DCD says COVID-19 infection rise will ease in a month if prevention is strictly enforced

webfact

Whilst it may not be the total answer to the pandemic, clearly vaccination of the population will significantly reduce the possible spread of the virus. So why hasn't the Government introduce it yet when most other countries have?

Because the Goverment does not have the the funds to purchase the required amount of vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, AussieinThaiJim said:

Was going to say adequate free testing would be top of that % reduction list, but hey, that would just be daft farang supposition I guess.”

What a load of crock!

Testing will only confirm who has it and who doesn’t.

Yes more testing would be a great idea but it’s Thailand and authorities seem to target only areas where the outbreak has happened.

Umm....yeah.

And then they can take steps to quarantine said people who "has it" and hopefully break some links to future infections and reduce the infected.

Testing has been sporadic and now hospitals are rejecting people who want testing because they have no beds...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sport said:

Whilst it may not be the total answer to the pandemic, clearly vaccination of the population will significantly reduce the possible spread of the virus. So why hasn't the Government introduce it yet when most other countries have?

Because the Goverment does not have the the funds to purchase the required amount of vaccine.

I think they could probably find the funds.

I think it's more that vaccine demand way outstrips supply, so they are reduced to using a questionable Chinese vaccine until Siam Bioscience supposedly starts supplying 10million per month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AMFWolfie said:

I have to assume the lack of mass testing is down to the incredibly short sightedness of this government to order enough testing kits. My wife, and I now assume myself, are in a chain of 6 on a track and trace scenario where no 1, has tested positive for Covid after coming back from Bangkok. He then visited two more people who have also tested positive yet their spouse and children came back negative. One of those 2nd two visited the 3rd in the chain who came back positive and he in turn visited number 4 in the chain, also positive as of yesterday. No 5 in the chain, senior policeman, has packed a bag and gone for testing today fully expecting to get a positive test and remain in hospital. That leads me to number 6 in the chain, the wife and myself, who has to wait for number 5 results BEFORE they will test us. We have been self isolating for 3 days since informed of the situation seeing no one and going nowhere and when I asked why we simply cannot go and get tested, the response was NOT until everyone on the chain above us has been tested and results given which is ludicrous. When pushed the response was the local hospitals here in Pattaya reckon they have tens of thousands of people wanting tests and not enough kits to do everyone so the chain scenario we are in seems to be the only solution currently available. We also have to pay for the test because none qualify for free testing whatever that means.

Despite promises of vaccine's going to be available to purchase by everyone who wants to pay and mass vaccination rollout supposedly commenced February, there is still absolutely no movement despite all the hype in the press and on TV. If this latest infection does get a hold this country is in dire trouble and all the pandering bul<deleted> will not save the tourist industry or the country no matter what anyone says.

Quick update. Apparently Bangkok Pattaya hospital have no more tests and have to book on line and now go to Rayong...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The prevention includes closure of all entertainment venues in 41 provinces, including Bangkok, for at least 14 days, everyone wearing face masks and observing social distancing, no crowds for any reason and working from home.

So basically everything that has not been happening in the last month now has to be conformed to.

Best of luck with getting that through some thick skulls.

As an American, I have seen what works and what doesn't because we are months ahead of Thailand's vaccination program. The only way to restore some sort of normalcy to life and business to Thailand is through mass vaccination clinics. Thailand needs to find sources of it and be quick about it even if it means using the Russian or the Chinese vaccines. Lockdowns, arguably, are of limited value and hurt the locals almost as much of the virus. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rocking Robert said:

Going to be interesting to see what the death rate does

Is that the actual death rate or the death rate claimed by the government?  It's just that the claimed death rate is dubious and the actual death rate is close to being invisible - or untruthful,  whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sport said:

Also, they are late to the party.  Other governments signed deals months ago that tie up production for months ahead.  Even if Thailand put its hands in its pocket big time, the vaccines just aren't available for purchase in the quantities needed.

6 hours ago, WHansen said:

I get the feeling they are expecting large numbers if at around a 1000 a day now and still expecting 400 plus daily in a month.

I do hope that's an overestimation.

1000 cases of COVID a day, keep the vaccine away!

• Like 1

Just now, DefaultName said:

Not the Thai way to copy foreigners. Unless there's a quid in it... for someone who'll remember.

Edited by ParkerN

Just now, dallen52 said:

And hope it's the real thing

LOL. They tell me the bulk orders of saline solution have already been placed. Personally, I don't believe a word of it. Thais? Cheat? nah...

