DCD says COVID-19 infection rise will ease in a month if prevention is strictly enforced

webfact

15 minutes ago, vivananahuahin said:

It is too late,in 10 days we will see the results,no comments.

I agree the UK variant spreads very quickly and should have been isolated as soon as it had been identified. Vaccines are the only way to stop it now as a Wuhan style national lockdown is not likely in Thailand. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

Going to be interesting to see what the death rate does

I think it is the same - one per thousand infected, trailing by 10 to 14 days. Of course if they don't test that formula can be used in reverse to estimate the infection rate - if the death rate figures are accurate. 

"No crowds for any reason" but a Festival at our local temple in the village can still go ahead for 8 days from 10th to 18th April. Oh, and then there will be live music each night!

Be interesting to see how/if the figures escalate in the Bang Saphan District. 

Is 400 cases daily considered acceptable? Tourism is such an important source of revenue, why then do they not do it once, do it good? Pull out all the stops to get it done properly instead of all these patch work BS. Sigh.... “when will I see you again” our beloved Thailand. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jur said:

Is 400 cases daily considered acceptable? Tourism is such an important source of revenue, why then do they not do it once, do it good? Pull out all the stops to get it done properly instead of all these patch work BS. Sigh.... “when will I see you again” our beloved Thailand. 

Given Thailand was at 967 cases yesterday, yes 400 would be more acceptable...

What will today bring?

I would guess around 1,400, but really depends on testing availability...and honest reporting.

• Like 1

Was going to say adequate free testing would be top of that % reduction list, but hey, that would just be daft farang supposition I guess.”

What a load of crock!

Testing will only confirm who has it and who doesn’t.

Yes more testing would be a great idea but it’s Thailand and authorities seem to target only areas where the outbreak has happened.

1 hour ago, worrab said:

"No crowds for any reason" but a Festival at our local temple in the village can still go ahead for 8 days from 10th to 18th April. Oh, and then there will be live music each night!

Be interesting to see how/if the figures escalate in the Bang Saphan District. 

No testing ,so no escalation, all good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have no idea how they can make such a prediction, neither do they have an idea. The decision to allow Song Kran in the face of the third wave was and is madness. A new lockdown is not that far away, or at least it should not be. 

Hey it is Songkron season, just wait until 1 to 3 weeks from now when the covid numbers will sky rocket.

With the variants in Thailand and the way the Thai gatherings seem to be, I would be surprised if the 3rd

wave will not be the biggest wave yet. Good Luck.

Geezer

• Like 1