Travelling to Hua Hin? Here are the latest quarantine requirements

webfact

HHin.jpg

File photo//wikipedia

Health officials in Prachuap Khiri Khan have released the latest requirements regarding quarantine for people travelling to the province.

The only people required to quarantine are those who have visited high risk venues in Bangkok or elsewhere.

High risk venues are mostly the Thonglor and Ekkamai bars in Bangkok which officials have said are linked to large clusters of COVID-19 infections.

People required to quarantine also need to check in via a QR code and self quarantine for 14 days at home.

Hua Hin Today listed some of the venues deemed ‘high risk’:

Bone Pub Pattaya

Cetus Club Pattaya

The Box 69 Club Pattaya

Infinity Club Chiang Mai

Too Nice Nimman

Bangkok:

Krystal Club (Thonglor), 

BarBarBar, 

Ekkamai Beer House, 

Emerald (Thonglor), 

Dirty Bar, 

Bottoms Up (Thonglor), 

AINU Hokkaido Izakaya & Bar, 

The Cassese Music Bar (Ekkamai), 

63 Music House (Ekkamai), 

Pik Mai Restaurant, The Jazz, M Club, 

76 Garage, 

The Play Exclusive Club, 

TOPONE Club Bangkok, 

Chill Chill Restaurant, 

Hiso Ciety, 

Dubai luxury Club, 

69 Tomdiiz Pub, 

Dollar Bangkok

7-Ducks Pub & Lounge

Everyone in the province must also follow the DMHTT precautions.

These are:

D – Distancing, 

M – Mask wearing, 

H – Handwashing, 

T – Temperature check, 

T – Thai Chana contact tracing application.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-12

Just a hunch but I suspect there will be not one person doing this quarantine, not a single person.

Not that it really matters, they should be expanding it to 'having been in contact knowingly or not' with someone who's been to one of these places - something that would be impossible to track.

The pubs are closed, this will limit the spread by quite a lot I suspect.

On 4/12/2021 at 3:00 PM, ukrules said:

The pubs are closed, this will limit the spread by quite a lot I suspect.

It's a bit late, it's already out in the community. The total of cases linked to the Maya pub is now up to 334, with 141 new cases in just the last 24 hours, according to the information put out by the Prachuap Khiri Khan health authorities.

Closing the pubs now is a classic case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Screenshot_2021_0413_154918.png

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

Give it a couple of weeks and it will be back under control, shutting things down will limit further spread.

It's no coincidence that these outbreaks are linked to large indoor events, we know it doesn't spread anywhere near as quickly outdoors.

With all indoor entertainment closed down future spread should be pretty limited in scope unless they open it back up again.

This will continue to happen until most people are vaccinated, so I wouldn't expect much, if anything to change until at least later this year, perhaps even into next year, and that's a best case scenario.

A worst case scenario would be that there's a load of additional mutations in the virus which render the recovered patients immunity and current vaccines completely ineffective. We are nowhere near this scenario at the moment but I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

24 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Give it a couple of weeks and it will be back under control, shutting things down will limit further spread.

It's no coincidence that these outbreaks are linked to large indoor events, we know it doesn't spread anywhere near as quickly outdoors.

With all indoor entertainment closed down future spread should be pretty limited in scope unless they open it back up again.

I'm sorry, but I don't share your optimism. What you say might be true if everyone who's caught it then goes on to spend all of their time outdoors, without ever coming close to other people. However I think that unlikely.

You just have to look at the figures to see that it's spreading more quickly day by day since they closed the pub, as the people who have already caught it are circulating in the community.

There's currently a map available, showing all the places where people who have tested positive are known to have have been. It shows 215 different commercial establishments in Hua Hin, including both the Market Village and BlúPort shopping malls, plus dozens of shops, bars and restaurants.

If people start to show symptoms and are tested they will be isolated but we know that this disease is very often transmitted by asymptomatic carriers and/or before symptoms show.

I hope I'm wrong but I've a nasty suspicion that what we've seen so far is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm not worried about covid.  I'm sick of these stay-at-home orders that have been going on for over a year and will probably never end.  I just want to live and if I die from covid, a motorbike accident, or some disease infested Thai girl, so be it. 

What is the status of traveling from BKK to Hua Hin as of today?  Can I still take the bus from Ekkamai?  Any quarantine or covid tests required?  What's open and what's closed? 

Edited by loser4life

According to a Google translate version of the order issued by the Prachuap Khiri Khan governor yesterday, here's what's closed.

Closures

- Close the location for rehearsal or gambling. Cock-fighting, biting fish and other places similarly.

- Closing establishments, such as pubs, bars, karaoke service.

- Close the water park, amusement park, swimming pool.

- Close playgrounds.

Kids playgrounds and playgrounds including inflatable houses, ball houses or other play areas which are the same in the floating market, flea market, malls, shopping centers and commune malls in Prachuchuap Khiri Khan province.

- Close the table, snooker, billiard, game shop, game cabinet and internet shop.

- close martial arts school

- Closing the establishment of facilities for massage, cinema, or tutorial theater.

- Closing health establishments that use water, steam, facial massage.

* except Thai traditional massage, foot reflexology or state medical care.

- Close the training grounds, boxing, gyms, or boxing camps. Fitness facility providing indoor exercise which is closed system and any other architecture similarly.

* restaurant establishments, dining locations, must provide dining tables, at least 1 meters distance. Each table sits up to 2 people or if it's a long table, divide and limit the consumers. Inside the shop, according to the principle of D-M-H-T-T-T is at least 1 metres of social distance. Wear a hygienic mask or cloth mask. Wash your hands with soap or alcohol gel. Check your body temperature before going to the food or drink shop and use "Thai Chana" app

*** Including prohibited alcohol or alcoholic beverages in store.

From today (13 Apr. 64) onwards until order changes.

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Bone pub, Box 69 and 69 Tomdiiz? Nice names. Fun fun. Wonder what goes on in these clubs? Just well behaved government ministers enjoying a whisky? 

Sure ain't philosophical discussions on the betterment of the Thai people????

• Haha 1