Alcohol banned in restaurants as Hua Hin aims to limit COVID-19 surge

webfact

noalc.jpg.6892afac0cd5c23f9e4b180f7f6be440.jpg

Thaivisa file photo for reference only

The governor of Prachuap Khiri Khan on Tuesday announced new measures aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19.

The province, and particularly Hua Hin, has seen a surge in COVID-19 cases, the majority of which are  linked to a cluster from the Maya Pub on Phetkasem Road.

While restaurants are allowed to open, alcohol can no longer be served and tables must be kept at least 1 meter apart with no more than 2 people per table.

Other establishments ordered to close include:

Cock/fish fighting venues

All entertainment venues - bars, pubs and karaoke

Water parks, amusement parks, swimming pools

Children's playgrounds, including those in shopping malls

Pool/snooker venues

Internet cafes/Gaming shops

Boxing/Muay Thai venues or similar

Soapy massage venues

Movie theaters

Spas with steam/facial massage

Gyms/fitness centres/boxing camps

Medical facilities offering traditional Thai massage can remain open.

Traditional weddings, funerals or monk ordinations are allowed but social distancing measures must be in place.

Any event that has more than 50 attendees must seek permission from local authorities.

Public must follow  DMHTT precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19: 

D – Distancing, 

M – Mask wearing, 

H – Handwashing, 

T – Temperature check, 

T – Thai Chana contact tracing application.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-14

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Cheapskates, its 20,000 in Phuket

Maybe more falang visitors in Phuket to get money from

They have to find away of paying for all these free tests

Edited by offset
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

wait, what?!

they have soapies in Hua Hin?

err.. anyone know where ????

for research purposes you understand..

You need to contact NCC............He has all relevant phone numbers, emails, shoe sizes, etc............

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, offset said:

So how are you going to make sure it only 1 beer or wine

I see many bars that now sell food (they buy from the local restaurant) that not sell before with the same customers sitting the all night do you think they only have 1 beer

1. I'm pretty sure when taking an order the waitress can take an order for ONE drink each with it.

2. Set a time of say 45 minutes per person/family - can write a time to leave by on the order ticket they give you.

It's not brain surgery 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

1. I'm pretty sure when taking an order the waitress can take an order for ONE drink each with it.

2. Set a time of say 45 minutes per person/family - can write a time to leave by on the order ticket they give you.

It's not brain surgery 

You really think they would do that in a country where money is king they are only open for one thing money and they will not turn it away

last drink ban i see 1 restaurant using tea pots and cups on the table selling beer and know this for a fact because i used this restaurant till i see that happening

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Ahhh but does this "deadly" virus know this

Will he only attack people who drink only, while ignoring those who have a meal and a glass of wine ?

Such an amazing virus 

No it does not know the difference but it affects the people that go for a meal and respect the rules 

Most people that go for a meal only use 1 restaurant a night but many that drink will go to a few bars or restaurants' in the same night so helping the spread of this virus

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Lunacy. Serving 1 beer or glass of wine with a meal is unlikely to improve your chances of catching covid as if you had a coke.

No, the lunacy is that they are allowed to stay open at all, COVID doesn't care if you are having a meal or not.  The fact of the matter is that when they shut the pubs and bars the 'restaurants' took over their trade and continued serving alcohol, without serving food.  They took the p*ss and now they are being stopped from doing so and about time too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

wait, what?!

they have soapies in Hua Hin?

err.. anyone know where ????

for research purposes you understand..

Yes, but I'm not telling you and in any case they are shut at the moment. 555

46 minutes ago, offset said:

You really think they would do that in a country where money is king they are only open for one thing money and they will not turn it away

last drink ban i see 1 restaurant using tea pots and cups on the table selling beer and know this for a fact because i used this restaurant till i see that happening

I know of at least one that did that as well and is again doing so today.  Must be paying the MiB handsomely.

5 minutes ago, mikosan said:

I know of at least one that did that as well and is again doing so today.  Must be paying the MiB handsomely.

They will pay the fine as well. If they catch you once they will keep an eye on you in the future.

2 hours ago, mikosan said:

No, the lunacy is that they are allowed to stay open at all, COVID doesn't care if you are having a meal or not.  The fact of the matter is that when they shut the pubs and bars the 'restaurants' took over their trade and continued serving alcohol, without serving food.  They took the p*ss and now they are being stopped from doing so and about time too.

so you say all bars and restaurants should close ?

are you saying you have more chance of catching this "deadly" virus in a bar or restaurant than say a market or other crowded places ? 

Should we close everything down then.? 

Look at any market, see how many people are crowded together , many without masks and no social distancing , yet they stay open

Or does this magic virus only attack people who are in bars drinking ?

Such fear and scaremongering for what is a minute number of deaths and ICU admissions. 

You've more chance of dying crossing the road than with covid

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

yeah I totally get this ban. I mean what's more contagion-spreading than a drunken falang swaying and leaning all over the place in a bar or restaurants wanting to be your new best mate lol ????????????????????????????  

This latest ban (along with what still seems strange dry days throughout the Thai calendar (excluding of course Buddha-related days) is why I have accumulated a wine cellar and a nice variety of beer (by the gross lol ????) in my garage/cellar so I could face 6 months of total lockdown/coup or whatever and not run dry ???? I quite liked searching out and ordering wines from all over and buying a bottle here and there on my travels. 

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Lunacy. Serving 1 beer or glass of wine with a meal is unlikely to improve your chances of catching covid as if you had a coke.

as per the last time, you can get a drink, no problem

where i was this evening, they were openly serving beer

but if they clamp down, it will be in the plastic mug

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The clue in my post was 1 beer or wine with a meal

There is an establishment near me that purports to be  a restaurant... closed all day, opens at 7pm

sells very minimal food but lashings of beer/whisky... live band on a stage kicks off at 8pm til late.

no food served after 9pm.

Now do you understand.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Joinaman said:

so you say all bars and restaurants should close ?

are you saying you have more chance of catching this "deadly" virus in a bar or restaurant than say a market or other crowded places ? 

Should we close everything down then.? 

Look at any market, see how many people are crowded together , many without masks and no social distancing , yet they stay open

Or does this magic virus only attack people who are in bars drinking ?

Such fear and scaremongering for what is a minute number of deaths and ICU admissions. 

You've more chance of dying crossing the road than with covid

In bars and restaurants people don't wear masks.  I don't know where you go shopping, but in every market, shop, shopping centre etc. that I go to, EVERYONE is wearing a mask.

And as for the dangers of crossing the road we all know about that and also the lunacy of riding a motorcycle whilst wearing a mask but no helmet.

But actually, the real point I was trying to make, is why do bars have to shut when restaurants are allowed to sell alcohol as if they were bars?  Fine to sit and have a beer or a glass of wine with a meal, but that is not what was happening, as you would know if you bothered to look.

Anyway, the Governor of Pratchuabkhirikhan has solved that problem by banning the sale of alcohol in restaurants and good on him, because, as I said before, many restaurants were simply taking the p*ss.  Now we have a level playing field.

I wonder how many bars that were masquerading as restaurants are now bothering to open?  I've noticed that many are now closed, as they should be, if the other bars are forced to close.