Best bread (and health food store) in Hua Hin?

rudi49jr

I love my bread, especially good whole wheat / whole grain / multigrain bread, anything high fiber. What are the best bakeries (or supermarkets?) where I can buy such bread? In Chiang Mai, for instance, there are several Rimping Supermarkets that have a variety of different kinds of delicious whole wheat bread, and I was wondering if something like that exists in Hua Hin as well.

Any good health food stores in Hua Hin? Looking for places where I can buy gluten free muesli, and lactose free milk and yogurt, things like that.

Andreannes on the road into Kho Takieb. Andy the owner is a trained baker who makes all variety of breads, without all the preservatives and sugars. he has also just opened a small outlet in Soi 94..... P.M. me for more details as I am unsure of forum rules re personal details.

Also, as Mops59 wrote, Hua Hin bakery is good too, but not so much variety. Sorry cannot help with the other health food bits.

Until I made it by myself, I bought it at Yamazaki, in the shopping center with the Lotus at ground floor.

The whole wheat is from good quality, but also the croisants are good, however every time more expensive, now they are more expensive than in Europe.

I like the stuff at Yamazaki (in some places they call the shop "Saint Etoile", same products), I think they exist all over Thailand.

On 4/11/2021 at 7:11 PM, rudi49jr said:

Any good health food stores in Hua Hin? Looking for places where I can buy gluten free muesli, and lactose free milk and yogurt, things like that.

Are you Gluten or Lactose intolerant? If not, Gluten or Lactose free isn't more healthy, just a waste of money. Lactose free milk can be found in any bigger supermarket (Big C, Tesco, Tops...).

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I like the stuff at Yamazaki (in some places they call the shop "Saint Etoile", same products), I think they exist all over Thailand.

Are you Gluten or Lactose intolerant? If not, Gluten or Lactose free isn't more healthy, just a waste of money. Lactose free milk can be found in any bigger supermarket (Big C, Tesco, Tops...).

Yes, I am actually lactose and gluten intolerant. The joys of growing older, suddenly becoming allergic to lactose and gluten. Didn’t know a thing like that could even happen, but there you go.

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

And with lactose free milk I mean fresh (pasteurized) milk, not the longer lasting sterilized stuff, that is just horrible.

4 hours ago, elgenon said:

Are you saying bread is healthy? I am curious.

I’m not a nutritionist, not an expert in that area, but whole wheat and multi grain bread must be healthier than other kinds of bread with less fiber. And I like eating it.
Everything in moderation, though, I eat two to four slices of bread a day and so far (I’m 62) I haven’t noticed any detrimental effects on my health, either physically or mentally.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:59 PM, rudi49jr said:

I’m not a nutritionist, not an expert in that area, but whole wheat and multi grain bread must be healthier than other kinds of bread with less fiber. And I like eating it.
Everything in moderation, though, I eat two to four slices of bread a day and so far (I’m 62) I haven’t noticed any detrimental effects on my health, either physically or mentally.

Yes, you are correct. Flourless bread would be the healthiest. So you have no health problems? I like it! 

I Think in hua hin Looks pretty convenient. Any big changes with the coronavirus ? Your stores have toilet paper!!! Due to panic buying in the states. but groceries  there are really cheap

Edited by Zandra H
adding dew words

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 7:52 PM, geisha said:

Is the All In restaurant / shop still open ? I used to buy great bread there. I also ate their salads and soups , it was healthy cooking. Was it German owned ?

Yes it is/was German owned. October last year, it was shut and it was also shut in March this year. With only the 'French café' open (not the one next 'All in") at that time, along that Soi.

IMO, 'La Baguette" sells the best bread in that area and their products are also available at Villa Market. Don't have intolerance issues. So, I don't look too closely at their products. Just enjoy them.