. Show me ONE SINGLE SENTENCE in which I deny or refute. On the contrary. I assert science has been manipulated and give two examples. I suggest scientists have differed in their opinions as is demonstrated by  two major London Universities making two quite different  epidemiological predictions. This is not a denial. Quite the opposite. It's non extreme  informed awareness which for which you insult and smear me  in a personal manner. Science has been politicized since the 17th Century when Galileo made his early discoveries. Not a lot has changed. I will give you one final example. In March 2020 in a phone call to the  UK I expressed dismay at the British airports being fully open even to people arriving from countries where Covid was raging! I was told closing the airports in the UK would be politically unacceptable and could be construed as racist by some communities in the UK. Over one year later UK airports are closing down but not prevent foreigners arriving only...but to prevent British  people leaving! This is a politically informed decision as much as a scientific one. And it worries me.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Contrary to the snipely comments you have received, what you have said ihas, for the most part, been proven to be factual by a number of completely unbiased sources. 

Anyone who believes that politics don't often play a role in deceiving the public (for their own good, as it were) are being incredibly naive. 

Furthermore, when they react to a statement like yours with emotional outbursts and personal attacks to counter your view instead of intelligent debate, well, that kind of says all that need be said, IMHO.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I'm under that impression because a number of residents in the condo next to mine were suspected of being infected and were transported to a hospital last night, according to a policeman when I asked what was going on.  I got the impression they did not have a choice.

Mandatory quarantine in a field hospital.  At your expense if you are a farang.  Sucks.

39 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Please, do some research on why they did a flip flop on masks.  It had nothing to do with politics.  And everything to do with science.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes.

It is definitely the case.

Which means many or most people Thai and foreign are going to avoid testing unless they are forced to get a test.

I  strongly question the wisdom of this policy. 

It's almost like being positive is being criminalized.

My main concern would simply be the increased likelihood of being exposed to the virus from others in such close proximity as a field hospital...especially if your were actually negative and only suspected that you might have been exposed!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I'm curious; what is the reason then?  I ask because I saw Fauci interviewed about why he reversed his stance on that.  He was given every opportunity to explain, and all I heard from him was a lot of meandering and deflecting from simply answering the question with a  science-based explanation until the interviewer finally just gave up and changed the subject.

Sorry, I try to keep an open mind about such things but I find that man in particular to be incredibly disingenuous and hardly what I'd call transparent, or a straight talker.

Net: They weren't 100% sure the virus was airborne initially, back in January.  Then, they were running out of masks that were desperately needed for front line medical workers.

Sadly, some use this to bash science.  Especially the right wing media outlets.

On 4/11/2021 at 3:19 PM, smedly said:

That is quite frankly shameful - in the whole of Chonburi only 2,500 have been tested - this is now being exposed for what it is - shambolic, Thailand is simply not willing to commit to spending to stop this spread - everything that has happened here "is" as I and many others have suspected - pure luck

They better get their heads out of their ##### and start dealing with this and spending the money

Many people just don't know that Pattaya belongs to Banglamung Chonburi, so it's basically the Pattaya bar girl/boy lb clientele that's mentioned. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I wish I knew where Banlanmung actually was!

LOL.  I was in the same boat the first time I had to fill out my immigration form and list my address ????

Banlamung is a district (or Amphoe) of Chon Buri Province.  It is where Jomtien and Pratumnak are located:

I live in Jomtien near Dongtan Beach.  Here is my address info:

PROVINCE: ChonBuri
CITY: Pattaya
AMPHOE (district): Banglamung
TAMBON (subdistrict): Nong Prue

1029119947_snapshot_2021-04-22at2_35_14PM.jpg.01abb260d39ed79a09526b605a6b87c5.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1