Thailand reports 965 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I had read a few snippets on this before now it seems J&J vaccine is producing similar rare reactions as AZ with blood clots in women

US agencies recommend ‘pause’ in use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine over blood clot fears

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/us-agencies-recommend-pause-in-use-of-johnson-johnson-vaccine-over-blood-clot-fears/

The J&J news just blew up my mobile phone text alerts from places like the NYT and Wash Post for the morning in the U.S..... along with another one telling me the NYSE took an opening dive of 100 points on the J&J news...  Now down 143 points or about .4%....  J&J itself down about 2.25% at the moment on the news.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The J&J news just blew up my mobile phone text alerts from places like the NYT and Wash Post for the morning in the U.S..... along with another one telling me the NYSE took an opening dive of 100 points on the J&J news...  Now down 143 points or about .4%....  J&J itself down about 2.25% at the moment on the news.

Australia just rejected J&J for same reason.

Australia won’t buy Johnson & Johnson’s one-dose Covid vaccine due to AstraZeneca similarities | Vaccines and immunisation | The Guardian

Doctor on J&J vaccine: 'We’re talking about one in a million for these clots'

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/doctor-j-j-vaccine-talking-153913221.html

AND

"The FDA and CDC said in a joint statement that out of more than 6.8 million doses administered of the J&J vaccine, there were six reports, including one fatality, of a rare blood clot in the brain — known as cerebral venous sinus thrombosis.

"All six cases occurred among women between the ages of 18 and 48, and symptoms occurred 6 to 13 days after vaccination," according to the statement.

...the agencies will be providing an update in the coming days.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/vaccine-expert-us-wont-need-to-rely-on-jj-vaccine-144535844.html

Sounds so similar to the AZ debacle... literally, one in a million chance.

And if you're a guy... literally... nothing to fear, so the results would seem to suggest.

FWIW, a good portion of Europe is still ordering and using the AZ vaccine, although not all countries made that choice.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

At least Bitcoin has reached an all time high ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

Well! Well!, as we have said many times over the past year, in Thailand "No Test, No Have"

My wife was watching the Thai Ch7 new's the other day and it was reported that the hospitals were telling the government to STOP testing people because they were finding to many people had the virus and they had not enough beds.

As i said also before , it is not the lack of testing to keep it under the radar . There simply weren't a lot of cases , due to unknown reasons . Otherwise you do get rumors and stories around which do say you got the infections around , even without any testing at all . The setting up emergency hospitals , is a big clue , having hospitals full meaning its there , something you do not need to test . Also now i hear rumors starting , true or not , doesn't matter , since they all come from different places and different stories , all pointing at the same direction , there is a big outbreak going on . Why now and not before ? idk , like before , totally unknown factors , maybe well never know , maybe it's the different strain which people are vulnerable for , while before they were immune .

I received the J&J shot on Sunday, very limited reaction over the past 2 days. Minor fever and some aches. 

I also bought some JNJ stock today. Higher risk of clotting with covid then the one in a million chance after taking the J&J vaccine. Early news suggests the issues occurred in woman taking birth control. When you're learning on the fly, things are bound to come up.

5 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

I received the J&J shot on Sunday, very limited reaction over the past 2 days. Minor fever and some aches. 

I also bought some JNJ stock today. Higher risk of clotting with covid then the one in a million chance after taking the J&J vaccine. Early news suggests the issues occurred in woman taking birth control. When you're learning on the fly, things are bound to come up.

Women taking birth control have a 10 in 10,000 chance of getting the same type of rare blood clot.  This is one in a million.  So it all needs to be put into perspective.  Something I am sure the media and antivaxers will responsibly do.  ????

The question that needs answering is how many of 40m unvaccinated people had similar blood clots in the same time period.

As a follow up, how about the number of people who experienced similar blood clots before 2020. Tricky to blame covid vaccines for any in this category.

There seems to be a lot of mountain building out of molehills going on ...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My bitcoins doing ok it reached an all time high ????

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Flu and pneumonia are real killers. According to the latest WHO data published in 2018 Influenza and Pneumonia Deaths in Thailand reached 44,549 or 9.11% of total deaths.

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

That’s 3,712 deaths PER MONTH in Thailand.

In an entire YEAR there have been 97 deaths in Thailand attributed to Covid-19.

Just adding a little perspective to the ongoing debate.

that information is dynamite.  I talked to a Thai - they bluntly refuse to believe. I don't understand why nobody pays attention to it.  In the world and here in Thaivisa.

I didn't even expect the mainstream media or the governments or the vaccine business to take care.

But where are the investigative journalists all over the world? Are they all gone?

Life goes on regardless of where we are, what is occuring and how it may affect one.  We adapt, overcome and learn to roll with the punches, prior to Covid there was always something happening and everyday was a new normal where a new rule had to be adhered to or adapted to.  The only way to hide from the daily insanity that we call life is to buy and island and become self sufficient and rely only on our own means.  However, someone else will want what you have and try and take it.  Live everyday like it matters and put one foot in front of the other and enjoy what you have now, for tomorrow that could all change.  Life is fickle, but Governments and people are even more fickle.  Some could care less about infecting others and could care less about anyone but themselves.  Science changes daily in reviewing past case history and even then there are always those who see things differently, why do you thing people say "If you do not like the outcome the doctor gave you, go get a second or third opinion".  Be safe and take care of yourself and your family as they truly are the most important part of ones life.  I was just informed my moher has now tested positive for Covid in the US, and she was vaccinated with both doses of Moderna in January.  Hospitalized as she also has COPD and CHF, and now she is on a machine to help with her breathing.  Sucks.

20 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Johnson  & Johnson have halted the administration of its Covid injections due to fatalities relating blood clot anomalies.

Washington post

Yes but to put it in perspective the chances of being struck by lightning are 1 in half a million for most of us. 

https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/lightning/victimdata.html

That said there should obviously be considerations and risk assessments carried on those who are more likely to develop blood clots after taking J$J or AZ

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, mrfill said:

The question that needs answering is how many of 40m unvaccinated people had similar blood clots in the same time period.

As a follow up, how about the number of people who experienced similar blood clots before 2020. Tricky to blame covid vaccines for any in this category.

There seems to be a lot of mountain building out of molehills going on ...

Saying one out of a million is a big deal does seem like making mountains out of mole hills when you are twice as likely to be hit by lightning.

Edited by shdmn