No lockdown but dozens of provinces requiring quarantine for travellers - here’s the latest

webfact

Reuters.jpg

REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

At least 37 provinces in Thailand are requiring visitors from so-called ‘high-risk’ locations to undertake 14 day quarantine.

It is important to stress that no province is currently in lockdown, as has erroneously been reported on social media. In fact, government officials have repeatedly stressed that there are currently no plans for either provincial or national lockdown (this is correct at the time of posting).

However, people travelling to other provinces from Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, and Nakhon Pathom may be required to undergo some form of quarantine or be asked to take a rapid COVID-19 test.

But it is also worth noting that some provinces are only requiring quarantine for travellers who visited high risk venues, such as The Krystal Club, Ekkamai Beer Bar, The Cassette Music Bar or other venues where clusters have been confirmed.

If you do still plan to travel, the advice is to seek the latest information regarding your destination province before you begin your journey.

The situation is fluid and is ever changing, so try to get as up to date information as you can prior to your departure.

Provinces currently enforcing quarantine as of 18:00, 11 April 2021:

North:

Kamphaeng Phet, Chiang Mai, Tak, Nan, Phayao, Phetchabun, Phrae, Lamphun, Uthai Thani, Nakhon Sawan,  Uttaradit  and Phitsanulok.

Northeast:

Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Phanom, Bueng Kan, Buriram, Mahasarakham, Mukdahan, Yasothon, Sakon Nakhon, Nong Khai, Bua Lam Phu, Amnat Charoen, Udon Thani  and Nakhon Ratchasima.

Central, East and West:

Chainat, Saraburi, Singburi, Sakaeo and Lopburi.

South:

Chumphon, Trang, Narathiwat, Pattani, Phang Nga, Songkhla, Satun

Meanwhile, in Prachuap Khiri Khan, which reported a total of 141 cases on Sunday, officials are only requesting quarantine from people who visited high risk venues

In Phuket, officials have said quarantine is not needed for arrivals from high risk areas.

In Surat Thani, quarantine is not required but people entering the province need to scan in the ‘Save Surat’ QR code.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-12

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

At least 37 provinces in Thailand are requiring visitors from so-called ‘high-risk’ locations to undertake 14 day quarantine.

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm confused about the 14 day quarantine. Most of the folks that have been arriving in the village here in Phitsanulok; say they are headed back to Bangkok later in the week...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, George Bowman said:

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm confused about the 14 day quarantine. Most of the folks that have been arriving in the village here in Phitsanulok; say they are headed back to Bangkok later in the week...

Same here in Buriram + what is worse most of them are NOT wearing masks

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

to avoid quarantine it's possible to do on the spot test, 600b. 

Or go to the nearest hospital for testing.

To avoid checkpoints on the roads travellers will use smaller, local roads, to move between provinces.

So far small checkpoints, run by local authorities, were not set, because there are no orders.

But were active during the first wave

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, internationalism said:

to avoid quarantine it's possible to do on the spot test, 600b. 

Or go to the nearest hospital for testing.

Interesting that you can get an instant test for 600 baht but yesterday the prices quoted were 1500 and 3000 upwards at government and private hospitals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sapson said:

Interesting that you can get an instant test for 600 baht but yesterday the prices quoted were 1500 and 3000 upwards at government and private hospitals.

Aren't those quoted prices the prices for the more accurate PCR tests?

• Like 2

The village here in Udon is filled with dozens of people coming from these provinces. Few seems to even know about the quarantine requirements and those who do clearly don't care. They're all walking around and partying like Covid never happened.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George Bowman said:

I personally think that in view of the rapidly increasing numbers of new cases, the authorities should follow the example of some European countries and impose a total lock down, or at least a lockdown like the one which was in force here last year for a few months. I hope that I am wrong, but I am afraid that if such measures are not taken, the worse case scenario, or even worse, could be the reality.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Enforcing how?!? There are enough (good) laws and rules in Thailand, but there is NO enforcement on IMPORTANT matters, such as traffic and (school)child abuse.
But if you have kratom or maybe 6.5 ganja plant in your garden, you go to jail for a long time (unless you are hi-so or have a lot of 'friends'/money)
Enforcement is Thailand's real problem!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

If you do still plan to travel, the advice is to seek the latest information regarding your destination province before you begin your journey.

Where the heck can one find accurate information?

Every other article seems to contradict a previous one.

Already today, we have seen in three different articles that it is the British European Cambodian strain.

• Like 1

1,000 years from now, Aliens are going to see how we handled a worldwide pandemic before and AFTER around 3 million people already died....

alien translate (OK, drive, smile, take friends, party, go everywhere, leave, OK).  

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Where the heck can one find accurate information?

There is a clickable map at

http://www.moicovid.com/ข้อมูลสำคัญ-จังหวัด/

A click on the name of most provinces leads to a page with five news sections each (in Thai language). Usually section 2 is the link to the rules for travelling in or out of the province.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

However, people travelling to other provinces from Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, and Nakhon Pathom may be required to undergo some form of quarantine or be asked to take a rapid COVID-19 test

They keep quoting Nakhon Pathom as a red zone, which is quite a large city west of Bangkok... but trying to find out why it's a red zone or where the infection rates are high is impossible.

How do I know where it's safe to go or to stay away from?

More information is required to make educated decisions.

11 hours ago, George Bowman said:

Quarantines are 14 days or until you leave the area, whichever comes first. 

Same way it was in Texas at the beginning of Covid, for travelers from Louisiana, Florida, etc.

Edited by impulse

39 minutes ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

Travelled from Bangkok red zone Ekamai to Phetchaburi Province. No check points on the way, but if there were I would obviously tell them I have visited establishments such as The Krystal Club or Ekamai Beer Bar.

Hi-so who can afford the membership in Krystal brothel won't be held up by lowly police. 

Edited by Kiujunn

12 hours ago, webfact said:

North:

Kamphaeng Phet, Chiang Mai

I drove up to Chiang Mai from Lamphun today.  Highway 11 is chock-a-block full of cars from Bangkok all headed North.  Once on the outskirts of Chiang Mai where they used to have road block point to enforce Covid restrictions?  Nada.  Nothing.  So if Chiang Mai in enforcing quarantines from Covid red-zones, it's done on the honor system.  There's no one enforcing diddley. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MJCM said:

Aren't those quoted prices the prices for the more accurate PCR tests?

Just face the facts, it is nothing more than pure greed and profiteering, just

taking full advantage of a world wide pandemic.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:17 PM, connda said:

I drove up to Chiang Mai from Lamphun today.  Highway 11 is chock-a-block full of cars from Bangkok all headed North.  Once on the outskirts of Chiang Mai where they used to have road block point to enforce Covid restrictions?  Nada.  Nothing.  So if Chiang Mai in enforcing quarantines from Covid red-zones, it's done on the honor system.  There's no one enforcing diddley. 

Thailands new explosive has now made it into the international media.

NYT and a lot of European media are reporting. 

CM is quoted as a hotspot,  supposedly has run out of hospital beds, even run out puff field hospital beds.