Thailand reports daily record 967 new coronavirus infections

Jonathan Fairfield

On 4/11/2021 at 12:35 AM, Ventenio said:

1000 and no talk of lock downs.   I think the most important time for Thailand is from October until February, high season for the falang and everyone else.

lock it down.  one month.  better safe than sorry.  i don't mean close all the businesses, just ban inter-provincial travel and keep the hot spots from spreading.  

On 4/16/2021 at 1:26 PM, Danderman123 said:

Wrong.

States that did not enact face mask mandates or otherwise impose restrictions had high infection rates.

Your internet friends sent you misinformation based on the early infection rates in New York State, which skew the overall statistics.

As for your 98% recovery rate, that does not include the significant number of those with long term symptoms. Please stop posting misinformation about the epidemic.

You can read this and it will prove my point. 

Free States Faring Far Better Than Lockdown States in One Huge Way, New Data Show - Foundation for Economic Education (fee.org)

6 hours ago, jerrybuice said:

You can read this and it will prove my point. 

Free States Faring Far Better Than Lockdown States in One Huge Way, New Data Show - Foundation for Economic Education (fee.org)

FEE is a Libertarian political organization. For those outside the US, Libertarians are a fringe group that wants to reduce the size of the government and drown it in a bathtub.

of course, Real Life has shown that countries like Brazil and India that didn’t lock down have had more severe economic consequences than those that have. In America, California has had the most restrictions and now has the lowest infection rate in the US and a booming economy.

On 4/19/2021 at 5:31 AM, internationalism said:

the thing is, the majority are seniors, and without chance for a vax within near future.

thai citizens have free tests, hospitalisation, medication, but that would be problematic to foreigners, so lower prospects for a fast and efficient help.

some insurance policies won't cover quarantine.

some people don't have any insurance, for example those over certain age are not taken by insurers or premiums are prohibitive, and many hundred thousands baht 

To be clear, in the past, when foreigners tested positive (there weren’t many), they indeed were quarantined in a hospital, and some stays were not covered by insurance.

Now, the hospitals are full. No asymptomatic individual is going to be quarantined in a hospital.

On 4/19/2021 at 6:42 PM, englishoak said:

Actually they officially died With not Of, gov has been very careful with  wording for a  reason. Only last week they  admitted at least 23% had no link to Covid in their deaths at all but were falsely added in. Also, not one person is recorded of dying from influenza in the past year in the UK, which of course is a statistical impossibility so its likely to to be even more mis reported covid deaths attributed. Hospitalisations did not get to the point of one special unit (nightingale ) being used or needed. Ventilators and the use of was also quickly identified as being the wrong treatment and as since been revised .  But yes many less are killed on the roads in the UK but still far more die of cancer and heart disease or any the other top 10 reasons. In fact the UK past years total deaths even with covid is actually "below" the 5 year average.  Amazing huh ? You can find that data at public health England. 

Long term effects is still unknown as is much of the data and long term useful or effectiveness with any of the vaccines since the trails ARE the rollout.  "strains" are in fact just mutations of the same original, which btw they have never isolated or been allowed to investigate or have data of by China where it indisputably originated, and yes that is a real problem with any new virus not having the original or isolated it. Variants will increase over time and this is a natural cycle of any virus as it disperses into the global population not something to be overly feared.

Its a terrible thing to live in fear and imo totally unnecessary.  Yes its a thing, yes it can kill but  we also live with every disease known and every strain throughout history today, we will simply add this to the list and get on with life,vaccines will not stop  the pandemic imo only herd immunity and mutation to the point of it becoming as harmless to 99.9% of us as all the rest of the  Rhino/Covid variations floating about out there. 

People will always  die of something. Being a Buddhist myself Its not a concern to me how. 

Buddha does not want you to lie, but you have violated one of his precepts here.

I don’t know where to start with your rant. There are no “23% of fatalities were falsely added in”.

Your assessment of the severity of the epidemic is not based in reality. Over 3 million dead worldwide, that should give you a clue. Imagine if someone posted the same drivel about Ebola or Polio....

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

FEE is a Libertarian political organization. For those outside the US, Libertarians are a fringe group that wants to reduce the size of the government and drown it in a bathtub.

of course, Real Life has shown that countries like Brazil and India that didn’t lock down have had more severe economic consequences than those that have. In America, California has had the most restrictions and now has the lowest infection rate in the US and a booming economy.

Wrong and wrong.....but that is your right. Try investigating your stories from somewhere else besides a far LEFT news reports. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jerrybuice said:

Wrong and wrong.....but that is your right. Try investigating your stories from somewhere else besides a far LEFT news reports. 

What part of:

"of course, Real Life has shown that countries like Brazil and India that didn’t lock down have had more severe economic consequences than those that have. In America, California has had the most restrictions and now has the lowest infection rate in the US and a booming economy."

is wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Everything seems to turn about , there was a report of free vaccination for everyone , or was it just foreign residents ?

I also read that Sputnik V was going to be available , I don't want to be vaccinated with either Astra Zenica or Moderna .

I don't know about Sinovac , I don't want to be vaccinated at all but if pushed to it would choose Sputnik V .  

15 minutes ago, Toscano said:

I don't want to be vaccinated at all but if pushed to it would choose Sputnik V .  

I have just read an interesting report regarding the Sputnik V vaccination and it seems that it came out extremely well in the test phase. 

Now available in some countries, but here – – – who knows when?

On 4/24/2021 at 9:50 PM, VBF said:

Re-read the examples i quoted and to which you replied  - NONE of them was due to Covid, but Covid went on the death certs of all 3 - their families were all close enough friends for me to have that information.

So you are saying the  number of deaths we see now each day is grossly over inflated? I'm talking about Thailand, NOT the UK ! So if you have some evidence of that occuring here, I'd liek to see it (not eresay, but government documents that state this is happening). 

Edited by DavisH

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

So you are saying the  number of deaths we see now each day is grossly over inflated? I'm talking about Thailand, NOT the UK ! So if you have some evidence of that occuring here, I'd liek to see it (not eresay, but government documents that state this is happening). 

I don't - if you BOTHERED to read my posts, I was using UK cases as an example

Clearly stated in my paragraph commencing "In UK they classify anyone who dies within 30 days of testing positive as dying OF Covid...."

Looking back, I can see that i've already suggested you "Re-read the examples i quoted and to which you replied...."

Clearly you're taking my comments out of context for some reason.

Edited by VBF