legalisation of UK passport at MFA Khlong Toei MRT

I am about to apply for my yellow tabien baan book and have obtained a certified copy of my passport from the British Embassy as required by my local Municipal Office, who also said said I have to go to MFA at Chaeng Wattana to get it translated from the only acceptable translation office. This is a long journey for me, then I just became aware of this relatively new MFA office in Khlong Toei in the MRT station. Can anyone confirm if they can do this particular task of translating my passport certified copy at this office? Thanks all in advance.

• Like 1

Correct.

MFA  will only certify the translation, not translate it. I used a translation agent who did all the donkey work for me. I thought it worth it for all the running around they had to do.

Got my pinky and yellowie a few months ago. Never used 'em!!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA will only certify the translation of it. They do not do the translation of it. You can use any translation service to have it translated.

The office at the MRT station in Khlong Toei can do it.   

Ubon Joe is spot on!

I am in the process myself and have made several frustrating experiences at MFA at Chaeng Wattana. I feel the officers there make it hard, even if you have all documents at hand just for you to use one of the agents lingering outside. It's one of those corrupt kick-back schemes.

Can recommend to go to Khlong Toei MRT, whole different experience. Officers there speak good English and are actually willing to help instead of artificially making it hard.

There is a translation office right outside the MRT station as well.

When you go there make sure to find the legalisation dept. near Amazon. Cause the Thai passport section is closed.

Also, if you hand in in the morning you might get a chance to have your docs legalised on same day. You'd probably have your Thai translation with you then already though.

• Like 1

Update 16/04/2021:

I was just at MFA at MRT Klong Toei to pick up my documents.

Translations came back with several remarks that MFA needs changed.

Mind you, I used Chulalongkorn Translation service and paid THB1,800 per page. ????

Long story short, there is a small translation office just outside exit 2 (turn left after exit, then walk lesd than 100m, you will find it on your left side).

The translator is currently translating/re-editing my documents @THB500 per page.

1 hour ago, fabruer said:

Update 16/04/2021:

I was just at MFA at MRT Klong Toei to pick up my documents.

Translations came back with several remarks that MFA needs changed.

Mind you, I used Chulalongkorn Translation service and paid THB1,800 per page. ????

Long story short, there is a small translation office just outside exit 2 (turn left after exit, then walk lesd than 100m, you will find it on your left side).

The translator is currently translating/re-editing my documents @THB500 per page.

One gotcha is that the translation of your name must match the translation on any other official document you present to the Amphur, e. g., Chanote. I gave the translator my Chanote to follow and had no translation issues. The Amphur did find a slight issue w/ the Chanote itself, however, and so I had to get an amendment at the Land Office. But no big deal.

• Thanks 1