Thailand reports 1,335 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I imagine that it is for your own benefit.

I also think that you are smart enough to understand that if you exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms (a fever being one of them) you will self-isolate and see what developments. Trot off to hospital only if treatment is required.

They will unfortunately have you taken by ambulance to a hospital, self isolatng is not being allowed, and anywhere one who may be infected has been in the condo units, stairwells, parking garage, common areas will need to be sanitized. We are already at this stage in my condominium her in BKK.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm not as concerned by the number , as the number they have either turned away from testing for having no beds available, or have put off testing due to cost

The latest reports from the MoPH are indicating they have plenty of available hospital beds in BKK and at the national level currently.

But I believe what they're thinking about is the potential surge of cases that may be in the offing, post Song Kran, and thus readying something like a estimated 10,000 field hospital type beds at venues around the country to augment the traditional hospital beds supply...  Especially since the majority of current cases among mostly younger people aren't showing serious symptoms.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

If people know they are infected I think most would comply with an instruction to self isolate 

I'd like to think you are right re: expats.............. but any Thais for whom isolation means no income?????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wombat said:

if the testing was stopped and done when people were sick enough to go to hospital the fear and paranoia stats that are posted would drop....cant have that though, control would be lost. no govt wants to gives back control once its been taken

Exactly my thoughts. Nice to know I am not alone in my views.  Think the world has gone mad these days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

when numbers increase as they seem to be there will be no other option 

If people know they are infected I think most would comply with an instruction to self isolate 

but - the only way you know if numbers are increasing is to test massively and keep doing it, there is no other way to monitor the spread as so many will be asymptomatic and spreading without knowing as has already been pointed out 

If Thailand continues to refuse mass testing and continues to fail on vaccine roll out then we are headed for some very dark times indeed 

A big factor was allowing mass interprovincial  travel these 2 weeks - absolute lunacy 

That would put a big load upon the condominium complexes to constantly sanitize and disinfect and drive up the juristic costs which I am sure the BMA and CCSA will never reimburse them for ensuring the infected is isolated and there is no contact.  They would also need to have some way of checking on them to ensure the symptoms have not started to appear and worsen requiring immediate removal to a facility.  As I stated already my complex now has had a second infected person taken from the condo by ambulance and more disinfecting sanitizing is being done.  We have been isolating since last Friday evening after our return from Chiang Mai, luckily the pantry, refrigerator and freezer are stocked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

and thus readying something like a estimated 10,000 field hospital type beds at venues around the country

you do realise that at 1,300 infections per day that covers just over 7 days of infected people, how many tests are they actually doing per day ?????, I will bet it's not much over 3000

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

That would put a big load upon the condominium complexes to constantly sanitize and disinfect and drive up the juristic costs which I am sure the BMA and CCSA will never reimburse them for ensuring the infected is isolated and there is no contact.  They would also need to have some way of checking on them to ensure the symptoms have not started to appear and worsen requiring immediate removal to a facility.  As I stated already my complex now has had a second infected person taken from the condo by ambulance and more disinfecting sanitizing is being done.  We have been isolating since last Friday evening after our return from Chiang Mai, luckily the pantry, refrigerator and freezer are stocked.

Our condo is fingerprint recognition for access to everywhere......not a happy camper dibbing my finger on those day in day out.........I use my knuckle for the lifts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

The police in Phuket have received their first vaccine jabs. They benefitted from the need to have protection from the predicted hordes of tourists that would come once quarantine was eased on the island.

turns out it also provides protection from their countrymen who as things stand are far more likely to infect them.

If it is sinovac...then only half will actually be vaccinated against the virus......scary.

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Our condo is fingerprint recognition for access to everywhere......not a happy camper dibbing my finger on those day in day out.........I use my knuckle for the lifts.

they need to turn that off or have it cleaned every time someone uses it

Just now, smedly said:

they need to turn that off or have it cleaned every time someone uses it

Funny you should say that....I'm not there at the minute......hiding in Isan......but just sent a message to juristic saying just that...55

14 minutes ago, smedly said:

you do realise that at 1,300 infections per day that covers just over 7 days of infected people, how many tests are they actually doing per day ?????, I will bet it's not much over 3000

The last data point from ourworldindata shows a rolling average of 16,100 tests done per day over 7 days as of April 4th. During the last wave, testing peaked at 30,800 per day.

Link: Thailand: Coronavirus Pandemic Country Profile - Our World in Data

Edit: Included link.

THcovTesting.JPG

Edited by Osthos
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Osthos said:

The last data point from ourworldindata shows a rolling average of 16,100 tests done per day over 7 days as of April 4th. During the last wave, testing peaked at 30,800 per day.

THcovTesting.JPG

Word of warning....you have to include a link.......

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

As my American friend would say, that is less than 1/100th of 1% of population.  Many more people die from heart disease, cancer, and traffic accidents on a daily basis.

Commentary: Personally I protect myself a lot better than most of the other foreigners I see around Pattaya town.  Have gone through at least 10- 50 count boxes of 3 layer masks since last March and always keep my mask on in the grocery unlike many others I see. Change masks sometimes twice a day or more.  Also hand out masks periodically as I keep a couple extra with me at all times. 

The hand washing and social distancing I cannot teach people as if they haven't figured that out after 13 months, do not think they ever will.  

Stay safe out there people

The optics are concerning !  I'm up in Sakon Nakhon !

According to my wife  many people here are only going out for for supplies and not staying long!

Makro and Robinson's wasn't  busy at all,I'm told !

Agree with you 100 percent on your comment, that,

"The hand washing and social distancing I cannot teach people as if they haven't figured that out after 13 months, do not think they ever will.  

Stay safe out there people"

Taking  care of yourself is the best way to fight against this imop .  

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

252 police officers infected so far, over 1,500 others in quarantine

"As many as 252 police officers have been infected with Covid-19 so far, Royal Thai Police deputy spokesperson Pol Colonel Sirikul Kritphittayaboon confirmed on Wednesday.

“Nationwide, 177 police officers have been hospitalised after contracting the virus, while 75 have been discharged,” she said.

“The bureaus that reported the most infections were the Metropolitan Police (71 officers), followed by Region 5 Provincial Police (23) and Central Investigation (20).”

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404884

My heart bleeds

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

The issue is that people will avoid getting a test if they think they will be incarcerated in a “hospital” if it were to be positive. If they themselves are asymptomatic, likely they will try to fly under the radar.

allowing people to isolate at home would at least partially alleviate this problem, but that raises the issue of whether people can be trusted.

Unfortunately the trust factor was violated by the Thais that returned last year from S. Korea, think Little Ghosts, and therefore that is why all are hospitalized for now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

And increasing numbers accompanied by the total absence of political leadership from this incompetent, cowardly regime.

No lack of leadership here they lead this wave from the beginning starting with that soon to be posted to an inactive post Transport Minister.