Members experiences with declining libido. Best solutions.

sidjameson

I'm in my early 50s. Physically healthy, exercise, eat healthy, don't smoke, very moderate drinker.

Yet I would say my libido has decreased around 70% or even 80% since my peak. Explicitly I ejaculate 75% less in a week than I once did. This has been a slow continual trend. Almost a smooth line downwards from mid twenties to now.

I don't lose erections. I just have much less in the tank so to speak.

One other thing. These days the nerve endings just don't seem to work so well. That's everywhere really. I used to feel more pleasure down below. But also boiling water can splash on my hand while cooking and I barely notice it. I once would scream like a baby. Lol 

If other members have been thru the same and have found some way to turn back time I'd love to know.

Personal experience with any herbal supplements?

Anyone older experienced this and has seen it plateau on a bottom? I worry that if I extrapolate into the future I will be a desert by the time I am 60!

Edited by sidjameson

14 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

having a good dump is better at 70

It is possible to do both...

OP: Take your time.. Use your mind.. concentrate before on the future pleasures and be very mindful and in the moment when it is happening... relax - don't worry... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne

TRT* has  - at least - two major  drawbacks. Excess  testosterone is converted to  estrogen by the aromatase enzyme. It interferes  with the HPTA** function. In short, one can experience impotence; growing boobs; mood swings; shrunken testes; minimal semen production; and loss of sex drive.

Consequently; one needs to take  anti aromatase medicine, and medicines to maintain HPTA function. (Those medicines can cause many of  the aforementioned side effects) Not to mention frequent blood tests. So, I would only start TRT under a knowledgeable doctor's supervision.

Much of our testosterone bound to the SHBG. Thus, if one can unbind it, then one  may have found a solution for  the low libido problem.  Boron*** frees bound testosterone.

"It’s well established that this binding globulin attaches to testosterone, inactivates it, and ultimately prevents us from reaping the benefits. It is a regulator. By supplementing with boron, we are regulating the regulator.

Here’s how it works -

1. Boron decreases SHBG.
  2. SHBG binds to the dominant hormones.
  3. Testosterone is the dominant male hormone.
  4. Less SHBG = More testosterone.

So, does it work like an anabolic steroid?

No."

(It is available on Lazada, et al.)

Proviron**** (Mesterolone) "Proviron is used to replace testosterone in men with hypogonadism. Male hypogonadism is a condition when the body does not produce enough testosterone." It does not convert to estrogen. Neither does it interfere with the HPTA. Many guys take 50mg per day without experiencing negative side effects. (It is available at certain pharmacies. 50 25mg tabs for 500 -650 baht.)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjcya31rvzvAhWiILcAHf9ZD7UQFjAEegQIChAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.healthline.com%2Fhealth%2Ftrt&usg=AOvVaw3dZ9T1htSvmNlY8w4bk6uT

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjp8-iftPzvAhWZyzgGHS8ZCG8QFjALegQIBhAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FHypothalamic%E2%80%93pituitary%E2%80%93gonadal_axis&usg=AOvVaw1_bLQVYKDhSqexIsluCysX

https://androgenhacker.com/boron-testosterone

https://www.nps.org.au/medicine-finder/proviron-tablets#side-effects

Edited by rcuthbert
Grammar
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

I think it's just nature's way of stopping old men from fathering children that they won't be around long enough to look after.

But if its really bothering you, you could go to pattaya and get some black ants from the vendors that visit the ex pat bars.

The Black Ants!!!! Ive heard of such legend...I even had a odd lady walk up me in Laos and tried to sell me some as I was eating on street..

At the time I said I dont need that yet.........hindsight is 20-20......whats the deal with that stuff?

giphy.gif

I just had a test for my enlarged prostate--man they went down in with a camera right into the ole frank n furter!

I didnt even notice the nurse chatting me up as she shot some gel down there and clamped my "long fellow"--wait..what?!

Then the doc plunged that thing in and im face to face with my bladder and prostate..mono v mono...my mortal enemy!

So its meds(not much help)..stents(temp fix) or a reduction-scaling-laser zap...but he tells me my sex life is pretty much over...sigh

Anybody been thru this as its kinda related and im kinda in the same boat...is like the last remaining source of joy during this past year..

Oh the Huge Manatee!!! (humanity)......maybe this is why some of the thai gals like the grandpas...a pension and no boom boom for teerak!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

The Black Ants!!!! Ive heard of such legend...I even had a odd lady walk up me in Laos and tried to sell me some as I was eating on street..

Guess the poster referred to some magic "black ant king" pills(?) offered at roadside or shady pharmacies?

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

At the time I said I dont need that yet.........hindsight is 20-20......whats the deal with that stuff?

giphy.gif

i took black ants / sidegra for a couple years, just did it because everyone else was, totally unnecessary for me, glad i stopped, side effects aren't great

51 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

All of my mates in their 70s tell me that they have sex every day. They are either a very special group or a bunch of liars.

On another forum someone did a survey and 50% had hand or oral not full sex, so the every day thing is probably an exaggeration

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I am older than the OP.  Yes, libido does reduce as you get older. You can help that situation using the list provided by Polaky above, but it is a natural process I'm afraid.   Treating a natural aging process by injecting testosterone is dangerous and unnecessary. It can lead to all kinds of nasty side effects. As to how to naturally deal with it, well a new hot girl always helps (the well known to biologists phenomena of 'the novel rat') ,  but if, as I am, you are married, just live with it and enjoy the times that it does all work out as it did when you were 30 years younger.  Those times are worth a King's ransom. 

There's a long term member on here who has well documented his experimentation with regular, well managed testosterone injections. He seems to be having a lot of success with it....using it for weight lifting/fitness purposes. I'm thinking of doing the same. I think the side effects listed above are probably a bit of pub talk and coming from the black market weightlifting scene where there's little or no regulation of its use.     

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Inala said:

There's a long term member on here who has well documented his experimentation with regular, well managed testosterone injections. He seems to be having a lot of success with it....using it for weight lifting/fitness purposes. I'm thinking of doing the same. I think the side effects listed above are probably a bit of pub talk and coming from the black market weightlifting scene where there's little or no regulation of its use.     

Good luck, you may well need it

• Haha 2

Sid... look up "Trimix" on the internet.  They only have "BiMix" in Thailand which works but not as well.  If you want to discuss it with me my Line ID is timd2019... too much to type on here concerning my experiences.  Tim

13 hours ago, sidjameson said:

Anyone older experienced this and has seen it plateau on a bottom? I worry that if I extrapolate into the future I will be a desert by the time I am 60!

Don't stress and enjoy what you can do.

As the saying goes: It takes you all night to do what you used to do all night" .

• Like 2