Thailand reports 1,335 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

1 hour ago, MikeyIdea said:

Sweden has tried it for 13 months, had the highest death numbers in the world per 100,000 inhabitants

As Sweden is mentioned repeatedly I'll post this. No opinion, no conclusion, just data

https://www.statista.com/statistics/525353/sweden-number-of-deaths/

Preliminary population statistics for Sweden

Edited by onthedarkside
web link formatting corrected
  • Thanks 1

"Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered authorities to develop tighter controls, including targeted lockdowns, in provinces classified as Red zones, as daily COVID-19 infections surge to a new high today (Wednesday), recording 1,335 new cases, following 965 yesterday and 985 on Monday."

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiPBSWorld/posts/4316014638443833

AND

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, phills2k1 said:

Yup, I corrected myself not saying "POTENTIALLY" permanent, since it's far too new to know if these exist for the rest of our lives (although I don't think it's inappropriate to think the damage to lungs could be).

But the fact that we don't know about permanence, solely because of the virus being new, doesn't negate the fact that these consequences are real, are life-altering at this point in time, and could be permanent.

Meanwhile you've got a large group of people who talk as if none of this is happening and that all that matters is the mortality rate

I can tell you though, as a younger person who's spent his life both active and relatively healthy, so that I can continue to enjoy my life that the level that I'm used to, the thought of a chronic and debilitating impact of this is absolutely terrifying. Chronic illnesses don't just impact you physically daily, but can have a HUGE impact on your mental health, and that's something that that people need to keep in mind when acting like this is merely the flu

I was a mad keen basketballer and pretty fit and I'm sure I've had covid here in Thailand and can say I've experienced the reduced lung capacity first hand, it does seem to mend, though it does take a while but there could still be some permanent damage.

When many of the Travelers to the North and North East return from their Songkran breaks, testing will have to be carried out on them big time.

Many will have Covid upon their return to BKK and other Cities, so expect the Daily tally to rise significantly.

Some will hide their Covid under a working from home umbrella for sure, but many will still have to try and enter their places of employment such as Factories.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The latest daily updates from the Ministry of Public Health showing how Thailand's reported COVID case and death tallies compare with other countries in the world, and its own regional neighbor countries.

Screenshot_35.jpg.80856e799c1983805d099b0e143363fa.jpg

Screenshot_36.jpg.dfb10a8961e40194128a0b03eb991a25.jpg

No other place I'd rather be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wasabi said:

At some point will herd immunity occur without vaccines? I have very little faith in Thailand's vaccination program but at some point most of the population will have had Covid. I know this is not the desirable way to manage a pandemic but not sure if there is any other way out here? Then again perhaps all the different variants make it impossible without a vaccine?

Throughout history most 'plagues' have eventually died out after 'herd immunity' occurs -- unfortunately, the Black Death killed 25 million people in Europe (the world's population was much lower then) -- but the Bubonic Plague was the most fatal pandemic recorded in human history, causing the DEATH of 75–200 million people in Eurasia and North Africa, peaking in Europe from 1347 to 1351; Bubonic Plague also causes septicaemic or pneumonic plagues. But that also died out -- eventually!

So with this 'plague' it all depends on evaluating the cost in lives and financial stability/collapse against the cost of vaccines, lockdowns, and precautions!

A competent general does not send his soldiers to certain death. He knows when to retreat. Our general sent his citizens to the frontlines of the pandemic when he should have used the club of lockdown instead of defending Club Thai Ku Fah. (Where the police mask but don’t wear gloves—for cavity searches.)

A work colleague in Bangkok has tested Covid+. He WedFH & did not join any Songkran activities beyond his household.

As this infection occurred well before the masses return from the provinces, everyone should be aware of the widespread risks.

Only to get worse. Be smart & stay safe, everybody.

4 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

there is little doubt now that covid will rage here in Thailand. Very sad... could have been avoided. But wasn't. Just hoping and praying now that we don't go down the same road as Brazil or Mexico. This is my fear.

I've been saying similar for a little while now - and...look at The Philippines! 

The testing is a waste of time unless they can give an instant result. Waiting 24 hours or longer for the result of the test is a big problem. You go to one of these test sites and have the test and then you walk away and mingle with the public while you wait for the result and if the result is positive you have spread the virus to unknown amount of people between the time of the test and the time of the result. It needs to be an instantaneous result when the test is taken. Plus I don't feel that there is enough people to carry out the testing over the complete country at the one time and that is what is needed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Oh...no good.  Hope these effects disappear for you soon!  Best of luck.  This virus is crazy.

