Lazada COD refund question.

I purchased a phone on Lazada and paid COD.  The phone I received was clearly not what was described so I requested return which, despite the sellers protestations, Lazada granted.

My issue is: on a COD refund, Lazada puts the returned funds in your Lazada wallet....except that as a farang, I can not maintain a Lazada wallet.  The CS rep described some seemingly complicated process of transferring the funds to some kind of credit when I next make a purchase.

Does anybody know the actual process?

After you have received the  refund in your non-activated wallet you can contact the online helpdesk and they will give you a link to an online form. Fill that in and submit to receive a voucher for a next purchase. Quite simple, but can take a week or longer to receive the voucher. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had prepaid for goods that the courier did not deliver, returned to seller under the "technical issue"!!???? 

Applied for refund, which was put into my wallet. 

In order to have the funds transferred back into my bank account, I had to photo my passport page, which was unsuccessful. I then had to manually put in passport details and bank account details. Received the money 3-4 days later. 

On the second refund request went through OK, only had to input bank details. 

Lazada is far superior to Ali baba, in trying to get funds back, which took 4-5 months! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My last Lazada purchase was cancelled by the supplier because of "sourcing delay ".

I had pre-paid by debit card and the money was moved from my account in minutes.

Even though it was cancelled by them, I was informed it would take 15-30 days to pay it back. I've just received the refund after about two weeks.

I don't have a wallet for the very reason they use them to hang on to your money to guarantee further sales. 

A Chinese company, Best something or other, cancelled my first and only order and put my money into a wallet I hadn't created, and didn't bother to tell me where it was!

It took many calls, some profanity and accusations of theft from me before they returned my money. We parted forever on bad terms.  Beware!

Lazada feels much more secure for me.

• Like 1