Edited by ParkerN

2 hours ago, miamiman123 said:

Yesterday on my way home, there were large groups drinking and partying …. Is the government allowing these activities in light of the closure 

they seemed as oblivious to the closure as the government is to the party goers 

@miamiman123 ok mr killjoy. whats up? is it cuz other people were having fun and you wasnt, or is it you just dont like anyone to enjoy life.   you old miser 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

guaranteed if testing stopped and only happened when people were sick enough to go to hospital then the figures would drop 

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DLock said:

Given Thailand was at 967 cases yesterday, yes 400 would be more acceptable...

What will today bring?

I would guess around 1,400, but really depends on testing availability...and honest reporting.

I think CM was not counted as later in the day numbers. So well over 1000.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The prevention includes closure of all entertainment venues in 41 provinces, including Bangkok, for at least 14 days, everyone wearing face masks and observing social distancing, no crowds for any reason and working from home

Woke up early this morning with the usual Pigeon dawn chorus, and the guy living opposite hawking his lungs up as he drags on his umpteenth cigarette.

I needed some bread & milk and as we have a 7/11 at the end of my Moo Baan thought i'd take my push-bike.

Walked in the door, took my own temp, cleaned hands with gel & swiped the QR code... girl behind the cashiers desk looked up and nodded.
Got my things and headed to the check-out.

In walks said guy from across the road from me, parked his motorcycle right outside the door on the disabled ramp, no helmet, no mask.

Walks straight past the thermometer check... no test, no gel no QR check.

Coughing still ongoing, walks up to stand next to me and asked the girl for some cigarettes.

I took two steps backwards giving him a dirty look... the girl said sorry I'm serving this customer.

I said don't worry I'll come back later after you've cleaned up [in Thai] she looked at me puzzled.

I said to her at the same time as looking at him... no temp test, no gel & no QR swipe... is it now optional?

I thought we are in a red zone?

Walked out without any goods.

5 minutes later said guy was back at home lighting up another cigarette, he saw me and just smiled.

• Like 1

If an intelligent covid approach has no chance to be implemented in the developped world, due to rampant irrationality among the powers that be, why should we expect something different of this country? 

To avoid missunderstandings: An intelligent approach would take for granted that covid is a flu variation and should be treated accordingly. Those people not having excess body fat (due to low-carb nutrition and regular exercise - thus a fully working immune system and no lifestyle diseases) will have no problem to defeat any covid attack within days. Global vax campaigns are a dead-end road, to say the least. 

To me it seems the gov elites are ignorant and dependent of the powerlusty medicine men, who in turn are steered by their world-domination seeking svengalis (WEF & co)...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Visacrack , there are many cases of healthy athletes having damage to their heart.  Many long haulers.  I can't let you spread false info.

This guy's numbers couldn't possibly be related to reality.     I predict case #'s will go to 5000/ day in 10 days due to songkran. 

Edited by Elkski

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Woke up early this morning with the usual Pigeon dawn chorus, and the guy living opposite hawking his lungs up as he drags on his umpteenth cigarette.

I needed some bread & milk and as we have a 7/11 at the end of my Moo Baan thought i'd take my push-bike.

Walked in the door, took my own temp, cleaned hands with gel & swiped the QR code... girl behind the cashiers desk looked up and nodded.
Got my things and headed to the check-out.

In walks said guy from across the road from me, parked his motorcycle right outside the door on the disabled ramp, no helmet, no mask.

Walks straight past the thermometer check... no test, no gel no QR check.

Coughing still ongoing, walks up to stand next to me and asked the girl for some cigarettes.

I took two steps backwards giving him a dirty look... the girl said sorry I'm serving this customer.

I said don't worry I'll come back later after you've cleaned up [in Thai] she looked at me puzzled.

I said to her at the same time as looking at him... no temp test, no gel & no QR swipe... is it now optional?

I thought we are in a red zone?

Walked out without any goods.

5 minutes later said guy was back at home lighting up another cigarette, he saw me and just smiled.

TIT..

sometimes sadly 

Let's put this statement in perspective. As of today, we've got ~1,000 infectious time-bombs everywhere we go.

Even a strictly-enforced, good hard lockdown--which is what I think is needed--will not be enough to ERADICATE Covid. Thailand did that, greed & corruption blew it. IMV, case numbers are too high to accomplish this again.

At the end of this potential lockdown, we still have 400 potential time-bombs every time we grocery shop, ride BTS, use a taxi.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1