Thanks Jeff I appreciate the kid words and the effect have are all but gone although I haven't pushed myself to test it yet though I might try one day but that would require getting my RSE into gear.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

There was also a report that Sinovac was as little as 3% efficacy after 1st dose !

It's also my understanding that Chile vaccinated something like 40% of its populace and were praised by the world for their vaccination program. Now covid is booming there - and what vaccine did they use ? Yep, Sinovac.

Sinovac will be found out in the end, it will just take a few more months.

"University of Chile also found that one dose of the Sinovac jab was only 3 per cent effective against infection, underscoring the need to get fully vaccinated. Efficacy rises to 27.7 per cent within two weeks after the second jab, reaching 56.5 per cent a fortnight later, according to the university."

"The study also made clear that a first dose “does not have any relevant effect after four weeks,” meaning that people who only got one jab were just as vulnerable to infection as the non-vaccinated group."

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3128886/chile-covid-19-vaccination-drive-adds-sinovac-efficacy-data

The official report and study will be released by Chilean Health Ministry in a few days apparently. The Government is defending its use saying much the same as other studies that it is good at preventing serious illness and death.

• Like 1

"The Democratic Republic of Congo will begin vaccinating the population against the coronavirus on 19 April. 1.9 million AstraZeneca vaccines arrived in the African country on the second of March thanks to the COVAX program."

I wish they would offer Thailand the Covax program. Oh wait...... What??? They did??? 

DRC has 10 times more vaccines than Thailand??? Sinovac is a placebo at best therefore it doesn't count.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I know I had problems with it in the lungs as it feels just like asthma which I have experienced as well the lungs feel like they're full of hot sand and no room for enough air.It does seem on the mend though.Some may well have permanent damage like scarring etc.I might even have permanent damage.If I do little I don't notice much effect.I might try that excuse with the honey do jobs.

Did you ever experience a warm chest?  The only possible case I know of, early on, was a nephew who is a monk. His only symptoms were:

• no fever but he felt his chest was oddly warm.
  • occasional minor pain on alternate sides of his chest.
  • an odd sensation at night that he was not breathing properly.

He never coughed or sneezed. Months later I asked about his health. He said it went away quickly but he still had a weird thing about his throat  but had trouble explaining what it felt like.

Edited by rabas

2 hours ago, robblok said:

One of the people that works in the company of my GF who got infected last week is now in ICU. Not going well. The deniers always seem to focus on death.. not on the suffering and after effects of the disease. For them only death counts as a problem. 

They also hop from one outlier theory to the next. The moment the first outlier theory gets discredited they hop over to an other that gets discredited and so on and so on. They never stop to wonder if its not better to go mainstream.

Because according to anti vaxers mainstream media is only for the sheeple. 

well said,

theyve moved on from bill gates, to 5G to whatever the latest trend is

2 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

It's just absolute insanity. It's bad enough that they do everything they can to minimize the mortality caused by it, but then they completely ignore the fact that there are serious long-term reprecussions possible to those who service. Acting like the seemingly never-ending "long haul" symptoms don't exist, nor do the permanent damage to lungs that can completely alter the course of your life

Have a few friends working as diving instructors here who I had to implore not to go to the bars on their islands for the immediate future, reminding them that if their lung capacity is impact, they lose their ability to earn a living. The thought didn't even occur to them.

whoa, hold your horses,

thats wayyyyy too much logical thinking

What tests are they using? If it's the PCR test, the WHO and the CDC, the couple of evil have clearly stated that the test is not reliable, it results in far too many false positives. Why are they still using the PCR test to determine cases?

• Sad 1

Complaint filed against owner and manager of Hua Hin pub over COVID-19 cluster

A complaint has been lodged with Hua Hin district police, by the district’s assistant health official and the deputy district officer, against the owner and manager of the Maya pub for allegedly violating the Emergency Decree, the Communicable Disease Act, the Entertainment Venue Act and the provincial administration’s order.

The pub has been identified as the source of a cluster of COVID-19 infections in Prachuap Khiri Khan province. According to the provincial health office, more than 300 people have, so far, been infected and 90% of thos infections are linked to the pub.

A mini concert was held at the pub on March 31st, featuring popular singer and entertainer Joey Boy, and it is alleged that the pub operated beyond the 1am limit.

(more)

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/complaint-filed-against-owner-and-manager-of-hua-hin-pub-over-covid-19-cluster/