Finally some good news: Thailand tipped to ease 90 day reporting for foreigners

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

I think you mean that it's the US Dollar which has been falling

Not really.  When I arrived in 2010 the average dollar to baht exchange rate for the year was 31.72.  Today's exchange rate is 31.59.  Not much difference.   

On 4/12/2021 at 5:15 PM, thequietman said:

Blah blah blah, change .... blah blah blah boosing investment ..... blah blah blah ....... making it easier for foreigners.

Nothing will happen. Mark my words. ????

Not true.  They will come up with a new visa class more expensive than the elite visa but with fewer requirements.

Or you are right in the Land of Bold Proclamations that never happen.

6 minutes ago, newnative said:

Not really.  When I arrived in 2010 the average dollar to baht exchange rate for the year was 31.72.  Today's exchange rate is 31.59.  Not much difference.   

2013 is was around 28 baht.  So it has gone up.

The types of foreign retirees targeted will be those who have a healthy pension pot, with the ability to spend 200,000 - 300,000 baht per month. 

That's about AUD$100,000 to AUD$150,000 per year. I doubt many Aussies could afford that in their own country. Age pensioners in Australia get about AUD$24,000 pa. Do the math. I also doubt if the elite rich Thais could even spend that amount in the land of smiles.

Finally some good news: Thailand tipped to ease 90 day reporting for foreigners  

Ain't gonna happen Joe. People who have / can spend that kind of money Won't be coming to stay in Los After they See the place . Whatever he's on it makes him Hallucinating.  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/12/2021 at 5:15 PM, thequietman said:

Blah blah blah, change .... blah blah blah boosing investment ..... blah blah blah ....... making it easier for foreigners.

Nothing will happen. Mark my words. ????

Well,  they might come up with something .    Something that will make it even more of a hassle for the average retiree.  ????

On 4/12/2021 at 5:35 PM, bdenner said:

For crying out aloud, no matter how TW tries she can't spend the 65K I bring in a month (retirement extn. Refuse to go down the 800K path)

Been here 20 years, 3 Chanoots, 3 cars and more land than you can poke a stick at --- wot more do they want.?

All in your name is it ?

So, in fact you dont have all that property do you?

What's your point ?

Too many restrictions to what is a right for Thai citizens who live in our countries along with permanent status after 10 years in the country or with family, regardless of marital status. The immigration policies of Thailand discriminate against other races. Something that should be unacceptable to any God loving nation. Depriving legal residents of their right to work and feed their family is more discrimination. If it were done to Thai citizens in another country ( who were singled out) there would be outcry! In Thailand however, not a word of protest is to be heard. 

1 hour ago, Sumarianson said:

Too many restrictions to what is a right for Thai citizens who live in our countries along with permanent status after 10 years in the country or with family, regardless of marital status. The immigration policies of Thailand discriminate against other races. Something that should be unacceptable to any God loving nation. Depriving legal residents of their right to work and feed their family is more discrimination. If it were done to Thai citizens in another country ( who were singled out) there would be outcry! In Thailand however, not a word of protest is to be heard. 

What has any “god” got to do with it? What is a “god-loving COUNTRY” .... something like Iran?  An Islamic or Christian republic?

• Like 1

RESIDENTS, not foreigner....

First thing they need to : Ease....

Stop the Racism.....we live here, pay our taxes and contribute to the community.

No 90 day check in. No yearly extension....

We can show 5 years of mortgage, rent and utility bills..... stop scheming and scamming already!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

RESIDENTS, not foreigner....

First thing they need to : Ease....

Stop the Racism.....we live here, pay our taxes and contribute to the community.

No 90 day check in. No yearly extension....

We can show 5 years of mortgage, rent and utility bills..... stop scheming and scamming already!

It's not racist at all, Cambodians, Burmese, and other Asians have to do it. 

A mortgage only proves you have bought a house. Why should that entitle you to be free of immigration requirements?

11 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

I like Thailand a lot don’t get me wrong, but the only wealthy tourists who are going to come here and spend like that are the ones who have a serious affliction for Thai women. 

most wealthy expats will go elsewhere for reasons I don’t have to explain. 

Hmm... must be one "donk" wealthy tourist! Or has not visit any other asian country! Because grass really is greener in many other asian country! Many other country has more beutiful woman than in Thailand and better body shape also. Talking about average woman. 

To me Thailand is better in other way. More safe than many other and i like how thai people act in daily life.

But that is matter of taste (say dog when lick hes di..)!

Yeah. And IF every person would send me a single dollar I'd be a billionaire. LOL

How about selling FREELANCE VISA instead? Guess more people ready to work abroad with their families just buying visa instead of creating fake company with fake Thai partners and fake employees. One million retirees vs one million of geeks with high salaries. No doubt who wins.

• Like 1

The Thai government is like most other governments in the world. It consists of rich people. Period, and do you 

usually see rich people who help anyone except other rich people.  Not usually.  I will not hold my breath

to see if this news story is anything other than just more words. I am hoping that maybe the visa requirements and

especially the 90 day reporting get a major revamp.  I guess we will see if there is actually any intelligence within

the government and TAT combined.  I wish I were more optimistic.

Geezer