DDC discourages inter-provincial travel as Songkran comes to an end

snoop1130

These people are idiots. You allow them to travel among provinces for the holiday and then you tell them not to come back. <deleted>?

With the rising cases there should have been a lockdown between provinces prior to the holiday. Now cases are going to explode.

While Thailand did a marvelous job early in the pandemic and up until now, they are reverting to my country's (USA) policies. Inconsistent and stupid.

• Like 2

They are also allowing large gatherings, where they weren't before.

Do these people really think that banning splashing of water has any impact on covid? Are these real scientists?

The issue is with large gatherings, no masks, etc.

They need to look to the USA as an example of what not to do.

• Like 1

???????????????? 

like remote work does not need preparation.

safety, hardware, procedures,

place to work, place to live.

the horse bolted last week so it is about time to put the cart... ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am thinking that this Government is waiting until tomorrow to make the decision.  I say this because I at least want to believe they are thinking, like I do, that many were not going to be retuning until Sunday of this coming weekend instead of tonight.  By deciding to lockdown the most serious case stricken provinces they will then force these people to stay put where they currently are.  Chaos soon to ensue in my view.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am thinking that this Government is waiting until tomorrow to make the decision.  I say this because I at least want to believe they are thinking, like I do, that many were not going to be retuning until Sunday of this coming weekend instead of tonight.  By deciding to lockdown the most serious case stricken provinces they will then force these people to stay put where they currently are.  Chaos soon to ensue in my view.

the article in the Post is pretty good.  Discusses in fair detail what might be coming.  Should know tomorrow afternoon.  I'm guessing....gyms, theaters, etc will be closed.  Restaurants will have shorter hours, and maybe, like Hua Hin and Chiang Mai now, no alcohol.  Might even be back to inter-provencial travel like we had back in January. 

Ugh...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, connda said:

So it's ok for people from red zones in Bangkok to travel to provinces and infect the uninfected, but it's not ok for them to come home?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe it would be more prudent to have everyone return immediately rather than stay in the countryside for another two weeks and be able to spread it to a more extended family.

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tell me how street vendors, service staff, cabbies, moto taxi riders, and factory workers can work remotely.

They are the ones who are to take private cars or ride buses with masks and without eating for 10 hours as they clearly can't work remotely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Most.  But many don't.  And many are now suffering long term effects from the virus.

Was at the beach yesterday.  It was PACKED!  A super spreader event for sure.  We'll see the results over the next 2 weeks.

Hope you had your swim mask on.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Department of Disease Control has recommended travelers work remotely instead of traveling back at the end of the Songkran holidays to help contain the spread of COVID-19, while urging people who are already traveling back to self-isolate for 14 days.

Now I know where in trouble.

This is how they think?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Snig27 said:

More idiocy - many of the people who visited families are hands on workers - cab drivers, cleaners, shop staff and such. How do they "work remotely"? It shows again how totally out of touch the governing elite are with Thailand.

Thailand is clearly battling governmental incompetence as well as COVID.

Agreed, they have no clue how to control this new wave. The vaccine rollout is an utter joke, they are liberal with the truth to put it mildly and point blank refuse to listen or take advise from other countries with considerably more experience of Covid-19. As at this morning Banglamung hospital has cancelled all admissions unless critical road accidents solely to cope with the Covid influx so its everywhere now.

1 minute ago, AMFWolfie said:

Agreed, they have no clue how to control this new wave. The vaccine rollout is an utter joke, they are liberal with the truth to put it mildly and point blank refuse to listen or take advise from other countries with considerably more experience of Covid-19. As at this morning Banglamung hospital has cancelled all admissions unless critical road accidents solely to cope with the Covid influx so its everywhere now.

I think they'll change soon the policy to hospitalize the asymptomatic cases. It just doesn't work with that many cases per day. India had 199k cases yesterday,  imagine hospitalizing all of them.

55 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

They are the ones who are to take private cars or ride buses with masks and without eating for 10 hours as they clearly can't work remotely.

And still isolate for 4 days upon return to the locations, so without pay. I think those folks will stay with family unfortunately and not return because if cost prohibition.  Wonder what a taxi ride from Udon to BKK would cost for a person wanting to follow the DDC rules.  I can see the pickups filled with 10 to 15 in the bed now, no social distancing and no masks. Buses will be half full requiring more trips and possible accidents due to fatigue.

Edited by ThailandRyan

11 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Could Thai people not apply for a jab from 1st of May, and get a AZ jab made in Thailand???? 

How many AZ do they produce in Thailand? Why still use the useless Sinovac???

It may come as some surprise to you but production facilities cannot be set up overnight.

It was stated last year that AZ production in Thailand was scheduled for June 2021. Remind us , what month is this.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

It may come as some surprise to you but production facilities cannot be set up overnight.

It was stated last year that AZ production in Thailand was scheduled for June 2021. Remind us , what month is this.

Lots of different dates being put up.  I just read an article saying AZ jabs will be available in May.  Who knows.

I'll try to find the article.  But all this different info coming from different ministers makes you head spin.

11 hours ago, BookShe said:

It's a precaution measure. Less vaccine produced the less side effect it could cause.

Denmark announced on Tuesday it would stop using the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine altogether, becoming the first European country to do so over suspected rare but serious side effects.

I have yet to see a study that compares Covid death rates in certain bands of ages with AZ death rates from side effects.  I suspect that the AZ is much safer than catching Covid , especially for the old, very young and those with other conditions. As usual the politicos are panicking and the media are enabling it. 

• Like 2