The week that was in Thailand news: Staying in at Songkran - an experienced user guide

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

I had hoped to actually get out this coming week safe in the knowledge that Songkran had effectively been banned again

Five more times and it will catch up to me !

Yes, the UK Strain ? ... They wondered how it has got out of the probably pretty good Hotel Quarantine system ! ? ... Then there were stories that it probably had come over the border from Cambodia ! ? ... Well Good, as I hope to be using the Hotel Quarantine system soon my self !!! ...

(I will be fully Vaccinated with AstraZenica on 21st June, yes my online button pushing ability came to some pretty good use at last as they announced the start of the Role out for the 1b group, and I pretty amazingly got an appointment for the first Jab for the next week, and my Old 89 year old mother eventually decided to get it as well so we got her in on the next week.)

Any way I think that, just between you and me Rooster ! ... The UK strain probably DID escape from the Hotel Quarantine system ... Like watching how the Virus has been acting, and propagating here in Australia, where the numbers are very low, so you actually can contact trace people VERY well and watch and track it very well also !!! 

Not like the early days where in Victoria they found that some Security guards in the Hotels has basically no training at all and NO PPE either !!! Like only one glove each per shift Etc. !!! ... and well some of them were sleeping with a few of the guests also I do believe !!! (Har Har ... GOOO Auzie Auzie Auzie, GOOO Mate !!!)

... But NOW we ? Well They, have got it right I think ... Like CCTV on every floor and proper Training and PPE and also proper rules re NO CONTACT !!! ... BUT it got out again !!! From our Hotel Quarantine ... In Adelaide AND Melbourni !!! ... And well the findings as they had the Security guards on CCTV in the corridor for all of their shifts and well .. Sleeping on the job was the only blemish left I think .... But they STILL got the More Contagious UK Variant !!!

So they have concluded here at least that this Variant in particular is very VERY contagious and can float in the air on very VERY Small droplets of moisture for an almost indefinite time !!! and well ... come from an infected persons room, OUT under the door or from when it is open to get the food in ... and then float in the corridor until multiple security guards there on various shifts have got it !!! ... Like in one case the travelers in the room had an electric air atomizer .. Like it filled the air with microscopic droplets of fluid that the people thought would help them, Australia basically being a pretty dry place ! ... But well Looks like the CV 19 Virus liked these droplets better then any thing and well literally started floating down the Corridor.

So the next move in the Hotel Quarantine system has been proper and GOOD ventilation. for the rooms ... so well I suppose the air, and droplets go back in to the A/C system and then get filtered out and NOT out in to the corridor, to infect the tired ... usually having more then one Job .. Gig Economy I believe Security Staff.

And well it NOW it seems to be working. ?

Like just look at that first cruse ship that they Quarantined in Japan in good faith to try to stop the virus !!! and basically the whole!!! Like a closed ventilation system with re cycled air .. and water droplets that carry the Virus ??? ...

I just hope that they do get back on top of it before I can come back ... and Hopefully fully Vaccinated.

(And that not to many people die or have their bodies destroyed by it !!!!)

Mark Mark

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Nightclubs were shut and alcohol banned in many places. Field hospitals were set up everywhere. Songkran - or what was left of it - is now but a distant memory. 

I counted 7 big parties (stages for live bands, speaker stacks, seating etc) within one kilometre of us being set up this morning. Let the beer, whisky, eating, dancing, drinking (and NOISE) begin for the whole week.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The legendary finger pointing, soapy massage visiting, greasy TV show presenting, bar destroying, park making wannabe politician and playboy

Sounds like the old advert which ends....    mmmmm lip smackin Pepsi

I think this songkran will go down in history for the wrong reasons.  

Did big to think cancelling 2 songkrans in a row would break the camels back?  

I've read there is so much wealth at the top that has been donated from the Thai people, why don't he give some  back during these hard times?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The legendary finger pointing, soapy massage visiting, greasy TV show presenting, bar destroying, park making wannabe politician and playboy appeared grey and withered - well past his sell-by. "

He must be one of the smartest, though. Otherwise he would have met with an accident (2 thugs on a motorcycle with a gun) a long time ago......

Started reading that and suffered a case of deja vu. I was sure I had read it before, but surely Rooster wasn't so lazy as to copy previous content. It wasn't until I added 2 and 2 and came up with 5 that I realized that today is Wednesday, not Sunday (the second day of my 3 day Songkran break), and that I was in fact re-reading last weeks column. Got to wait four more days for the next one.