Airborne pickup literally cut off our electricity

Brunolem

20 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Defying the laws of physics, instead of being pulled towards the exterior of the curve, he somehow managed to leave the road from the inside of the curve!

I don't know how they do it but have seen many times crashing to the inside of the curve. My wife could not explain how she did it either (minor accident)

28 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

I don't know how they do it but have seen many times crashing to the inside of the curve. My wife could not explain how she did it either (minor accident)

The vehicle spins, if the driver overcorrects steering he ends up on the inside traveling backwards.  Thai all seem to think they're race drivers but once out of the straight-a-ways and into the curves they don't have a clue.  The jackass who killed my daughter managed to do the same thing except he walked away unscratched. 

• Sad 7

21 hours ago, Brunolem said:

But, unlike James Bond, he didn't land safely in the rice paddy he was flying over, but instead hit head on a concrete electric pylon, which he managed to break in three pieces, cutting our village's electricity in the process and, incidentally, sending himself to meet his maker.

And so began the long Songkran holidays...

Please drive safely asks the PM... LOL

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let me guess, the driver is the son of the village head. He will get a new pickup and all will be fine again...

Oh ..... do they have pick ups in heaven now ? God .....that really would be bad news.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I hope your power came back on ok ????️????.

It came back after almost 8 hours, which was quite a performance considering that a new pylon had to be brought from somewhere, and installed...

On 4/11/2021 at 1:22 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Nothing more dangerous than an empty road.

Thankfully the great exodus piles up.

Otherwise it could cost thousands of life.

A concrete pole is and it's about time they started fining these poles as they are the cause of many an idiots fate

Edited by lavender19

On 4/11/2021 at 1:05 PM, Brunolem said:

sending himself to meet his maker

RIP stuntman. I think your life was not so...  I'm sure he will try to stop by the temple on the way to the maker to see if he can get a new assignment. I think a three-toed sloth might be preferable.

9 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Rear wheel drive, hit the accelerator when losing front traction around a corner and the car will oversteer and go into the curve.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brunolem said:

It came back after almost 8 hours, which was quite a performance considering that a new pylon had to be brought from somewhere, and installed...

PEA is fairly organized. The pylons are usually in stock.

A bit harsher might be replacing a high voltage pole.

I remember a case where another idiot brought down seven(?) high voltage poles (domino effect).

13 hours ago, millymoopoo said:

You can legislate against many things, but not stupidity.

And so the process of natural selection continues, so sad they take out other people along the way.

I thought I understood the theory of natural selection, after reading the above, I not sure 

any more?

Yes I love the trip to Buri Ram there are a few 90 degree corners and its fun to watch the melons flat out into the braking zone slam on their brakes to slow enough to be able to turn, I watch my rear view for any fast approaches and either slow a bit or increase a bit as they usually drift in to take the corner. Will wait to see the first one jump the new concrete centre divider.

On 4/12/2021 at 6:59 AM, piewarmer said:

Probably chalked up as another covid fataliy in the books

Condolances to his family

Must you?  The pathetic aspect of your comment is that Thailand is certainly not looking to declare additional Covid fatalities.