Timing my COVID RT-PCR test “within 72 hours before departure”?

To travel to Thailand, I need:  “Printed Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected. The COVID test must be by the RT-PCR method, within 72 hours before departure.”

Any advice on how to time this? I worry that the test results might not be available before my flight leaves (which is just after midnight). How strict is “within 72 hours?” Can I give myself an extra day to just be sure results are back from the lab in time?

PCR Test: The average turnaround time for PCR (Nasal Swab) lab results is currently 5-7 days, but can take longer depending on lab partner and other factors.

Thanks.

Edited by JourdanA

Go to 2 labs and pray one gets results back in time.

It's 72 hours from the time your issued the results

Not 72 hours from the time the test was given.

As it often takes 2 to 4 days to get the results unless you're paying around $300 to a private clinic who can produce them in 2 hours (this is going by NYC rates and timeframes where Covid testing is free).

t's 72 hours from the time your issued the results

Not 72 hours from the time the test was given.

It depends on the specific you are flying with.  The one flew with from LAX to BKK looked at part B.  AT check-in I was in no position to argue with an airline employee.  

A comment about a members grammar has been removed. 

Forum rule.

"3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette."

"It depends on the specific you are flying with.  The one flew with from LAX to BKK looked at part B.  AT check-in I was in no position to argue with an airline employee. 

Made some errors on this post.  It should have been written like this:

It depends on the specific airline you are flying with.   The one i flew with from LAX to BKK looked at part B(the date and time when the RT-PCR test sample was taken).  AT Check-In I was in no position to argue with an airline employee.  Apologies for the grammar and content error.   

Just arrived  stopped in at san Francisco

Booked 3 test for Tuesday all within 2 hours. Walgreens cvs city health got. Results 24 hours later All 3 and no charge all show the rt pcr and results timing

When booking online entering name no option for middle name But check in at korean Air almost denied boarding because name  didn't match passport which includes middle name ,<deleted> right! so add middle name to first name on line 1 if flying korean!! these fool's make up there own rules ! when arrived they only check for negative  results not middle name!!