Phuket infections rise, but symptoms ‘only mild’, as tourism takes a hit

webfact

1618380782_1-org.jpg

Bangla Rd in Patong undergoes a mass cleanse last Sunday (Apr 11) ahead of the Songkran holidays. Photo: Patong Municipality

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: As the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 infections in Phuket continues to rise, provincial health officials have pointed out that so far all of the people infected in the latest outbreak are experiencing only light symptoms of infection.

During a live video broadcast led by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew this morning (Apr 14), Patong Hospital Director Dr Muenphrae Boonlom confirmed that the current number of confirmed cases stood at 98 people infected.

“At this stage, 98 cases have been confirmed as infected, but they all have only light symptoms,” said Dr Muenphrae, was Acting Chief of the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) until the new PPHO Chief Dr Kusak Kukiattikoon arrived in Phuket on Mar 8.

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-infections-rise-but-symptoms-only-mild-as-tourism-takes-a-hit-79678.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-14

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, shdmn said:

Actually no.  As more and more mountains of evidence come in it turns out asymptomatic people passing it on is quite rare, as is getting it from surfaces.  Also turns out that sunlight is very effective at killing the virus within minutes.

You may be correct but what you've written is contrary to everything I've ever seen or heard on the subject of viral transmission, do you have a link to support your claim?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, shdmn said:

Actually no.  As more and more mountains of evidence come in it turns out asymptomatic people passing it on is quite rare, as is getting it from surfaces.  Also turns out that sunlight is very effective at killing the virus within minutes.

Please post the scientific research evidential link to justify that last statement.

• Like 1

Probably symptoms are none or mild as those infected are young .

Hope older people is kept safe .

The vaccinations with Covax seems to be prociding .

Only thing wich worries about Covax Vaccine is that it prevents only aT 50%  to get infected but it helps not to get to Hospital and most probably to be asymptomatic in case infected .

Now those asymptomatic asymptomatic cases will not know they are having Covid and will be potential spreader .

Hope people will go on keeping musks even if vaccinated and get instructed so.

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm not quite so sure of that. Brazil is not what I would call a cold country, with average 'high' temperatures per month of 30-32.

That has almost NOTHING to do with what I said but whatever.  Not my problem.  Go argue with the scientists about it.

Edited by shdmn

16 hours ago, Excel said:

Please post the scientific research evidential link to justify that last statement.

I'm not here to do google searches for people, who usually won't bother reading it anyways, every time they demand it, which is pretty much always now even if I say the sky is blue.

Edited by shdmn
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1