Phuket tourism falters as infections spread

webfact

1618203963_1-org.jpg

Patong Beach remains devoid of visitors. Photo: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Patong Beach remains devoid of visitors as COVID infections rise across the island and the spread of infections elsewhere in the country has sparked mass cancellations of planned trips to Phuket.

The Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) this morning (Apr 12) reported 74 cases of confirmed infections on the island since April 3.

That number had risen from 58 confirmed cases as of yesterday morning. In reporting the 58 cases yesterday, the PPHO reported only three tambon (subdistricts) on the island that had not yet had a confirmed case of COVID-19.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tourism-falters-as-infections-spread-79659.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-12

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

God I hope not, that'll be 2 and half years of no sex with the wife ! Cadfael probably got more than me these days

I live in Pattaya - Obviously I watch no TV because I am out on the razz every night - so I had to look up <deleted> who/what is Cadfael. Anywhay, nevermind, now I know and understand - anyway, PM me next time you are in Patts and will personaly take you out and get this particular ;'Cadfael' problem sorted out pronto. Cheers ???? 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: Patong Beach remains devoid of visitors as COVID infections rise across the island and the spread of infections elsewhere in the country has sparked mass cancellations of planned trips to Phuket.

But next week there will still be a new tourism plan to open Phuket for business!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Patong Beach remains devoid of visitors as COVID infections rise across the island and the spread of infections elsewhere in the country has sparked mass cancellations of planned trips to Phuket.

Som nam na... reap what you sow.

Patong Mayor announces new incentive to attract thousands of extra visitors....

’The Amazing Patong Seafood Festival‘

A spokesman for the Mayor’s Office said this brand new incentive, to be held on the beach, will help rescue existing restaurants from their current difficult times