Most COVID-19 patients in Hua Hin show no symptoms

webfact

13844011952984-1-696x373.jpg

Picture: Hua Hin Today

Most people who have tested positive for COVID-19 in Hua Hin show little or no symptoms, health officials said on Wednesday.

According to Prachuap Khiri Khan provincial health chief, Dr. Suriya Kuharat,  70 percent of patients are asymptomatic or have only minor symptoms, Hua Hin Today reported. 

There have been a total of 427 COVID-19 cases in the province between 1-14 April  2021.

Female patients accounted for the largest number of cases (252), while cases among males was 175.

Dr Suriya said the cluster from the Maya Pub accounted for the highest number of cases.

As of Wednesday, 312 patients were being treated at Hua Hin hospital, 12 at Thanarat Camp Hospital, 52 at Pranburi Hospital, 10 at Sam Roi Yot Hospital, 9 at Kui Buri Hospital, 36 at Prachuap Khiri Khan Hospital, 2 at Thap Sakae Hospital and 4 Bangsaphan Hospital.

The oldest patient is 82 years, the youngest aged just 8 months. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-14

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I think they're saying around 50% (depending on the study) are asymptomatic.  But still shed the virus.  Scary.

at least, these 50% are going to survive - just in case...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

But with the potential of long covid.  They're saying 30% of all cases end up with this.

If the individual is asymptomatic then is there any relevance to long Covid? If only 30% of those infected have symptoms and 30% of these end up with long Covid then number is rather small (9% of those infected?).  

• Like 1

My brain is soooo old and dumb...

So, it seems like the concern is spreading the virus to someone who will have symptoms and/or die.  Well, it seem like nobody is dying from COVID during this spread.  

This is a "good" thing, right?  Maybe it's just some very mild something that might give long-term problems to very, very few....or what am I missing?

I'm STILL saying LOCKDOWN.....because Brazil just had 3.500 deaths in the last 24-hours......better safe than sorry and this is a new virus and it's best to take precautions.  

I guess my only point is......I don't think this strain will kill us, if we are unfortunate enough to get it......

Again to the posters who are either young, in their 20s to 5os, who think that they will get the corona virus, Covid 19

and survive it.  Well good luck to all of you.  In Canada now, it is the younger crowd who are ending up in the hospital.

And guess what, there is more of them dying.  However, don't worry it would never happen to you,.... until it does.

Geezer

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Again to the posters who are either young, in their 20s to 5os, who think that they will get the corona virus, Covid 19

and survive it.  Well good luck to all of you.  In Canada now, it is the younger crowd who are ending up in the hospital.

And guess what, there is more of them dying.  However, don't worry it would never happen to you,.... until it does.

Geezer

It's curious that the effects of the virus on the population in Brazil where most people live in urban developments has been devastating yet in Asia, India in particular, the effects have been significantly less severe. In Canada it's the young who are becoming symptomatic yet in Thailand symptomatic cases are becoming quite rare. There seems to be lots of variables in play globally, one theory is that rural dwellers have greater exposure to other viruses throughout their lives and have developed greater immunity as a result.

I admit that I am past my best before date.  I certainly endorse taking appropriate precautions to avoid becoming infected and/or infecting others.  The sense of fear though ... that really is very tiresome.  Truly wish dealing with the virus would require a less emotional reaction.  The virus is now part of life just deal with it and get on with living well, whatever time you have left.  There are plenty of other things going on around you that will shorten your life just as surely.  Do we really need to obsess about Covid to the degree we are?

• Like 2

If 70% are asymptomatic or have few symptoms, that means 30% are pretty sick.

The next week or 2 will show if there is going to be a knock on effect in the actual deaths, which as yet thanfully don't seem to be affected.

On 4/15/2021 at 6:28 PM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

First I heard of that. Your not making that up are you

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

First I heard of that. Your not making that up are you

He's not.  Do some research on what's happening in Michigan and Brazil.  It's going after the young now.  Even babies.

• Like 2

Well Rocking Robert, I guess you are not a Canadian, or you would already know that the younger people in Canada

are getting sick with a variant of the COVID virus.  But to the point, there are new TV channels, CTV, Global, and CBC, that you

may find on google and can try stream their news.  Or you could maybe go to some newspaprers, The Calgary Sun, or EdmontonSun or Vancouver

Sun. Or google and find more one your own and read their online news. Hey it is an electronic world, Maybe you have a friend or

relative in Canada, and you could use a device called a phone and ask them for the news.  Just a few suggestions for you.

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1