Maximum stay under a STV

My understanding is that this visa will be wound up on 30th Sept and that this will be the last date to extend for 90 days.

I plan to arrive early June so with one extension I will get a max of 180 days. Am I correct?

I am aware that this visa is not well liked. I am open to suggestions for a better idea for a stay of 6 months or so.

Not married, no kids, no need to convert. When my stay is maxed out I will, hopefully, move on. If not come home.

I am aware of the STV requirements and apart from the additional insurance cost they cause no issues.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

if you are able to apply for a extension prior to September 30th you could get another 90 day extension.

Thanks Joe.

So lets say enter June 1. Extend to Sep 1 (ish) Before Sep 30th apply again and see if this is not too early to extend. Not guaranteed but worth a go?

10 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Last question. If the 2nd extension is accepted should it be 90 days from expiry of 1st extension not from date off application?

It should be from end of the 90 days.

• Like 1

But you can only apply for extension 45 before the expiry date of your stv.  The bigger question is will they extend an STV after the 30th Sept (is 30thsep the last day they issue AND extend?)  my understanding is on an STV which I'm on now allows upto 9month regardless of 30th Sept cutoff day  

4 minutes ago, Thjames said:

But you can only apply for extension 45 before the expiry date of your stv.  The bigger question is will they extend an STV after the 30th Sept (is 30thsep the last day they issue AND extend?)  my understanding is on an STV which I'm on now allows upto 9month regardless of 30th Sept cutoff day  

Currently nobody knows if they will extend it.

Imho it wasn't very popular, so I think that it will probably not be extended.

If they don't extend it the scheme ends on 30th September and you won't be able to apply for an extension after that.

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

If they don't extend it the scheme ends on 30th September and you won't be able to apply for an extension after that.

I will try and sneak an extension in before 30th September but I will definitely have a plan B!

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

I am not sure that this is true. If they stop issuing new STVs does not necessarily mean they will not honor the terms of the visa for those who already received one, in fact I would expect they would. What would stop would be issuance of new ones.

18 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I am not sure that this is true. If they stop issuing new STVs does not necessarily mean they will not honor the terms of the visa for those who already received one, in fact I would expect they would. What would stop would be issuance of new ones.

Immigration did already clarify it, extensions have to be applied for before 30th September:

307600122_STVregulationsforextensionddMa

(The last bullet point on the bottom right)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

This is what the Thai Embassy in the Hague is saying.. 

SPECIAL TOURIST VISA - STV (single entry only)

• This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for tourism purposes.
  • STV visa holders will initially be permitted to stay in Thailand up to 90 days including the quarantine period.
  • The extension of stay can be requested at the Immigration Bureau in Thailand up to 2 times at the maximum of 90 days per each extension.
  • The maximum stay in total, therefore, shall NOT exceed 270 days including the quarantine period and shall NOT exceed 30 September 2021 which is the current end date of the STV scheme.

https://hague.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/special-tourist-visa-stv