Thailand reports 1,335 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

1 minute ago, MikeyIdea said:

Did they take that decision you talk about at the same time as they did a vastly better job at containing civid-19 than any other western country in the world except Australia and New Zealand?  They kept it at bay for 13 months longer than most other countries. That makesthem smarter than the leaders in those countries inmy book. 

I think the single most influential decision was made for them by the Chinese, when the Chinese government stopped their own citizens traveling to Thailand.........Prayut was quite prepared to allow tourism to continue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The latest reports from the MoPH are indicating they have plenty of available hospital beds in BKK and at the national level currently.

But I believe what they're thinking about is the potential surge of cases that may be in the offing, post Song Kran, and thus readying something like a estimated 10,000 field hospital type beds at venues around the country to augment the traditional hospital beds supply...  Especially since the majority of current cases among mostly younger people aren't showing serious symptoms.

The problem will be if they reach their predicted worst case numbers of 28000 per day case numbers, which can happen pretty quickly with this variant.Personally I don't think they are prepared.

37 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

No lack of leadership here they lead this wave from the beginning starting with that soon to be posted to an inactive post Transport Minister.

And being a transport minister he can blame everything on the good old "Brake failure"

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, smedly said:

A big factor was allowing mass interprovincial  travel these 2 weeks - absolute lunacy 

Yep an astonishing decision to allow travel! must be a rational explanation! can they really be that stupid or negligent?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The problem will be if they reach their predicted worst case numbers of 28000 per day case numbers, which can happen pretty quickly with this variant.Personally I don't think they are prepared.

In the last 12 days new cases in Thailand have spiked from 58 per day to 1335 per day.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, rabas said:

It's in the same appendix as secretive communist military lab work.

Appendx X. Sources you should not discus.

I'm beginning to feel like a military lab rat,and it's not a happy go lucky feeling lab rat either.Now we get to see the let it rip approach in action in our own back yard, well ok the wife's own backyard then.

57 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

...you seemingly fail to comprehend that if you don't die you're not guaranteed a complete recovery. And in fact, there are multiple and serious long-term reprecussions happening to people of all ages, that can impact the rest of your life

Well it's only been going for a year so it's a bit tricky to know if the damage is permanent yet.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

do you have the data & studies to back up your claim that is can impact people for the rest of their life?  because i do not see any data that suggests that's the case.  Research is ongoing, so i think it's extremely premature to just assume so.

I advise you to do a research on the effects caused by anti-COVID vaccines: all nations have released studies and reports on this! 

53 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

I wipe my entire body with 70% alcohol from the pharmacy.

It makes me feel much cleaner. Every time I take a dump, or return from outside I use it.

I kill all the germs.

The skin is very absorbent I hope you don't die from alcohol poisoning.

10 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

There was also a report that Sinovac was as little as 3% efficacy after 1st dose !

It's also my understanding that Chile vaccinated something like 40% of its populace and were praised by the world for their vaccination program. Now covid is booming there - and what vaccine did they use ? Yep, Sinovac.

Sinovac will be found out in the end, it will just take a few more months.

I highly doubt that they will find sinovac useless. CP group owns 15% stakes in that company.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Must be getting really serious as they are now stating "36 people are in a serious condition and 9 are on ventilators".   I don't believe those figures have been released previously, but I may be wrong.  So if all those deniers on here are in any doubt perhaps they should now be more cautious.

Don't believe there are many "deniers," and these are still numbers any country of 65M would love to have. Sensible precautions yes...panic no.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's the order on the list of provinces exactly as provided by MoPH each day... And I think, from looking at the original source Thai chart, the ordering is based on the cumulative TOTAL numbers of new domestic cases by province since April 1. (I hadn't realized that until you asked!!! ???? )

This below is what the original source Thai chart for today looks like, and as you can see, is ordered by the far right cumulative summary of new domestic cases column.

The cumulative cases ranking, of course, is not necessarily the same as the ranking for the latest day's numbers. So that's why, for example, Chonburi is 3rd on the list today with only 72 new cases, because it's ranked third in the cumulative cases total.

Thanks for asking!

Screenshot_45.jpg.cf027a613ee5f468a5d2f83e91eb02fc.jpg

555....well that cleared up a little mystery....your cheque is in the post......cheers

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, sydneyjed said:

I know it won't happen but last year in Melbourne they locked down not one but three apartment blocks in one part of town ..FOR TWO WEEKS..nearly 2000 people!Only way to stop this outbreak now is by containment only..which means putting whole communities in infectious areas into lockdown..otherwise you have no chance of stopping this now!

They did do the lockdown here last year as well, it seems they are no longer giving a rats this time for fear of public backlash not realising that generally the public usually support such measures.Who knows what they think or what they are doing or for what reasons.The inconsistency is rather mind boggling but it seems to be the part of the old normal that failed to be updated to the new normal.

• Like 2

Just now, Surelynot said:

555....well that cleared up a little mystery....your cheque is in the post......cheers

You'd think they might order the list by the number of cases in that day's report...  But at the same time, using the CUM totals ranking as MoPH is doing in their TH original makes sense too....

However, the folks producing the EN version of the chart at NBT have never bothered to explain why it's ordered the way it is.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Don't believe there are many "deniers," and these are still numbers any country of 65M would love to have. Sensible precautions yes...panic no.

Sadly, most are not adhering to sensible precautions.  As shown by the dramatic rise in numbers.  Which could soon result in a full blown panic.  As you know, the health care industry isn't capable of handing a full blown outbreak.  Look at what happened in the West.

• Like 2

TH government is looking at which of its public universities and institutes can be also used as COVID field hospital facilities:

“Every agency under the ministry has been instructed to survey suitable locations that can serve as additional field hospitals, as the ministry is committed to containing the outbreak as soon as possible,” Minister Anek Laothamatas said on Wednesday.

The 37 universities and educational institutes ... can accommodate 12,822 patients.

The sites are scattered across the country in major provinces, including Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Chiang Mai, Phitsanulok, Lampang, Nakhon Nayok, Amnat Charoen, Surin, Udon Thani, Chachoengsao, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Pattani, Narathiwat and Yala."

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404890

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

They did do the lockdown here last year as well, it seems they are no longer giving a rats this time for fear of public backlash not realising that generally the public usually support such measures.Who knows what they think or what they are doing or for what reasons.The inconsistency is rather mind boggling but it seems to be the part of the old normal that failed to be updated to the new normal.

Don't panic. It's too late to panic. Should have done that last week. Now, it's time to hunker down and calmly work to get through the situation as well as possible.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

I think they are referring to long covid.  Google it.  It's serious and lots are having problems with this.

I know I had problems with it in the lungs as it feels just like asthma which I have experienced as well the lungs feel like they're full of hot sand and no room for enough air.It does seem on the mend though.Some may well have permanent damage like scarring etc.I might even have permanent damage.If I do little I don't notice much effect.I might try that excuse with the honey do jobs.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I know I had problems with it in the lungs as it feels just like asthma which I have experienced as well the lungs feel like they're full of hot sand and no room for enough air.It does seem on the mend though.Some may well have permanent damage like scarring etc.I might even have permanent damage.If I do little I don't notice much effect.I might try that excuse with the honey do jobs.

Oh...no good.  Hope these effects disappear for you soon!  Best of luck.  This virus is crazy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1