Are all valid visa and re-entry permit holders allowed back into Thailand now?

The reason I am asking this is because I have an old grandfathered visa type that is never mentioned on official lists... the 3 million baht investment visa.

I am currently in Bangkok, but would like to return to the US in the near future to visit family and get the Covid vaccine (my State is opening up vaccinations to anybody of any age over 16 next week). However, whenever I look at the official list of visa types that are allowed to re-enter the country now, my visa type is never listed because it's basically an obsolete type that nobody cares about anymore. I'm not even sure that there is a letter type assigned to this visa. My extensions are just stamped with "Invest 3 million baht" in Thai language. This visa type is basically the same as a marriage visa or retirement visa in that I get one year extensions and wait in the same queue at immigration as these other types. The investment visa has been very good because immigration has never asked me a single question in almost 20 years of renewals, nor are there any bank account or other rules that I have to comply with. Just show the original deed to my condo, sign a bunch of papers, and I get my one year extension in about 15 minutes.

Of course, I realize that I will have to follow all of the current re-entry rules... Covid test, COE, medical insurance, quarantine hotel, blah, blah, blah.

My fear is that when I go to apply for the COE, my visa type is not going to be listed on the application, so I'll be stuck returning on a tourist visa and having my investment visa cancelled.

JGA

It is here on this embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/09/12/typebspecial/

It should of also included the extension for 10 million baht investment since it yours are both in the same clause of the immigration order for extensions.

You just need a re-entry permit for a valid extension of stay.

I assume it would be this on the certificate of entry (COE) website. 

image.png.123070a3dd213f179e577b9c159a12d9.png  Not exactly the correct wording on it but you could submit the COE to the embassy and I am sure it would be accepted after you uploaded a copy for your extension and re-entry permit.

See: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

• Like 1

Thanks for the pointer to the Thai embassy in Washington DC. That's what I was looking for.

It appears that as long as you have a valid visa/re-entry stamp before leaving Thailand and they are still valid when you want to return, then you are good to go as far as applying for a COE.

JGA