Songkran is Irritating

brucegoniners

Nah ..  borderline irritating is when it rains 90% of the time power goes 

off .. but that’s  Village life you have to roll with the tide...

and fortunately I bought one of those shiny bright red generators worked when the need cames about until it makes it over to the 

in-laws farm.. I’m not complaining they brought back.. and it has 

not started in 2+ years,..

but  the good thing about living a Village life .. if you want booze no worries you can find it. any day..

• Like 1

Like many have said, easy solution, move back to your home county. I like this time of the year and look forward to it. I have never understood posts like this, yes living here in Thailand does have challenges , but for the most part it is cheap, fun, and beautiful place to retire. Sounds like you are homesick and need to move. 

• Like 2

i come Thailand long time ago...

they say, 'water festival, funny'.  i say, 'wow, looks great, everyone is soo happy, i will really love it very much.'

omg, now i hate everything.  i hope they stop everything.  everyone leave.  i try to like but cannot because i cannot change

ok, now covid and everyone is gone... omg, the worst.  

some falangs are lose-lose everything bad-bad

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, LALes said:

Went to Vietnam during Tet a few years back.  Never again.  The entire country shuts down for 10-14 days.

Feels like New Years Day every day on end.  A real nightmare.

You should have been there in 1967,Tet was the only thing that gave life to the country but made the troops there a huge target.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:18 PM, digbeth said:

So if businesses 'back home' stops from Christmas to new years, it's not irritating? 

In the USA the madness starts with Thanksgiving in late November and builds to a crescendo by new year's day. During that time people turn increasingly stressed, frantic, and irrational. Many feel driven to do things they really don't want to do, spend money they don't have, and visit people they don't like. Services, government offices, and businesses are crippled. Half of January is social recovery from the ordeal. 

Happy Holidaze. Bah, humbug! 

Enduring a week of water fights is trivial by comparison. 

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2021 at 3:06 PM, CharlieH said:

"I just find the whole thing ridiculous. I wouldn’t be surprised if the police and hospitals closed too. "

If the Police closed I doubt you would even notice ! ????

Except when it comes to collecting tea money. ????

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vandeventer said:

I for one don't mind Songkran. I only wish when there is water throwing that they won't put ice in the bucket when they throw it, as I have too many dents in my motorcycle helmet.

That's what happens when you buy a 300Bt one from Big C. ????

15 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

Sunshine, cheap rent, abundant tropical fruit, fast Internet, good gyms, Tesco and Big C, yummy street food, and ubiquitous inexpensive naughty   therapeutic massages combine to make LoS a pretty good retirement destination.

It is, now if only Thailand could come up with some way of stopping these coups. These clowns who start them so they can play at being PMs must be stopped some way.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

Like many have said, easy solution, move back to your home county. I like this time of the year and look forward to it. I have never understood posts like this, yes living here in Thailand does have challenges , but for the most part it is cheap, fun, and beautiful place to retire. Sounds like you are homesick and need to move. 

I see this topic has the members of the "if you don't like it, go home" brigade all returning again.

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2021 at 6:13 PM, LALes said:

Went to Vietnam during Tet a few years back.  Never again.  The entire country shuts down for 10-14 days.

Feels like New Years Day every day on end.  A real nightmare.

A holiday  for the people of Vietnam which really basic research will reveal

On 4/13/2021 at 6:32 PM, from the home of CC said:

westerners are irritating (to the extreme) - one of the reasons I left (now, if I just can stop reading this wah wah wah bs...)

Correct .

Could you advise me of  a forum ,

Without , irritating  Westerners .

I have met so many , too many ....

On 4/14/2021 at 10:09 AM, possum1931 said:

I see this topic has the members of the "if you don't like it, go home" brigade all returning again.

Many of the  righteous  Farang  Brigade ..

Are not welcome home anymore ....

Bridges burned .. RIP .

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, DeaconJohn said:

"If you don't like it here, go away".

Is indeed a frequently voiced response to chronic complainers

Maybe because it is such an obvious solution to all their problems... unless they are being held here against their will - in jail for instance.

A prompt departure would be doing everybody a favor.

These pitiful misfits wouldn't be missed by anybody.

A thousand thanks for your wise words.

On 4/13/2021 at 6:17 PM, DJ54 said:

Nah ..  borderline irritating is when it rains 90% of the time power goes 

off .. but that’s  Village life you have to roll with the tide...

and fortunately I bought one of those shiny bright red generators worked when the need cames about until it makes it over to the 

in-laws farm.. I’m not complaining they brought back.. and it has 

not started in 2+ years,..

but  the good thing about living a Village life .. if you want booze no worries you can find it. any day..

So you can anywhere in Thailand