Over 100 COVID-19 cases now confirmed in Hua Hin

COVID_19-800x450.jpeg

Image: Reuters

Health officials in Prachuap Khiri Khan on Sunday reported there are now a total of 141 cases of COVID-19 in the province.

The majority of the cases have been discovered in Hua Hin and can be linked to the cluster at the Maya Pub.

114 patients are being treated at Hua Hin Hospital, with 1 patient being treated at Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin. 

Patients being treated at other hospitals in the province include:

Pranburi Hospital - 5 cases 

Thanarat Camp Hospital - 2 cases 

Sam Roi Yot Hospital - 3 cases 

Kuiburi Hospital - 2 cases

Prachuap Khiri Khan Hospital - 10 cases

Bangsaphan Hospital - 4 cases

Health officials revealed that so far all patients were Thai, with the youngest patient aged just 2 years old and the oldest 82 years old. 

Meanwhile, Hua Hin Today reported that the virus spread to Hua Hin after a member of staff from the Krystal Club in Thonglor, the location of a major cluster in the capital, visited the  Maya Pub on Phetkasem Road on 30th March.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-11

13 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Its very simple.  Just close all the bars and clubs in the country for 6 months and see what happen.  Also getting vaccines to everyone would also be a good idea.

I guess suggesting closing people's livelihoods for six months is quite easy with a regular pension or income every month. It also puts a nail in thailand's planned GDP for the year and another year of destruction.

As for vaccines, I agree with you, but all we are seeing is failure to actually get vaccine in sufficient qtys to get vaccines done in 18months or so

• Like 1

15 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

and I still see western losers either not wearing masks or wearing them improperly. At one time there was a 20k baht fine instituted, they should start enforcing it for these clowns.. 

Agreed ... saw 2 older farangs at Market Village last week walking around with no masks .... and the week before a Russian woman (I am guessing, as she was speaking Russian to her 2 kids) with 2 kids walking around the basement with no masks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Oh my gawd, the sky is falling, quick, run for the bunkers and huddle.............lol Not one (!) single person died in the recent outbreak in H-H, what is all the fuss about?

The number of infections is meaningless, it could be 10 times higher - the only thing that counts is if people are dying like flies. Thais are tough and probably have a much more durable immune system than the western softies.........

Do I run around like nothing happened? of course not - I am an old fart, hence in a high risk group, prudence is in order, masks, handwashing and cutting back on frivolous activities make sense - locking down the country and destroy completely what is left standing, not so much!

Wow ... maybe you could start consulting some of the medical literature on the emerging side-effects of COVID-19  (try a Google seach "COVID-19 chronic acute side-effects long-term").  Although some compare COVID-19 with the flu, a better comparison would be glandular fever.

• Like 2

There is no way that most seniors want to catch this covid 19 virus.  However there are still some people who feel

that if they get the virus, they won't die from it.  I have a few relatives, and some friends now who have lost family

members, and I do KNOW that this virus is not just a normal flu.  It will be a nice day when everybody has had their 2 vaccine shots

and the world will then slowly start to head for a new normal.  Good Luck, Hua Hin, my one friend who has spent the last few months

there is now just hoping that he and his wife can safely get back to Canada, where they will get their pfizer shots,  soon after they

arrive.

Geezer

21 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Its very simple.  Just close all the bars and clubs in the country for 6 months and see what happen.  Also getting vaccines to everyone would also be a good idea.

Your second idea is great!The first one?You mean for all people?Also for the "do you know who i am"? people?

9 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

Wow ... maybe you could start consulting some of the medical literature on the emerging side-effects of COVID-19  (try a Google seach "COVID-19 chronic acute side-effects long-term").  Although some compare COVID-19 with the flu, a better comparison would be glandular fever.

First of all, I don't use Google - that is a pretty dumb thing to do.

Secondly, you can search the Internet with 'who killed JFK' and you will find a lot of weird ideas - are you suggesting you believe all that? just because you find a weirdo on the Internet does not make him into an expert.

• Haha 2

On 4/12/2021 at 8:25 AM, JimHuaHin said:

Agreed ... saw 2 older farangs at Market Village last week walking around with no masks .... and the week before a Russian woman (I am guessing, as she was speaking Russian to her 2 kids) with 2 kids walking around the basement with no masks.

my wife runs a business in there, whenever I see these maskless wonders I want to put two cans of tuna in a bag and start swinging for the fences..

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

INDEED this is what is going to happan soon. and sooner the better.

Should have been closed down weeks  before the government pervs went to Thong Lor.  They may lie about number of covid cases to keep the gullible public happy yet they always did know the truth.

On 4/11/2021 at 5:01 PM, from the home of CC said:

and I still see western losers either not wearing masks or wearing them improperly. At one time there was a 20k baht fine instituted, they should start enforcing it for these clowns.. 

I  see more Thai losers too, at any street market especially in Soi Siam  Country Club, many with  no masks .. maybe they should start closing the markets to these clowns

• Like 1

5 hours ago, actonion said:

I  see more Thai losers too, at any street market especially in Soi Siam  Country Club, many with  no masks .. maybe they should start closing the markets to these clowns

that's on them, they'll do what they decide to do because it's their call. I'm talking about western fools who come from countries that made death by drowning in phlegm a national pastime, so they obviously know better and yet still make all foreigners look bad - probably same type that bribe imm officers because they're tapped out for the 8ooK. It's these type of selfish actions that cause more and more stringent controls on those that follow the rules. 

On 4/15/2021 at 5:54 PM, from the home of CC said:

that's on them, they'll do what they decide to do because it's their call. I'm talking about western fools who come from countries that made death by drowning in phlegm a national pastime, so they obviously know better and yet still make all foreigners look bad - probably same type that bribe imm officers because they're tapped out for the 8ooK. It's these type of selfish actions that cause more and more stringent controls on those that follow the rules. 

"Probably same type that bribe imm officers because they tapped out for the 800k"???  Seems to me you are blaming Foreigners for the Corruption in Thailand..