Couple to face legal action for not disclosing their COVID infections

webfact

898989.jpg

Health officials have recommended that the disease control committee of the southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat consider taking legal action against a couple, who allegedly concealed the facts about their possible COVID-19 infection in a way which put other people at risk.

The couple flew separately from Bangkok to Nakhon Si Thammarat by Thai Lion Air on April 11th.

The 26-year old man, a native of Nakhon Si Thammarat, was informed by a close friend, with whom he had dinner on April 3rd, about his friend’s infection on the morning of April 11th, but he boarded the flight anyway. On arrival at his home in Muang district by a taxi, however, he immediately went to the Maharaj Hospital for a COVID-19 test, which confirmed he was infected, and he was admitted to the hospi

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/couple-to-face-legal-action-for-not-disclosing-their-covid-infections/

Logo-top-.png

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No need to single out the US, when left unchecked the majority of the world’s population proves itself irresponsible under such circumstances. 

The difference between this Thai guy and the citizens of many other countries is that this guy actually had a test whereas many others would just have carried on until symptoms presented (if they presented at all).

Which begs the question, anyone in Thailand getting sick yet ??? 

In the UK 50% of the population have had their first vaccine dose, it won’t be long before most of the UK population will have been fully vaccinated.

So what happens when we are still testing 3000 new Covid-19 cases per day but everyone is vaccinated?

We will need a new new ‘metric’ by which to evaluate cases, because the numbers of positive cases will useless when (if) everyone is vaccinated & thus asymptomatic. 

Hospital admissions ‘because of’ (not ‘with’) Covid-19 is the only metric I see fit for this. i.e. cases cytokine release syndrome (cytokine storm). 

Yeah.  Crazy times.  Evolving and changing on an almost daily basis.  Makes your head spin.

No easy answers either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Health officials have recommended that the disease control committee of the southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat consider taking legal action against a couple, who allegedly concealed the facts about their possible COVID-19 infection in a way which put other people at risk.

And what will happen about a certain high ranking minister who withheld information regarding his timeline?????

[rhetorical question]

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

I think there should be a hotline number for people who think they might have covid 19 as what to do next.

I thought that was already rather obvious.... go get a check?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I thought that was already rather obvious.... go get a check?

It is not as simple as that, when you live in a small town like I do you may be waiting hours to see a doctor and infecting other people. Nothing is obvious with this virus.

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

It is not as simple as that, when you live in a small town like I do you may be waiting hours to see a doctor and infecting other people. Nothing is obvious with this virus.

If you're in a small town/village go knock on the headmans door.. knock once cough twice... ask him what to do next.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

So funny ! What's clear is that Thailand was lucky with its low level infections last year ..it had restrictions which people adhered to. Now that's gone no more will folk accept that .. and because it had no effective vaccine programme and never planned  it's screwed .. no surprise to those of you who know Thais. Planning and preparing for what to do next isn't a trait they are known for !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No need to single out the US, when left unchecked the majority of the world’s population proves itself irresponsible under such circumstances. 

The difference between this Thai guy and the citizens of many other countries is that this guy actually had a test whereas many others would just have carried on until symptoms presented (if they presented at all).

Which begs the question, anyone in Thailand getting sick yet ??? 

In the UK 50% of the population have had their first vaccine dose, it won’t be long before most of the UK population will have been fully vaccinated.

So what happens when we are still testing 3000 new Covid-19 cases per day but everyone is vaccinated?

We will need a new new ‘metric’ by which to evaluate cases, because the numbers of positive cases will useless when (if) everyone is vaccinated & thus asymptomatic. 

Hospital admissions ‘because of’ (not ‘with’) Covid-19 is the only metric I see fit for this. i.e. cases cytokine release syndrome (cytokine storm). 

Immunity lasts, reportedly, 6 months. What happens at the end of a year when all the vaccinated peoples' immunity vanishes min a puff of smoke? Is herd immunity lost at that point, or has coronavirus died out in a. years' time? Or does the entire population of each country need vaccinating every 6 months?

5 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Immunity lasts, reportedly, 6 months. What happens at the end of a year when all the vaccinated peoples' immunity vanishes min a puff of smoke? Is herd immunity lost at that point, or has coronavirus died out in a. years' time? Or does the entire population of each country need vaccinating every 6 months?

Might end up being like the flu.  You need a new jab every year.

On 4/14/2021 at 9:07 AM, vandeventer said:

Do you know where your nearest Government hospital is?

There's an article in the Post about 100+ medical staff were forced into quarantine because patients didn't disclose they were in close contact with CV19 infected people.  Insane.  They should be fined.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 6:59 AM, vandeventer said:

I think there should be a hotline number for people who think they might have covid 19 as what to do next.

There IS a hotline number, it's shown in the corner of the disease control graphics, call 1422

prevent.thumb.jpg.59ab2c6bad8c0dc4b0772a021dc7e8fd.jpg

• Like 2