Electric bill - almost free

Pravda

Moved to a new condo a few months back. Since then out electric bills have been unusually cheap, I am talking 60 baht instead of 1,100 average. My wife says it is some new government discount.... I just find it incredibly amazing they would give this much of a discount.

Anyone else or am I missing something?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

My March bill from MEA was a normal 7,000 baht range so must be just for low usage (or much more handsome men).

We're due our bill in a week or so, normal bill 2-3k (depends upon sunshine level and grandkids visiting).

I was expecting a reduction in PEA bills this year, the same as last year but nothing came.

I asked why no reduction this year & was told that it was based on December 2020 usage, if the monthly units used was below 90 (I think) then you would qualify for the reduced bills in February, March & April.

If the condo was vacant in December you have been gifted the discount because of the low units used.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Can you post a photo/scan of the bill with the personal stuff redeacted please?

There should be something on there to give us a clue as to what's going on.

Wifey trashed it. I think I have a payment somewhere from the pervious month. I'll try to find it.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Just checked our last bill, a miserable 9 unit discount ???? 

20210412_153557.jpg.9c243fc10de5fccabe0141e4cc576d56.jpg

Whow the biggest lecky bill I've ever had in 16 years is with 1 air-con ours just night time and 2 air-cons left on all day and night, UK family visit for 3 weeks.  it was 2 years ago now cost 2,600.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Whow the biggest lecky bill I've ever had in 16 years is with 1 air-con ours just night time and 2 air-cons left on all day and night, UK family visit for 3 weeks.  it was 2 years ago now cost 2,600.

That's actually only half our total energy consumption, the other half comes from our 6.5kWP solar and we use very little A/C ????

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

So you run a home factories. ????

Madam's 15,000 litre Koi pond swallows about 400W 24/7/365 (pumps/air/UV) that plus a couple of servers gives us a standing load of just under 1kW ???? 

Last April, when I was WFH (A/C in my office all day) and the solar wasn't fully populated we had a bill of 6,941 Baht ???? 

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Madam's koi pond swallows about 400W 24/7/365 (pumps/air/UV) that plus a couple of servers gives us a standing load of just under 1kW ???? 

Last April, when I was WFH and the solar wasn't fully populated we had a bill of 6,941 Baht ???? 

Well I guess as long as you know where it's all going and your happy no worries. 

A Norway guy in our village has 3 fase because he likes cooking and has ovens and lots of stuff in his kitchen his bill is always around 3000 and more when it's gets to a hot season.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

We're due our bill in a week or so, normal bill 2-3k (depends upon sunshine level and grandkids visiting).

That's a bit steep. Which direction you got your meter running?

29 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

That's a bit steep. Which direction you got your meter running?

With family here for the holidays and rather a lot of cloudy days it's looking like >3,200 this time ???? 

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

With family here for the holidays and rather a lot of cloudy days it's looking like >3,200 this time ???? 

That's the last time I'll winge about my 56 Baht bill...........???? 

I need to use PEA when running my big amps rice mill otherwise it would have been less.

Edited by Muhendis
additional info.
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Well it is not an all of Thailand thing for PEA. Have never received any reduction or discount this year or last year.

Are you on a domestic tariff? You should have received a reduction around this time last year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Are you on a domestic tariff? You should have received a reduction around this time last year.

I assume it is a domestic tariff, about 4 baht per unit, as we only have a house but did not receive anything last year.

1 minute ago, GreasyFingers said:

I assume it is a domestic tariff, about 4 baht per unit, as we only have a house but did not receive anything last year.

Could you post your latest bill with the personal stuff redacted, someone will be able to verify your tariff.

IIRC the discount last year involved locking your bill at the February level or giving a units reduction if you went over a certain consumption. Unless you were looking for it you might actually have missed it.

we moved into the new house at christmas and our first bill was under 100 baht, 2 aircons, water pump everytime a tap is turned on, heavy watering of new lawn so we were expecting a big one but it never eventuated, dont mind at all.

Edited by seajae

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Well it is not an all of Thailand thing for PEA. Have never received any reduction or discount this year or last year.

Well if you have never received a discount something wrong, either you are not on domestic tariff, or some how you have been missed, as every home with PEA got it for 3 months last year.

Or maybe you have not clearly understood your bills,  person reading the meter has a hand held machine that is programmed to give the discount.

• Like 1