Over 500,000 Doses of Covid-19 Vaccine Are Given to Thai People

webfact

2169ffe3571dcdc45a87ac7064af5ca5_small.jpg.116b9a771da31da36316d5dac0681123.jpg

By Subhabhong Rarueysong

BANGKOK (NNT) - More than half a million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine have been given to Thai people across the country.

Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisuree Taisaranakul said on Saturday that 1,038,256 doses of vaccine had been distributed to hospitals and medical places in the country. Of these, 952,205 doses were AstraZeneca and the rest 86,060 were Sinovac.

From February 28 to April 9, a total of 537,380 doses were administered in 77 provinces. Over 470,301 people have received the first dose, while 67,079 people have got both doses. Most of the inoculated people were medical personnel.

Provinces with the most inoculations are Bangkok, Samut Sakhon, Phuket, Surat Thani, Tak, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Chonburi, Pathum Thani and Rayong.

nnt.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Chinese vaccines “don’t have very high protection rates”,  said the director of the China Centers for Disease Control, Gao <deleted>, at a conference on Saturday in the southwestern city of Chengdu.

They only need to vaccinate another 41.5 million people then to have a 50% chance of herd immunity 

( and that is being optimistic even if they were to get 41.5 million doses of sinovac in arms )

Edited by JamieM
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Does it really matter?

UAE is 3rd most vaccinated country in the World (with 93 doses per 100 people) however they still had 1,810 new cases yesterday (10 million population)

20210412_103753.jpg

20210412_104729.jpg

Don't forget to put a link to your graphic.  Thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course its working, from your own source (worldometers)look at the graphs of UAE positive cases and deaths trendlines rapidly declining, you forgot to mention that.

EDIT Jeffr2 you beat me to it, just saw your post ....lol

I did some research on this website.  It's dodgy, to say the least.  Best not used as a source of information.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course its working, from your own source (worldometers)look at the graphs of UAE positive cases and deaths trendlines rapidly declining, you forgot to mention that.

EDIT Jeffr2 you beat me to it, just saw your post ....lol

Another reason not to trust published numbers:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/10/world/europe/covid-russia-death.html

‘You Can’t Trust Anyone’: Russia’s Hidden Covid Toll Is an Open Secret

The country’s official coronavirus death toll is 102,649. But at least 300,000 more people died last year during the pandemic than were reported in Russia’s most widely cited official statistics.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, where'd all the Sinovac vaccines gone ? Who flogged them or mislaid them. I know their junk status, but still.

I think the reporting on this is backwards...I think they only received 117,000 doses of AstraZeneca but would have at least a million of the Sinovac .

• Like 1

'From February 28 to April 9, a total of 537,380 doses were administered in 77 provinces. Over 470,301 people have received the first dose, while 67,079 people have got both doses. Most of the inoculated people were medical personnel.'

with this momentum, say rounding it up to 2,000 people receiving both doses per day. Thailand population is 70 million, and the herd immunity is about 49 million. we may see 24,000+ days to reach this target.  did my calculator miss something ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Are the Thai people supposed to be 'pleased' with this announcement; clap and cheer and walk up and down waving Thai Flags ?

I think that's what all this propaganda is hoping for. 

Celebrate the minor milestones, because there will not be much to celebrate soon...

Half a million out of a population approaching 70 million.

I'm not sure I'd be bragging very loudly about that, but perhaps that's all they've got left; the braggadocio.

And even that's wearing a bit thin. I think I foresee a trip to the big house to summon some backing and save his bacon.

Good luck with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

UAE has used the chinese vaccine, maybe why still quite a few cases. Chile has reforted efficacy is only 3% for one dose. Maybe need 3 of chinese vaccine to be safe!

OMG yea you're right:

But the study by the University of Chile also found that one dose of the Sinovac jab was only 3 per cent effective against infection, underscoring the need to get fully vaccinated. Efficacy rises to 27.7 per cent within two weeks after the second jab, reaching 56.5 per cent a fortnight later, according to the university.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3128886/chile-covid-19-vaccination-drive-adds-sinovac-efficacy-data

• Like 1

500,000 or 0.7% of the population has been vaccinated? 
Thailand.  Pat yourselves on the back for the abysmal job planning and rolling out vaccines while the first-world, and even India, leaves you in the dust.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

More than half a million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine have been given to Thai people across the country.

Not really something to be boasting about... rather something to keep quiet about.

• Like 1

Bad news from China about Sinovac:

logo_300x284.gif

CHINESE OFFICIALS SAY CHINESE VACCINES’ EFFECTIVENESS LOW

By
 Associated Press
 -
April 11, 2021 1:00 pm

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha holds a vial during the welcoming ceremony for Sinovac vaccines at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Feb. 24, 2021. PM Prayut Chan-o-cha holds a vial during the welcoming ceremony for Sinovac vaccines at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Feb. 24, 2021.
lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=21

BEIJING (AP) — In a rare admission of the weakness of Chinese coronavirus vaccines, the country’s top disease control official says their effectiveness is low and the government is considering mixing them to give them a boost.

Chinese vaccines “don’t have very high protection rates,” said the director of the China Centers for Disease Control, Gao <deleted>, at a conference Saturday in the southwestern city of Chengdu.

Beijing has distributed hundreds of millions of doses in other countries while also trying to promote doubt about the effectiveness of Western vaccines.

“It’s now under formal consideration whether we should use different vaccines from different technical lines for the immunization process,” Gao said.

The effectiveness rate of a coronavirus vaccine from Sinovac, a Chinese developer, at preventing symptomatic infections has been found to be as low as 50.4% by researchers in Brazil. By comparison, the vaccine made by Pfizer has been found to be 97% effective.

• Sad 1