Thailand reports 1,335 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

5 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

getting way too close for comfort for me. i now know multiple people who either have it, are in isolation or sick and awaiting results. multiple positive kids at my son's school as well (hua hin)

this outbreak is much bigger than before

local hospitals are either refusing to test or trying to get people to pay with many refusing to do so. no beds anyway. one of the kids from school sent home positive and whole family been sick for days.

i suppose at least they are at home, which is good for them but its obvious the system is creaking already with only a few hundred cases.

Can you say what school

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

getting way too close for comfort for me. i now know multiple people who either have it, are in isolation or sick and awaiting results. multiple positive kids at my son's school as well (hua hin)

this outbreak is much bigger than before

local hospitals are either refusing to test or trying to get people to pay with many refusing to do so. no beds anyway. one of the kids from school sent home positive and whole family been sick for days.

i suppose at least they are at home, which is good for them but its obvious the system is creaking already with only a few hundred cases.

Which school is that? My children go to a school in Hua Hin too.

8 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

i'd rather not as i'm in the community there but the dad's been posting about it openly on hua hin expats facebook page if that helps

Just wondering if it's Beaconhouse? The mum of a boy in my son's class was at Maya Club the same night as the woman who came down from Thong Lor. The mum tested positive but the boy was still at school for a whole week before she knew. Boy was in P6. 

Fortunately my kids left straight after the exams to join me in Saudi, but not good for those kids and their families who were there in that week between infection and diagnosis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 20+ pages of slides for today's COVID news briefing presented by the Thai Ministry of Public Health.  No English language briefing today because of the Song Kran holidays.

Screenshot_48.jpg.f9d8932db28714aafad0cc5dc2a6577f.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/305817347703263

And the latest chart showing the progression of new COVID cases reported each day thus far since April 2:

04-14-21d.thumb.jpg.e3f3aebbf3d2a0601112316ff2346935.jpg

12 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

going to be a lot of people with lost jobs/docked wages when they try returning to bangkok

Not thinking this through are you.  Many companies as well as the government have announced they will be moving back to allowing workers to work from home.  Not sure about the factory workers.  Sounds also like schools may be taking a hit and going back to online studying as well.  Hope for the best but prepare for the worst and always have a contingent plan is my motto.  We have been schooling the GF's daughter at home since the term ended at the end of March, even on our holiday in Chiang Mai.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

Just wondering if it's Beaconhouse? The mum of a boy in my son's class was at Maya Club the same night as the woman who came down from Thong Lor. The mum tested positive but the boy was still at school for a whole week before she knew. Boy was in P6. 

Fortunately my kids left straight after the exams to join me in Saudi, but not good for those kids and their families who were there in that week between infection and diagnosis.

yeah, i pm'd you the group discussion details from FB.

• Like 1

252 police officers infected so far, over 1,500 others in quarantine

"As many as 252 police officers have been infected with Covid-19 so far, Royal Thai Police deputy spokesperson Pol Colonel Sirikul Kritphittayaboon confirmed on Wednesday.

“Nationwide, 177 police officers have been hospitalised after contracting the virus, while 75 have been discharged,” she said.

“The bureaus that reported the most infections were the Metropolitan Police (71 officers), followed by Region 5 Provincial Police (23) and Central Investigation (20).”

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404884

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1