provincial travel restrictions Sakon Nakhon

Moonlover

I learned today that those traveling from following provinces:

- Mueang District, Chiang Mai Province;

- Bang Lamung District, Chonburi Province;

- Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province;

- Muang District, Sa Kaeo Province;

to Sakon Nakhon, must go into quarantine.

There have been announcements made by our Phu Ya Ban to this affect and it was published on our local Facebook community page. The same release also revealed that up to 100 bed field hospitals are being prepared in the province.

Whilst this applies to Sakon Nakhon, we can be pretty sure that other provinces have been making similar preparations as well and I think we can expect to see a 'tightening of the screw' before too long. Many will say 'and not before time either!'

Erstwhile this province has only seen one Covid 19 case since the outbreak began last year, so the above info indicates they are taking this new wave seriously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting, thank you Moonlover. Have you heard of any travel restrictions / expected problems traveling from Sakon Nakhorn to Udon Thani and on to Bangkok? My 16 year old daughter is traveling back to Bangkok from Ban Muang alone Saturday.   

The travel restriction issue is both confusing and changing rapidly.

Yesterday there were 42 provinces listed with travel restrictions of some type.

Those did include Sakon Nakhon and Udon Thani.

I did see this website referenced on a PPT slide yesterday: 

http://www.moicovid.com/

Slide: says it was updated yesterday:  http://www.moicovid.com/11/04/2021/uncategorized/3055/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Interesting, thank you Moonlover. Have you heard of any travel restrictions / expected problems traveling from Sakon Nakhorn to Udon Thani and on to Bangkok? My 16 year old daughter is traveling back to Bangkok from Ban Muang alone Saturday.   

That should not be a problem. The restrictions are on folks coming from the high risk 'red zones'

You might find this article helpful: Travel restrictions Thailand.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, iian23 said:

Does driving through a province count as visiting it? If I drive from the south upto the northeast will I be deemed to have visited Bangkok?

Haven't found any clarifications of that. They're taking it seriously now so driving through a "red" province is most likely enough IMO. On the other hand, there are no quarantines for interprovincial travel within the non "red" provinces yet. As long as you stay within them you should be OK. 

6 minutes ago, Phulublub said:
On 4/11/2021 at 8:44 PM, Moonlover said:

must go into quarantine.

6 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Do you have detail of what this entails?  Self isolationat home....lockdonw in ASQ?  Something in between?

PH

According to our Phu Ya Ban it meant self/family isolation at home unless they had symptoms. Then Covid rules apply, which we should all know by now.

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

According to our Phu Ya Ban it meant self/family isolation at home unless they had symptoms. Then Covid rules apply, which we should all know by now.

Thanks.  GF looking at a trip back (from Chon Buri) after Songkran madness subsides...self isolating at home she can do, more would be a major pain!

PH