So whos pool is closed YET AGAIN?

redwood1

18 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

So there is no management committee to make the rules?  No rules that others impose on you? pets?,

18 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

How about security, you have to have a sticker to enter?  Do your friends have to report to security before they can see you?

We ate the committee, so we make the (very few) rules without impositions: and no need then to enforce them. No.

No sticker, but a friendly wave helps: or a tip to the valet and concierge etc.   No reporting, no “security” in that sense: the employees and inhabitants make it a very secure and friendly place without any need for such.  Maybe you have little understanding of how high-end and agreeable life can be?  Nothing at all like a hotel, except maybe a small family one with about 1 star!

We did have a huge legal battle with the developers to prevent them from imposing on us the facilities and annoyances of their adjacent middle-end hotel, but that is another story, for another post.

Edited by PGSan

3 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Maybe you have little understanding of how high-end and agreeable life can be?  Nothing at all like a hotel, except maybe a small family one with about 1 star!

Really; not very high end at all then? Personally I have never stayed in a 1 star hotel, or  a back packer doss house as they are usually termed. 

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Haha, they are not all like that, for example, my house does not suffer any of those things that you list, bar the odd mosquito and is located in a quiet rural area with no immediate neighbours to bother me.  Its where you pick to live as far as a house is concerned, whereas, all condos suffer from the same privacy, noise and control issues, even high end ones. Not for me. 

I agree and have a similar view... that guy hasn't been to see a real house, maybe just 60tw Cockchai Village ones. Yes I saw rats at home... but only when my cat found them and gifted them, a few snakes, most are harmless. Mosquitoes are a bit of an issue, especially right now , with the wet weather. My neighbours are somewhat distant, I have got a bit of garden around me and 2 patios.  A little one room box in the sky, and only a 2-3m2 balcony to sit on, with the AC compressor unit and drying laundry for company, nah? It's a choice... I did bedsits when  was a student! By the way (to get back on topic), my pool is open too, but not 365 days, when it drops below 24 degC...it is CLOSED!

I am inclined to think a walled house is a better place for Covid isolation.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PGSan said:

We ate the committee

Are you sure that's legal??

We lived in a condo for 8 years, never again. Too many rules and a loopy neighbour.

But each to his own, our pool is also operating for family who are visiting for the holiday.

I also saw the DailyWail article, seems pool water zaps covid rather well.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Really; not very high end at all then? 

No: it is clearly far, far better than your idea of ‘high-end’.  Maybe a better term is ‘exclusive and extreme sophistication’: come visit sometime and widen your experience of how good life can get when all inconveniences and annoyances are removed from day-to-day life.  

3 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Not to many guys here saying their condo pool is closed......So does this mean only a few unlucky condos pools are closed?...........

I guess I am just one of the unlucky ones, however, a notice was just sent out that the pool can now be used but by no more than two people and you must make an appointment and not stay for more than 30 minutes, signing in and out with the security guard that will be placed at the pool starting at 10am this morning.  Pretty strange, but hey I can swim, just need to message the juristic office and set my time if its available.

Condo pool close here at Hillside Plaza 4 in Chiang Mai. I showed them the scientific paper that no Covid transmission has occurred in swimming pools, but they don't care. At same time the guards a the elevator don't confront individuals getting on the elevators without masks.  What happens here may be well-deserved.   BTW, I do confront

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/13/2021 at 7:18 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Perhaps someone from the condo tested positive for Covid?

Happened here in Bangkok yesterday. JP sent out email late last night with a full breakdown his/her movemnents over the last 10 days. Each elevator use, each entry, which floor they live on, where they went to work etc. The person did not use the gym or pool but still the JP has closed the <deleted> pool (that 99/100 times I am the only person using - it's like a private pool for me ????). So they closed a pool that the infected person did not use for next 2 weeks but we are still allowed to use the elevator that the infected person travelled in daily. Nonsense! 

As an aside the letter noted that the infected person was being quarantined at home as all the hospital beds are full.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Happened here in Bangkok yesterday. JP sent out email late last night with a full breakdown his/her movemnents over the last 10 days. Each elevator use, each entry, which floor they live on, where they went to work etc. The person did not use the gym or pool but still the JP has closed the <deleted> pool (that 99/100 times I am the only person using - it's like a private pool for me ????). So they closed a pool that the infected person did not use for next 2 weeks but we are still allowed to use the elevator that the infected person travelled in daily. Nonsense! 

