Entry to Canada from thailand possible now?!

On 4/12/2021 at 12:49 PM, EVENKEEL said:

On the news they said everyone returning to Canada must quarantine in a State run facility. Mandatory.

Partly correct.  You do a test at the airport on arrival and you are "supposed" to show a 3 day booking at a government listed hotel at your expense.  On exit of those 3 days, you proceed to you own 14 day personal quarantine site.  Only thing is, most people do not book it and then are issued a fine right away and then you continue to your 14 day quarantine personal site. Not sure other places but in Toronto, the "cheapest" 3 day hotel is more than $1,100.00 Canadian (if you can get through to book) and your fine is 750.00-800.00 so what would you do?  I know this as a cousin did this last month and I am about to do the same in 3 weeks and have the Canada APP all filled out ready to go with "no hotel reservation" on the cover of the page I show on arrival.  I also know the fine amounts as my brother is deputy chief at Peel Police that cover the airport and his men are the ones that issue the tickets.  Can't tell you the fines/hotel costs at other places, but that is for all Toronto / Pierson arrivals as of today for sure!

The quarantine rules noted apply to Canadian citizens returning.

There is a virtual ban on entry to non-citizens.

So highly unlikely a Thai national would be allowed in.

"Until further notice, most foreign nationals cannot travel to Canada, even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA)."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

• Like 1