Extending Non-O visa based on Marriage (UK passport) - 2 months money in bank problem.

Hello,

I have the money in the bank, and wish to extend for a year, but annoyingly, it will only be 2 months in the bank 2 days after my visa expires. 

Are there any options?  I do earn more than ฿40000 a month from abroad and could prove this with PDF payslips.  

Is it possible just to extend the visa twice, taking me over the 2 month threshold? 

Kind Regards to all.

As stated, if you have not used the 60-day extension since your last entry into Thailand with a visa (entry with a re-entry permit does not count) ask for the simple to get 60-day extension. Otherwise

1. Ask the senior official at your office if they will waive strict adherence to the seasoning rules. They have discretion to do so, but are supposed to use the discretion very sparingly, so you will probably not be lucky unless you already have a good relationship with the office. OR
  2. Explain to the office that you plan to apply for the extension a few days late, paying the overstay fine. Confirm with them that they will accept this. Most offices will not make a big fuss over a short overstay, though it will be a black mark on your record that is best avoided.
  • Like 1

BritTim provided you with clear and good advice.

You wrote > I do earn more than ฿40000 a month from abroad and could prove this with PDF payslips. 

For sake of clarity the 2 months seasoning is only applicable when making use of the +400K Funds-in-Bank method.

When you have evidence that your received +40.000 THB each and every month from abroad for the 12 months preceding your application, you could also make use of that Monthly Income transfer-method.  However, pay-slips would not be sufficient but you would need evidence from your personal Thai bank-account that the funds transferred originated from abroad, which might be somewhat of a headache to get such bank-evidence.

• Like 1

The OP is a bit unclear, 400K or 40K/month?

If this were to be your first ever 12 month extension based on income then you are right in thinking only a couple of months transfers but it could be 2 or 3 so best to check with immigration. You would also need a letter and bank statement from the Thai bank showing the transfers which is fairly  straightforward.

Personally I doubt immigration would accept the payslips, they do not like unfamiliar documents. It would be better if you can obtain the remittance advice for the transfers, with those it is irrelevant what code appears on the bank statement.

As suggested an initial 60 day extension would give you  more time. Good luck.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The OP is a bit unclear, 400K or 40K/month?

If this were to be your first ever 12 month extension based on income then you are right in thinking only a couple of months transfers but it could be 2 or 3 so best to check with immigration. You would also need a letter and bank statement from the Thai bank showing the transfers which is fairly  straightforward.

Personally I doubt immigration would accept the payslips, they do not like unfamiliar documents. It would be better if you can obtain the remittance advice for the transfers, with those it is irrelevant what code appears on the bank statement.

As suggested an initial 60 day extension would give you  more time. Good luck.

Good post.

But a caveat on > If this were to be your first ever 12 month extension based on income then you are right in thinking only a couple of months transfers but it could be 2 or 3 so best to check with immigration.

> There have been several reports of first-time applicants wanting to make use of the Monthly Income transfer method, where the Imm OFficer handling their application insisted on 12 of such transfers.  Surely that would be the case if you are already staying on a 1-year extension, but even for a FIRST TIME application there have been reports from Imm Officers requiring that (even when applicant was still in his home-country in the early months and only recently entered Thailand).

So in case OP wants to make use of that method, he should indeed enquire at his local Imm Office about the local requirements for his application.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, thanks for your replies.

I'd like to clarify:  I was considering the options regarding how to apply - I earn > ฿40 k but have only made one transfer to Thailand, as I've only been here a short time. I was hoping this would be an option, but it doesn't appear to be so. 

Additionally, can we clarify, if I simply extend the visa for 60 days, that does not prevent me from then extending for a year based on Marriage when my money 'seasons'?

Thanks again.

10 minutes ago, Globaleyes said:

Additionally, can we clarify, if I simply extend the visa for 60 days, that does not prevent me from then extending for a year based on Marriage when my money 'seasons'?

You can apply for the one year extension of stay after the 60 day extension.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

FYI, I was recently refused a 60 day COVID extension on my NON O based on retirement as I did not satisfy the financial equirement (800k). Hope you will be OK but TIT..

He will be apply for a 60 day extension to visit his wife.

You should of not been denied the 60 day covid 19 extension others have been able to do after a one year extension was denied.

• Like 1

It is a fact unfortunately.

I was denied at CW when asking for a 60 day COVID extension as I had transferred the bullk of my 800k out of Thailand. The officer remembered me from the previous year and almost apologised as she said my only option was to leave the country.

I am sure other people have been successful, maybe at provincial offices, or have used an agent though I never want to go sdown that shady route. I did not need to stay longer in Thailand though a couple more months would have been nice...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Globaleyes said:

Hello everyone, thanks for your replies.

I'd like to clarify:  I was considering the options regarding how to apply - I earn > ฿40 k but have only made one transfer to Thailand, as I've only been here a short time. I was hoping this would be an option, but it doesn't appear to be so. 

Thanks again.

You will have no problems extending for twelve months following the sixty day extension.

Many do it to give them time to get their bank account and paperwork in order.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 8:59 AM, Peter Denis said:

Good post.

But a caveat on > If this were to be your first ever 12 month extension based on income then you are right in thinking only a couple of months transfers but it could be 2 or 3 so best to check with immigration.

> There have been several reports of first-time applicants wanting to make use of the Monthly Income transfer method, where the Imm OFficer handling their application insisted on 12 of such transfers.  Surely that would be the case if you are already staying on a 1-year extension, but even for a FIRST TIME application there have been reports from Imm Officers requiring that (even when applicant was still in his home-country in the early months and only recently entered Thailand).

So in case OP wants to make use of that method, he should indeed enquire at his local Imm Office about the local requirements for his application.

"first-time applicants" - Brevity, the mother of misinterpretation and confusion. For the same reason I would not put much store in your "reports".

Immigration were fairly clear as item No 2 in the procedures column shows.

Reason

2. 18 In case of family members (only father, mother, spouse(male-female), child, adopted child or spouse's child) of a Thai national - Not more than 1 year for each extension.

Procedures

2) Evidence showing pension -
a letter of certification on deposit in the bank in Thailand and bank statement showing money transfer from overseas every month for the past 12 months.
Except in a case where the applicant's retirement is less than l year, the evidence must be from the month of retirement.
For example, the retirement is started in October 2018,the applicant must show pension payment evidence from November 2018 and pension payment evidence of the whole 12 months is required for the next year or;

Supporting evidence of income for a visa extension in case of family members and retirement
(attached to Notification SorTorMor. Very Urgent No. 0029. 173/Wor 4950 dated 21 December 2018)

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Except in a case where the applicant's retirement is less than l year, the evidence must be from the month of retirement.
For example, the retirement is started in October 2018,the applicant must show pension payment evidence from November 2018 and pension payment evidence of the whole 12 months is required for the next year

No age restriction on extensions based on marriage provided your over 20 years old, so between then and 65 years of age: Not retired, no pension > next.

What has retirement got to do with section 2.18.

This was one of 'Big Jokes' blunders.

17 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

No age restriction on extensions based on marriage provided your over 20 years old, so between then and 65 years of age: Not retired, no pension > next.

This was one of 'Big Jokes' blunders.

Do we take it that you have rescinded the order?

22 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Do people "retire" when going to bed?  Isn't an extension application a request to stay in a particular place?

By definition

"2withdraw to or from a particular place."

One of the common problems with translation is the absence of direct equivalence, but there are those that want to take the interpretation apart and distort the context for their own agenda.

Neither you nor anyone else on this forum can pick and choose which government documents should be observed, a prerogative of the immigration office.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1