DDC discourages inter-provincial travel as Songkran comes to an end

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, starky said:

Speaking of risk reward in certain groups it could be argued that they are perfectly safe from covid as well and potentially at a greater risk from certain vaccines.

I also know a lot of my colleagues in a similar situation will not be receiving the vaccine and they are immensely glad for it particularly those under 50 like myself only a roll of the dice put me in a position to recieve it before them and looking at the responses from other countries only time well tell whether or not for me it is a blessing or a curse. 

I thought Thailand was only giving AZ to over 60's? You're in Thailand right?

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I think what we are seeing is a tug of war between the technocrats and the politicians.

Health officials (meaning the actual trained health professionals in the MoPH not the political appointee who heads it) advised against allowing travel from the get go. (For that matter also advised against ever re-opening bars/night clubs/karaoke spots). Politicians would not listen. Meanwhile things have continued to worsen and now the politicos are agreeing that limits may be necessary.

But of course it is absurd and impossible to bar people from returning to their homes. Especially for a problem that is not going to go away anytime soon.

The virus loves politicians, whenever they leave holes in proper measures it fills them nicely.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I thought Thailand was only giving AZ to over 60's? You're in Thailand right?

Not currently. I have come and gone a number of times over the past year.

If you read my previous posts you would know I got vaccinated due to being an essential worker. Have any foreigners in Thailand received any vaccine at all? How would I have gotten AZ in Thailand? 

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I think what we are seeing is a tug of war between the technocrats and the politicians.

Health officials (meaning the actual trained health professionals in the MoPH not the political appointee who heads it) advised against allowing travel from the get go. (For that matter also advised against ever re-opening bars/night clubs/karaoke spots). Politicians would not listen. Meanwhile things have continued to worsen and now the politicos are agreeing that limits may be necessary.

But of course it is absurd and impossible to bar people from returning to their homes. Especially for a problem that is not going to go away anytime soon.

Unless you were Australian of course ????????????????????????

7 minutes ago, starky said:

Not currently. I have come and gone a number of times over the past year.

If you read my previous posts you would know I got vaccinated due to being an essential worker. Have any foreigners in Thailand received any vaccine at all? How would I have gotten AZ in Thailand? 

Not that I know of and precisely why I asked.

You must have spent a good few weeks in quarantine with all those trips to Thailand in the last year. Good luck to you. Guess you must be due another trip out of Thailand to get your second shot soon.

Edited by Bkk Brian

27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not that I know of and precisely why I asked.

You must have spent a good few weeks in quarantine with all those trips to Thailand in the last year. Good luck to you. Guess you must be due another trip out of Thailand to get your second shot soon.

Yep 6 (lots of 2)  at last count in 3 different countries.  Not currently also means I am not currently in Thailand. Cheers.

Edited by starky
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

DDC discourages inter-provincial travel 

Had they said this BEFORE Songkran, it would not be the complete mess it is now !

Everyone knew, except the balloons in charge.

Total incompetence.

Yes, the loonies are running the asylum.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

They are also allowing large gatherings, where they weren't before.

Do these people really think that banning splashing of water has any impact on covid? Are these real scientists?

The issue is with large gatherings, no masks, etc.

They need to look to the USA as an example of what not to do.

But keep in mind if it was not for all the obesity, the US would probably not have nearly as many people with

the Chinese virus.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

But keep in mind if it was not for all the obesity, the US would probably not have nearly as many people with

the Chinese virus.

We blame Burger King and KFC for the epidemic in the USA then?????

45 minutes ago, starky said:

Yep 6 (lots of 2)  at last count in 3 different countries.  Not currently also means I am not currently in Thailand. Cheers.

Great holiday entitlements wish I had that essential job! Safe travels

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

A white driver telling the locals to keep out of their own city!

A wokesperson being offended on the behalf of people that can actually take a joke.

Jog on, son - your ilk ain't going to get a foothold here.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I know.. I am not stupid and I follow the whole vaccination disaster here in Thailand very closely.  Why buy Sinovac than, 70 million doses, as they constant write everywhere.. and why are they so delaying everything all the time.. 

What exactly are "they" delaying all the time?

Maybe you can also tell us what vaccine and quantity would have been available quicker than Sinovac. 

• Like 1