So whos pool is closed YET AGAIN?

redwood1

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Perhaps someone from the condo tested positive for Covid?

I doubt it very much......

The Condo is in Pattaya.....I am not going to name it......But I will say they love to shut down the pool at every opportunity.......I am just a renter here so my opinion is not worth a wooden nickel ......

But if I owned I would be in the committee meetings speaking LOUD and OFTEN and be a real pain in the Azz about this pool thing.....

The Thais here never seem to complain about the pool situation....

Edited by redwood1

Our condo had a positive Covid case where the person(s) were transported yesterday morning by ambulance from the location here in Bangkok.  Shortly thereafter, notices went up in the common places as well as the lifts announcing the issue.  The pool was closed as well as the gym and all common areas, and a sanitization was undertaken of all common areas/hallways/corridors/outside door(s) to units, as well as the bathrooms, and sauna.  The Pool/Gym/Sauna have been closed and no one is allowed to congregate inside the common Area's/Lobby until further notice by order of the Juristic company.  It is real and will happen.  The issue can not be fought as the juristic memo indicates they are following BMA rues and CCSA regulations in order to stop the spread of the virus.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

my own house pool is open to me and my family all the time.  Yet one more reason to avoid condo living, the list is impressively long, of reasons to do that. 

Game wardens will be around with all the splashing occurring. They will either think an alligator or crocodile gotcha or a full fledged water party is happening...lol

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Game wardens will be around with all the splashing occurring. They will either think an alligator or crocodile gotcha or a full fledged water party is happening...lol

I just lock the gate.  It's nothing to do with them, in my own little family  bubble. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aomelia said:

Some of us don’t enjoy mosquitoes, Rats , Snakes we live above those problems, I would never own a house and theses Villas are stacked up next to one another , No privacy,  20 th floor Sea Views Pattaya Views , No Way a Homeowner 

Haha, they are not all like that, for example, my house does not suffer any of those things that you list, bar the odd mosquito and is located in a quiet rural area with no immediate neighbours to bother me.  Its where you pick to live as far as a house is concerned, whereas, all condos suffer from the same privacy, noise and control issues, even high end ones. Not for me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

except it's not your house or pool

yes it is 

Ed: if in you're wisdom you are going to start an 'ownership' debate, please don't bother, we have all heard it many times before and its boring.   

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 2

As long as they make people stay apart in the water and don't allow them to gather for a post-swim beer and a chat around the pool, it's safe. This has just been published:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9465679/Health-Swimming-pool-water-inactivate-COVID-19-virus-just-30-SECONDS-study-finds.html

Maybe print it out and distribute it to your condo manager and committee chairperson, or ask an owner to do so on your behalf.

• Like 1

My Condo pool is still open, but probably should be closed.

The pool, the poolside restaurant and the poolside seating has become a popup bar for all the expats who cant go 2 hours without a drink.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Haha, they are not all like that, for example, my house does not suffer any of those things that you list, bar the odd mosquito and is located in a quiet rural area with no immediate neighbours to bother me.  Its where you pick to live as far as a house is concerned, whereas, all condos suffer from the same privacy, noise and control issues, even high end ones. Not for me. 

It is why I chose a Penthouse, no noisy neighbors next door or above me...lol, maybe I and my family are the noisemakers.  I bought a blow up rubber pool I am putting on my large balcony so the GF's daughter can swim...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PGSan said:

None of those issues here, but it is extremely high, and high-end.

So there is no management committee to make the rules?  No rules that others impose on you? pets?, no others that you can hear at all, so no next door room,  or one above and below? There is no 5/6/7 star hotel in the world that doesn't have adjacent living arrangements, so I very much doubt that any condo, high end or not, doesn't have that as well. How about security, you have to have a sticker to enter?  Do your friends have to report to security before they can see you? Not for me.