Members experiences with declining libido. Best solutions.

sidjameson

On 4/14/2021 at 5:16 PM, madmen said:

Bueta superba. It's made here in Thailand and some chemist's stock it , can't speak highly enough 

It's a herbal supplement but open the bottle and the pungent odor let's you know it's good <deleted>. 

And Tongkat Ali.  Look it up.  Used to grow throughout SE Asia but is pretty much an Indonesian plant nowadays. 

On 4/14/2021 at 9:20 PM, NancyL said:

Has anyone noticed that the OP stated that his nerve endings don't seem to be as sensitive as they once were?  That he used to "scream like a baby" if boiling water accidently splashed on him.  (My 73 year old Hubby still does that!)  Sounds like he needs a good general health screening, especially for diabetes, including an A1C test which will show blood glucose history over several months.  I wonder if he's suffering from neuropathy.  

Nice catch.  You've got a point there.

On 4/14/2021 at 9:50 AM, Pilotman said:

and watch prostate cancer kill you instead. 

Hasn't killed me yet and I've been on it 16 years.  You sound like my rubbish GP in the UK who said the same thing to me and refused the shots, but only gave me 2 years if I had them elsewhere. 

He was a complete pillock at the best of times and about as useful as a chocolate teapot.   Glad to be rid of him.

Edited by Mister Fixit
  • Like 2

On 4/14/2021 at 9:52 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I just had a test for my enlarged prostate--man they went down in with a camera right into the ole frank n furter!

I didnt even notice the nurse chatting me up as she shot some gel down there and clamped my "long fellow"--wait..what?!

Then the doc plunged that thing in and im face to face with my bladder and prostate..mono v mono...my mortal enemy!

So its meds(not much help)..stents(temp fix) or a reduction-scaling-laser zap...but he tells me my sex life is pretty much over...sigh

Anybody been thru this as its kinda related and im kinda in the same boat...is like the last remaining source of joy during this past year..

Oh the Huge Manatee!!! (humanity)......maybe this is why some of the thai gals like the grandpas...a pension and no boom boom for teerak!

I didn't have any of the silliness with the camera.

Walked into the emergency dept of the local government hospital, "I can't wee"

Doctor said, 'you've got BPH', all they gave me was a PSA test to see if it was likely to be cancer (it wasn't)

Catheter shoved up for a month and a bag of pills, until I could wee again.

Been taking the pills for 2 years now, doesn't seem to have got any worse, after the initial recovery.

Costs about 100bht/month in all. 

Sex life same as it was before the illness, 2-3x a week.

Don't understand why your sex life would be over?

Edited by BritManToo

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I didn't have any of the silliness with the camera.

Walked into the emergency dept of the local government hospital, "I can't wee"

Doctor said, 'you've got BPH', all they gave me was a PSA test to see if it was likely to be cancer (it wasn't)

Catheter shoved up for a month and a bag of pills, until I could wee again.

Been taking the pills for 2 years now, doesn't seem to have got any worse, after the initial recovery.

Costs about 100bht/month in all. 

Sex life same as it was before the illness, 2-3x a week.

Don't understand why your sex life would be over?

Is what the doc told me if i chose to have laser surgery.....seems confirmed with google search too...what meds are you taking to keep the "status quo"?

Just now, bobbin said:

I'm surprised that finasteride has not affected your active sex life...for the worse.

No side effects from either drug that I can detect over the past two years.

Felt a bit dizzy when I jumped up out of bed late in the night a couple of times, but gone after a few seconds.

8 hours ago, Mister Fixit said:

I think the weird sensations the OP has could be a sign of vitamin B12 deficiency, especially if he has a sore tongue.

Might be worth a blood test.  

Cheaper to buy a box of B12 ampules (฿100 for 10 ampules) a syringe and a 25 or 24 gauge needle (higher number is smaller and hurts less).  Search online regarding how to give yourself a B12 shot safely. 

19 hours ago, connda said:

Cheaper to buy a box of B12 ampules (฿100 for 10 ampules) a syringe and a 25 or 24 gauge needle (higher number is smaller and hurts less).  Search online regarding how to give yourself a B12 shot safely. 

I don't think I'd want to be doing that without a full test first.

And I buy the box of 10 you mentioned for the price you mentioned and then go to my local clinic where the nice lady doctor charges me a whole 80 baht to give me a shot, including cost of syringe .