Thai Govt facing backlash as third wave of COVID threatens to engulf Thailand

webfact

0420A53D-FC3B-4FAB-80D8-404BB8DD0CA7.jpg

Public Health Minister and Prime Minister inspected a package of Sinovac vaccines.

COVID-19 has been around for more than a year already in Thailand. Since it began spreading in early 2020, experts have been warning about more dangerous waves of infection to come. Yet, when the third wave finally hit this month, the government was seemingly caught ill-prepared.

“We are not that confident. But we are doing our best,” Deputy Public Health Minister Dr Sathit Pitutecha admitted on Sunday (April 11) when asked whether the COVID-19 situation could be controlled. His boss, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, is now in isolation after attending an April 6 event alongside Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob, who then tested positive.

During the past week, the number of new cases has risen by hundreds every day – 194 on April 5, 250 on April 6, 334 on April 7, 405 on April 8, 559 on April 9, 789 on April 10, and 967 on April 11. As of press time, more than 4,300 people are being treated for COVID-19 in hospital.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-govt-facing-backlash-as-third-wave-of-covid-threatens-to-engulf-thailand/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

Well, what are you two gonna do about it?

I expect, but don't hope, that after Songkran when the infection rate climbs, Tom & Jerry will blame Thai people for not being careful etc enough.

Btw, how come Anutin has got a widows peak, is that new?

Perhaps rubbing his head into some pretty's cleavage at a Bangkok nightclub he never attended.

• Like 2

Just now, faraday said:

Btw, how come Anutin has got a widows peak, is that new?

It's not that the widow's peak has grown. it's that the forehead is receding. Still, at least he has a mask. Doubtless the PM insisted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DLock said:

Your best isn't nearly good enough, Sathit.

You neglected you post, went dancing at Thong Lor, forgot about vaccines, rubbished COVAX, locked migrant workers in factories, tested only when pockets were found and encouraged people to travel for Songkran....and now you are "not that confident"

That's your best?

If you were in a real job, you'd all be fired long ago.

Nail firmly bashed on the head!!

That has gotta be the best summary to the Thai govt 'response' I have read, bravo sir (or madam dont want to upset the pc applecart!)

Incompetence and a complete lack of forethought just doesn't come close to their eyewatering level of fukwittery....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lodstewart said:

ask yourself  what experience or knowledge would an Army General have in guiding a country through a pandemic ?

so it follows that He's winging it, and the results are peoples lives.

WW1 comes to mind.......couragous men led by Donkeys

sorry the correct quote is  Lions led by Donkeys

• Like 1

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

they had on february 317k vaccines, another 800k in march. Still over 500k rest in fridges, instead of being given a long time ago, allowing for the second jab from the 1mln arriving yesterday.

that is a mystery why such negligence can happen.

Look  for a report soon that many doses of Vaccines got contaminated or spoiled

• Like 2

Just now, mark131v said:

Incompetence and a complete lack of forethought just doesn't come close to their eyewatering level of fukwittery....

Careful of rule 8. Yes,yes I know that it could apply to anything, yes yes, I know the rules were drafted specifically so they could be applied to anything on discretion. Yes, yes, I'm aware of the WP situation.

Sorry state of affairs I agree... still, all things designed to make the pooyay feel all powerful and stuff... Pays yer money, takes yer choice, still a lot of money to claw back.

8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

'seemingly caught ill-prepared'   Looks like the author has been practising diplomacy.

'seemingly' was the last word in my mind.

Caught with their pants down would be more like it. 

• Like 2