Prostate med in Thailand

jayceenik

Growing old I started having slight prostate problems but three days ago I got a fever and at the same tims I started having urges but trouble to urinate.

I have a nightmare of not being able to pee anymore and my overfull bladder exploding in my belly.

Maybe just dehydrated with the fever? Maybe more serious ... 

Has anybody used satisfactorily an OTC prostate drug available here in Thailand?

Mega uroflow works and can be purchased OTC it is similar to Flomax sold in the US.  I take .4mg tablets.  As said, see a doctor as well and have a physical as it could be something or nothing.  BPH is always a concern

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/benign-prostatic-hyperplasia/symptoms-causes/syc-20370087

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

Has anybody used satisfactorily an OTC prostate drug available here in Thailand?

doxazocin 2mg, 400 bht for 100 tablets from most pharmacies.

start with 1 x2mg pill before you go to bed.

after a week add another 1/2 tablet, and so on until your bits work again.

would point out it's only 50bht to see the government hospital doctor, and they will sell the same pills for 100bht for 100 tablets.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Why is this in the Pattaya forum?

Do you live there?

Rush to a hospital to see a qualified urologist, e.g. Pattaya Memorial. Fewer is unusual for enlarged prostate.

Maybe bladder infection?

Request an ultrasound.

Worst case if bladder is before "explosion":

expect a small catheter for quick relieve.

More lucky: only medication needed as described by @BritManToo

Edited by KhunBENQ

Moved to Health Forum.

All the meds likley to be prescribed to you can be bought OTC BUT you should not self-prescribe.

You may have, for example, prostatitis or a bladder infection and these require very different treatment than simple benign prostatic enlargement does.

if you are in Pattaya this urologist has been recommended by several TV members:

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/doctor-profile?v_id=205&depid=28

You will lijkley need some lab tests

Don't buy meds from the hospital, find out from the doctor what he prescribes and buy it at a pharmacy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chuang said:

Go see a doctor ????

...reading the OP description should have run quick a while ago already...just to think about this happening to myself makes me shiver.

Thanks to all who have commented my post.

Very useful.

The fever went away yesterday but I still have urination difficulties.

I live in an Isaan village. This afternoon my wife will take me to a clinic doctor.

I'm otherwise in very good health for my age so I hope this annoyance is only temporary.

1 hour ago, jayceenik said:

This afternoon my wife will take me to a clinic doctor.

the clinic doctor will just tell you to visit the government hospital.

Clinics don't deal with this problem.

If you can't wee at all, you should call in at the emergency door.

They will insert a catheter for a month. 

Don't wait too long, your kidneys will stop working if you can't wee.

The window is around 3 days.

Edited by BritManToo

indeed, clinics are not where to go.

in Issan the best place is Khon Kaen University Hospital (Srinagarind) which has excellent urologists. Go through the "after hours" clinic and ask to see a senior acharn in urology. Not at all expensive.

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

indeed, clinics are not where to go.

in Issan the best place is Khon Kaen University Hospital (Srinagarind) which has excellent urologists. Go through the "after hours" clinic and ask to see a senior acharn in urology. Not at all expensive.

I don't give much credit to clinics but the wife runs the show. She says the hospital here is very crowded.

At least it's a first step. Maybe the Doc will recommend a miracle cure! Or tell me to report to the local hospital.

I'll keep in mind your KK tip. We'll check also what's available in Ubon which is closer and where we have a house.