US Embassy list of current COVID information links

lopburi3

Resources for information on local COVID-19 restrictions include:

Edited by lopburi3

I would like to see information about when, where, and how American expats here in Thailand can get vaccinated. Is there any program for us through the Embassy? Are we expected to wait around and wait for the Thai government to give us any thought? What type of vaccine can we get? There are many of us, (I'm in Pattaya) that would like to see that our government is engaging Thailands government on our behalf.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ehs818 said:

I would like to see information about when, where, and how American expats here in Thailand can get vaccinated. Is there any program for us through the Embassy? Are we expected to wait around and wait for the Thai government to give us any thought? What type of vaccine can we get? There are many of us, (I'm in Pattaya) that would like to see that our government is engaging Thailands government on our behalf.

The Embassy clearly stated there was no program to provide vaccine in foreign countries in January 7 alert - be sure you are signed up to receive such alerts.

COVID-19 Vaccinations 

As part of our efforts to give U.S. citizens timely information so that they can make informed choices about travel abroad, the Department advises that the United States government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas.  U.S. citizens traveling or residing overseas should follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination. 

2 hours ago, ehs818 said:

I would like to see information about when, where, and how American expats here in Thailand can get vaccinated. Is there any program for us through the Embassy?

The US is not planning on providing vaccines to ordinary US citizens living overseas anywhere in the world.  You will have to either return home to the US to get a vaccine or wait until the Thai version of the AZ vaccine is eventually available.

On 4/13/2021 at 1:02 PM, ehs818 said:

Don't count on "our absolutely useless embassy or country" to do jack squat for any of us ????

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 1:02 PM, ehs818 said:

As you would expect, there is a program through the embassy to vaccinate embassy staff.That's it.