Three foreigners and tourist policeman test positive for Covid on Koh Samui

webfact

On 4/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, Surelynot said:

This is a major problem...or will be......people think being vaccinated gives the 100% protection......sinovac is only 50%......a toss of a coin and you have no protection.

This is a headline in Hungary: People vaccinated with the Chinese vaccine have been warned: "protect yourself as if you had not been vaccinated" This warning was given out to people who had their second dose too.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 8:53 PM, Tropicalevo said:

As this is a Samui thread, it might be worth noting that expats going for the vaccine at a private hospital on Samui will only be offered the AZ vaccine (according to my doctor).

Stay safe people.

I'm not sure that is correct, if memory serves me then private hospitals were only allowed to import vaccine from manufacturers which the government didn't import from.

As this is a Samui thread, it might be worth noting that expats going for the vaccine at a private hospital on Samui will only be offered the AZ vaccine (according to my doctor).

Stay safe people.

I'm not sure that is correct, if memory serves me then private hospitals were only allowed to import vaccine from manufacturers which the government didn't import from.

On 4/13/2021 at 1:24 AM, Excel said:

Realistically I don't thing any Doctor would categorically give you a 100% assurance for a cure for any medical condition or threat.

My lady doc in thailand says my hansum-ness is chronic, we are now dating!...(need to pay off the cost of my visit)  ????

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, lom said:

Yes that is correct and until last week they were not allowed to buy anything.  Not sure why a hospital would already make a commitment on what vaccine will be used when they have not sourced it yet.

13 hours ago, lom said:

25 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

Yes that is correct and until last week they were not allowed to buy anything.  Not sure why a hospital would already make a commitment on what vaccine will be used when they have not sourced it yet.

The government has been importing two vaccines. Sinovac and AZ. These are the ones being issued to Thais at the moment (except they are running out of Sinovac).

A couple of weeks ago, the hospital that I use, said that private vaccines would be available in the near future. Patients would not be given a choice, it would be which ever one was available.

This week, I was told that the AZ vaccine is now the vaccine of choice.

No need to believe me - just ask at your local hospital. The hospital that I use has a register of patients just waiting for the 'go' date.

This week, the hospital said that if I wanted a vaccine, when they are allowed to sell them, then it would be AZ.

If you cannot use google or duck duck, look here

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/private-hospitals-in-thailand-to-get-10-million-covid-19-vaccine-doses

or here

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/health/thailands-private-hospitals-can-now-buy-and-sell-covid-19-vaccine/

or in the BP

• 4 weeks later...

Stay safe people.

Well, that's what we're being told now. But just wait until July rolls around - by all accounts the Govt is grabbing whatever bin-ends of the vaccine it can pick up, and the budget for overspending (ie the amount that the Govt is allowed to borrow) has almost dried up. (This week's economic report from a BKK newspaper we can't quote from).

In which case it's a fair bet that the goalposts will have shifted in two months time and we'll be paying for private jabs from the hospitals out of our own pockets - fair enough, if the prices are not gouging our eyes out!

Edited by robsamui