Finally some good news: Thailand tipped to ease 90 day reporting for foreigners

snoop1130

And I'm sure the Thai medical insurance lobby is bending the task force's ear that these rich retirees must have "Thai medical insurance" (not superior foreign medical insurance) to stay happy and healthy in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tonray said:

Because they don't want begpackers selling things on the streets ?

That is true. And i do agree with  that.  I should have been more clear... 

What i meant was to say is that they should make it easier for the average person who can prove that they can afford to live here on a reasonable amount of money and not just expats who are willing to invest tons of money into investment properties here 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

That is true. And i do agree with  that.  I should have been more clear... 

What i meant was to say is that they should make it easier for the average person who can prove that they can afford to live here on a reasonable amount of money and not just expats who are willing to invest tons of money into investment properties here 

Don't all governments focus on immigrants, tourist, and expats with the most money?

If so, why should Thailand be any different?

• Like 1

there is no out of the box thinking by the Thai army government reason being there hole thinking revolves around getting money for nothing that is the wishful thinking that is buying subs, becoming a leader in space etc. etc. rechange the 90 day to 90 night so the dumb farangs will not know that nothing has changed, the two big things coming up are a real worry 1 a new strain of covid 19 that can handle the Thai climate and 2 the next Thai elections

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

translation:  We want to make it easier to take foreigners money!

Have you hit the point of the new VISA, we all know that the government lacks the money to pay salaries next year so the Farang is the target, minimum income as in Malaysia or more 100.000 B. ?

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

How exactly were retirees pivotal? The only thing I have seen is that Buriram Nois can afford a new buffalo. 

Boy meets girl. Boy supports girls family. Boy moves to Thailand and needs to live in a western style house so he boys one in a Mooban.  The he buys two new motorbikes and a car. Then a whole houseful of Furnitire. The people in the town open up a bunch of restaurants and markets to feed the boy and girl.  The mall opens

up Furnitire stores for the Furnitire. The girls family buys lots of new things and so on and so on and so on. 

Edited by 235291_1469957462
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I think it's a great idea. Kick out all the peasants and bring in the rich and educated. Sick of the low lifes moaning in Thailand. If you don't like it here, then go home to your miserable pensions and <deleted>ty little homes. Upgrade Thailand, bring in the big bucks, close down all the sex tourist hovels, set a scorecard to  validate entry applications. Drop taxes on fine wines, ban smoking, ban burning crops, upgrade schools, hospitals and public services. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes it is for some of us, as i cannot go myself, my wife has to take time off from her work to do it, yes  a bloody BIG burden.

Me last time i went immigration told me if i dont take a thai with my from now om to fill out all my paperwork and so on they wont take care of me. Thats a huge hassel for me and problem. As i cant make sure i always have a thai with me that alao speaks food english for do that for me. Not to mentiin thats illegal but the government wont do anything about it. As crimes and actions rearely have consequencses here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, brian2f2f said:

Me last time i went immigration told me if i dont take a thai with my from now om to fill out all my paperwork and so on they wont take care of me. Thats a huge hassel for me and problem. As i cant make sure i always have a thai with me that alao speaks food english for do that for me. Not to mentiin thats illegal but the government wont do anything about it. As crimes and actions rearely have consequencses here. 

Tell them where to go. You don't need a Thai to go with you. Add another day to your Thai language school schedule. 

18 hours ago, bdenner said:

For crying out aloud, no matter how TW tries she can't spend the 65K I bring in a month (retirement extn. Refuse to go down the 800K path)

Been here 20 years, 3 Chanoots, 3 cars and more land than you can poke a stick at --- wot more do they want.?

They want your money without the farang attached to it ????‍♂️ honestly until thailand gets with the times in regards to visas matching what thai people receive in other countries they won't increase their numbers much. Most people I've spoken to understand the whole thai land for thai people but I've never heard anyone ever say thailands visa system is anyway good or reciprocal in terms of what you can actually do when you come here

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bdenner said:

For crying out aloud, no matter how TW tries she can't spend the 65K I bring in a month (retirement extn. Refuse to go down the 800K path)

Been here 20 years, 3 Chanoots, 3 cars and more land than you can poke a stick at --- wot more do they want.?

You need to spend more.   Maybe buy things for your neighbors?