Travel from Australia to Phuket.

Hi there, I have not seen my partner and son since last February due to Covid.

I'm living in Perth, Australia. 

The process and what is involved, how much money, will I get back in etc seems a little confusing or rather I can't find the information.

Has anybody made a similar round trip of any kind and would the governments consider this a valid reason.

My son was 11 months and is now 2 years without me seeing him. It's getting pretty long and with the health minister in Australia saying even if everyone was vaccinated, the borders won't open, it's getting difficult to wait so long.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

How long do you plan on staying?

You will need to stay in a ASQ hotel for a 10 day quarantine or 7 days if vaccinated for covid 19.

You will need $100,000 of covid 19 insurance for the length of stay allowed when you enter the country.

Info for what is required to apply for a certificate of entry is here on the Thai embassy website,

https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/checklist-of-required-document-list-for-thai-and-non-thai-nationals-permitted-to-enter-thailand/

I am not sure you will be able to travel directly to Phuket at this time. You may have to do the quarantine in Bangkok before traveling to Phuket.

• Thanks 1

fly from oz via Singapore on ONE ticket to Phuket and quarantine in Phuket

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/travel-info/transit-through-singapore/

Please note that Singapore has unilaterally lifted border restrictions with Australia

ASQ hotels an info:
https://thaiest.com/blog/phuket-alternative-local-state-quarantine-alsq-hotels

Edited by zzzzz
  • Thanks 1

Singapore Airlines' website is still showing flights to Phuket on Thursdays and Sundays in May. For the rest of April they are only flying on Sundays. Those dates with a $ (which is the one-way fare from Singapore) are the days they are flying to/from Phuket.

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 8.49.29 AM.png

Due to the failed COVID vaccine roll-out, reports in Oz are predicting International travel for Australians won't happen until 2024.

International travel for Australians will not resume until 2024, economic report reveals (timeout.com)

Even if the Govt give permission on compassionate grounds to leave OZ earlier there is always the problem of returning back to Oz.

Evidently there is still 40k Australians still waiting to return home but cannot because of quarantine limits.

Also the situation with COVID currently in Thailand may exacerbate the  issue.

I was planning on an October return to Thailand with a possible "travel bubble" but I may now have to put that on the back burner. ????

Edited by LosLobo

There have been 100k exits since last may. They are the letting ozzies out if you tick the gone more than three months box, that's it. I don't have the link but I read it in article summarizing reasons for leaving and tips to get out 

Getting back won't be easy. If you wait for an Ozzie vac it may be easier to get back but that just a guess 

3 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

every sunday there and back

But are they really flying those flights. I looked at a Phuket airport website and all the flights arriving and departing were to or from Bangkok.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

But are they really flying those flights. I looked at a Phuket airport website and all the flights arriving and departing were to or from Bangkok.

These Sunday flights are flying.  The Thursday ones last flew on 25th March and will resume in May as mentioned above.  They took over in March from two SilkAir ones that flew throughout February.

There are other domestic routes operating from Phuket as well as flights to Bangkok.

Chin up mate, lot of us in the same boat atm unfortunately....

I am banking on getting vax here in AUS next few months, and hoping fed govt push on with this plan for vaccinated returnees from OS being able to home quarantine which negates this scam of the hotel waiting list.

Either that, or hopefully they get this Singapore travel bubble away in few months also so 2wks there on way home then straight home, probably a test on arrival then self isolate until neg result.

So many simple common sense solutions, but between paranoid politicians and power hungry medical administrators, they are milking this for every drop

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 5:27 PM, dennnis said:

How can be that constitutional?  You don't have supreme court down there? 

They have a war cabinet basically Dennis,  Federal and State together,  it's run on a war footing principal , they can do what they like and say what they like, they are talking about 2022 for international travel and some bubbles like Singapore and NZ.