As an aside the letter noted that the infected person was being quarantined at home as all the hospital beds are full.

Further to this we got the official email about pool closure from Condo JP just after. I wrote back saying in that case they must close elevators/lift immediately for safety as infected person used them (he/she had not used pool). Surprisingly, condo manager emailed back and then called me to say I could book 1 hour exclusive use of pool each day. Very happy that sense has prevailed (for once).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Further to this we got the official email about pool closure from Condo JP just after. I wrote back saying in that case they must close elevators/lift immediately for safety as infected person used them (he/she had not used pool). Surprisingly, condo manager emailed back and then called me to say I could book 1 hour exclusive use of pool each day. Very happy that sense has prevailed (for once).

Corona hates the elevator and the lobby.......Closing them would just be crazy....We can't do that......But Corona loves the gym, sauna, and pool so they are fair game to be closed.....

• Haha 1

Chonburi-specific restrictions from the governor just announced and reported in Pattaya News. The following are to close:

Pools (says indoor and outdoor, they removed the word public, likely to avoid the regular conflict in prior lockdowns with condo owners), waterparks, amusement parks, stand-alone video game machines, kids areas in markets and malls.

On 4/17/2021 at 2:27 PM, Guderian said:

Chonburi-specific restrictions from the governor just announced and reported in Pattaya News. The following are to close:

Pools (says indoor and outdoor, they removed the word public, likely to avoid the regular conflict in prior lockdowns with condo owners), waterparks, amusement parks, stand-alone video game machines, kids areas in markets and malls.

I never see the Thais making a big stink about the condo pool being closed.....I have spoken to them a few times about the pool situation.....And they seem surprised that anyone would even question their frequent pool closers......

farang no good farang speak to much....lol 

25 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I never see the Thais making a big stink about the condo pool being closed.....I have spoken to them a few times about the pool situation.....And they seem surprised that anyone would even question their frequent pool closers......

farang no good farang speak to much....lol 

Maybe they don't pay the service charge, so are unfazed by it not being available.

Condo I'm renting in central Pattaya just closed the pool. The announcement (and the Chonburi ordinance from what I've read on the Internet) says "outdoor building waterparks". Since when ist a condominium swimming pool a waterpark? I dropped by at LK Empress and they said no closure of their swimming pool. I'm going to move there when my one-month rent ends in a couple of days. It will cost me double on a monthly basis but breakfast will be included, + daily cleaning instead of once a week. Most importantly, I don't want to let this opportunistic move go by without doing anything. I'll tell them here drop me a line when your pool reopens.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JackGats said:

I dropped by at LK Empress and they said no closure of their swimming pool.

Keep an eye on that.... I got an impression all Chonburi hotel pools will close if not already. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Keep an eye on that.... I got an impression all Chonburi hotel pools will close if not already. 

I just swam in the pool at LK Empress a couple hours ago. It's definitely open.

The pool at Unixx South Pattaya is definitely closed.

Yep - closed at my condo, but was swimming at a hotel pool this weekend.  No logic to closing pools in condos, where use is limited to the same people who use the lifts and common entrances,  but have hotel pools open where you can have a wide range of customers.

I have not read one shred of evidence suggesting it's easily spread at pools.  In fact, I think it's just the opposite with chlorinated pools.  So the only problem I can see if they don't chlorinate and even then I think the risk is quite low.  These arbitrary closure of things with no basis in science are getting quite annoying.  Like closing a beach.  All that does is make people stay inside or go somewhere else more confined where they are far more likely to catch it.  I think the beach is one of the best places to be.  Not just because it's easy to social distance but because sunlight is very effective at killing the virus.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately our pool is on top of the condo building, so you cant even break the rules even if you want to.....They fixed the elevator so you cant even go up there unless they let you......They take the whole thing very serious........Boy a ground floor pool would sure come in handy about now.....lol.....

Edited by redwood1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Unfortunately our pool is on top of the condo building, so you cant even break the rules even if you want to.....They fixed the elevator so you cant even go up there unless they let you......They take the whole thing very serious........Boy a ground floor pool would sure come in handy about now.....lol.....

Fire escape? But don't go getting locked up there.