Thailand reports 1,335 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

Not sustainable and not the right approach, likely why they are not mass testing apart from not having the resources to do so and not wanting the true spread of infection revealed. 

- they will soon run out of places to put people especially those that are not sick

- they will soon need these resources for people that are sick

- many people don't want to be tested because they will be detained if positive

conclusion - idiotic beyond belief 

I do agree with you on this @smedly, however, they will make more tent city field hospitals I fear instead of allowing folks to self isolate in their homes or condos.  My condo has already had a tenant with covid be removed and hospitalized and now the entire condo units common areas including pool and gym are off limits.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Sometimes I test my limits but in LOS they seem to limit their tests.

I showed wifey the graph.  She said the testers were probably upcountry and the numbers would increase a lot soon.  Guess what??  She was right. LOL

• Haha 1

Eight provinces under spotlight for rising Covid cases

"Eight provinces have been named hotspots because their number of recent cases in the third wave has exceeded 100, Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Disease Control Department, said on Wednesday.

Bangkok has the highest number of cases in the third wave at 1,687, with 64 per cent linked to entertainment venues, followed by:

--880 patients and 52 per cent from nightspots in Chiang Mai,

--594 and 48 per cent in Chonburi,

--416 and 49 per cent in Samut Prakan,

--304 patients but zero from entertainment venues in Narathiwat,

--265 and 74 per cent in Prachuap Khiri Khan,

--116 and 16 per cent in Samut Sakhon and 124 and 40 per cent in Pathum Thani."

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404886

Screenshot_49.jpg.70eddaa5ffce9ea7abedf41e1cb10ad3.jpg

"Vendors and residents around Khaosan Road line up to take a swab test for coronavirus today. The famed walking street is identified as one of the hotspots in the ongoing outbreak after an infected partygoer visited Brick Bar on April 2-3."

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/posts/4228927517126148

Covid tests replace wet T-shirts on Khaosan Road this Songkran

"The usual crowds of young adults soaked to the skin have been replaced by the sombre sight of local staff queuing for Covid-19 tests on Khaosan Road this Songkran holiday.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration said that around 700-800 local workers had registered for free tests at mobile units parked along the street, which is famous for its foreign backpackers and lively nightlife.

Covid-19 has hit Thailand hard, especially in tourism hotspots like Khaosan Road, which has been almost deserted for more than a year.During Songkran, nightspots along the 410-metre road were ordered to close to prevent disease spreading after Thailand’s third wave of Covid-19 emerged in late March."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not long before contact tracing is overwhelmed and its in pure containment mode

Pretty sure they are getting close to containment mode, and that will end up happening as soon as the Songkran revelers return home. Then it will be a massive testing event, that's if they decide to test instead of slowly decreasing the tests.

• Like 2

The Security guards at my condo are now checking residents temperatures before walking through the main entrance...  
I wonder what they'd do if i'm above a certain temperature.. 
Not allow me to enter my own apartment? 
send me straight to a hospital? ????

Edited by Kaopad999

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not long before contact tracing is overwhelmed and its in pure containment mode

Should've been in containment mode the second this wave started, and ESPECIALLY once it was determined to be the UK variant

Unfortunately there's no way to unring that bell, and this is here for good.  Even if the major cities are shut down, now that it's going to spread through the villages (which won't be shut down), it's going to be a perpetual series of lockdown > reopen > someone brings it back from the villages where it's allowed to run rampant > shutdown

7 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

The Security guards at my condo are now checking residents temperatures before walking through the main entrance...  
I wonder what they'd do if my temperature was above a certain temperature.. 

I imagine that it is for your own benefit.

I also think that you are smart enough to understand that if you exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms (a fever being one of them) you will self-isolate and see what developments. Trot off to hospital only if treatment is required.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

I wonder what they'd do if i'm above a certain temperature.. 

I understand why they're doing it... But, there's also a certain irony there, given that the MoPH has been saying that most COVID positive cases in the current outbreak haven't been running fevers.

1005696855_Symptoms2.jpg.e768d9e7a65d7b0931641d2effe7cd82.jpg

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

also think that you are smart enough to understand that if you exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms (a fever being one of them)

Of course i would. I would do it to protect the vulnerable as i know hardly anyone here as been vaccinated  

• Like 1