Finally some good news: Thailand tipped to ease 90 day reporting for foreigners

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Many expats spending 100k/month or more (or who have resources to do so) have already had enough of the immigration circus and constant berating/blaming and left..

Or, pay an agent a small amount of money and you never have to deal with it.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Totster said:

You're right of course, I don't have any problem with how you spend your money.

However, it's a bit vulgar bragging about money and property, especially when the reality is that you don't really own most of the assets you claim to have.

So I stand by my original label, but I also respect your right to spend your money how you wish, however frivolous.

totster ????

Exactly, the wife/family own everything, once they become bored with 'the golden goose' it will return from whence it came ????????

Same idea being thrown out just a different day!  projection of high end spenders which will translate into higher spending?  Just another simple and stupid suggestion.  A healthy economy is a well rounded policy not the continuation of the same silly idea.

Maybe you need high rollers so they can associate with your high end representatives at the Krystal Club when it opens again?????

They have spent half a decade on tightening up and making it as hard as possible , throwing out a large number of people to know wanting to ease it up????

but it does not stop there , they want ones who will spend 200000-300000 per month, because people with this kind of money were lining up and struggling to get into Thailand 

14 hours ago, thequietman said:

Blah blah blah, change .... blah blah blah boosing investment ..... blah blah blah ....... making it easier for foreigners.

Nothing will happen. Mark my words. ????

Seems to be a repeat of previous announcements with possible 'benefits' for ultra wealthy farang, not your standard farang.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

Trouble is any "rethink" will involve a (suitably expensive) tracking app/device/QR code to keep their beadies on us even more closely.

..includes an ankle bracelet or chip inserted.

14 hours ago, bdenner said:

For crying out aloud, no matter how TW tries she can't spend the 65K I bring in a month (retirement extn. Refuse to go down the 800K path)

Been here 20 years, 3 Chanoots, 3 cars and more land than you can poke a stick at --- wot more do they want.?

Blood, sweet & tears.

And don't forget the "possible" 800,000 baht per head X 1 million

to prop up the banks.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Haha 1

Sure there are wealthy retirees who can spend USD 10k every month in Thailand.

If people have that amount of cash though,  they probably want to travel and not sit in one place the entire year.

The attraction of SE Asia for most retired couples is either the weather or the cheap cost of living (compared to Europe or USA).

But they tried that with wealthy tourists a few months ago. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, thequietman said:

Blah blah blah, change .... blah blah blah boosing investment ..... blah blah blah ....... making it easier for foreigners.

Nothing will happen. Mark my words. ????

My thoughts exactly. Also how many now actually spend 100,000 Baht per month?  This is a dream and wish I had that kind of money to live like a king. They are delusional to say the least and they keep spitting out the  "blah", "blah", "blah",  5555.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes forget the 90 days reporting but if you want us to spend more forget the 800,000 baht requirement in the bank for the retirement visa or the 400,000 baht for the marriage visa. This money just sits there and does nothing for the economy. We should have more freedom with our money after 10 years of living here.

15 hours ago, bdenner said:

For crying out aloud, no matter how TW tries she can't spend the 65K I bring in a month (retirement extn. Refuse to go down the 800K path)

Been here 20 years, 3 Chanoots, 3 cars and more land than you can poke a stick at --- wot more do they want.?

Similar situation for me plus I employ 4 thai people to look after 2 house and gardens. One couple has been with us for 10 years and my money basically put their 3 kids through university.

There are so many wealthy expats here in Thailand but will not bring there Savings into Thailand because of the lack of direction from the Govenment & Immigration changing rules just to see there name in the Media..

Thailand should open the door to all expats for dual Residency then Expats might bring there hard earned savings into the Country..

• Like 1

Just now, 0815 said:

100.000 baht per month ...
- Rent 10.000.
= 3000 per day
Get up early mates, go for a few soapies every week and look for a mia noi to reach the goal. ????????????????

Do the hoes issue receipts? ????????