Shopping malls in Thailand ordered to close at 9pm 

snoop1130

Wonder which brain dead genius came up with that crazy nonsense?

So they think that the virus is only active after 9 pm.????

Not worry me anyway, past my bedtime, tucked up safe and sound by 7 pm, so no worries.

• Like 2

Now the same amount of people will visit the mall in a shorter time frame, thus the density of people in the mall increases and spreading Covid becomes more likely.

Why do they never have any common sense?

Forcing malls to be open 24/7 would have been more helpful, then less people would be in the mall at the same time, lesser risk of catching covid due to better social distancing. It would also offer jobs for many of the unemployed people.

Edited by jackdd
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Now the same amount of people will visit the mall in a shorter time frame, thus the density of people in the mall increases and spreading Covid becomes more likely.

Why do they never have any common sense?

Forcing malls to be open 24/7 would have been more helpful, then less people would be in the mall at the same time, lesser risk of catching covid due to better social distancing. It would also offer jobs for many of the unemployed people.

What you say is true and makes complete sense but there is also the other side of the coin where the mall becomes a hang out place when bars etc are closed, especially if its the only air-conn place in town. I suppose the rational is to have everyone tucked up in bed by 9pm.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

ot worry me anyway, past my bedtime, tucked up safe and sound by 7 pm, so no worries.

Ah, 7 PM is very early, seems a waste. You should consider joining a five-a-side football team, great way to expend some energy in the evenings, you'll get a great sleep after that.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've never felt much need for air-con, happy enough in the open air with a fan.

Can't understand people who come to the tropics and don't like the heat.

Same; I reckon the blood thins after a while, if you just live Thai style. Going from extreme heat to aircon and back, is probably the worst thing, your body never get's the chance to adapt. Mind you, my heat tolerance is probably pretty high - got dragged out of a Russian sauna when the temperature hit, what locals considered, intolerable levels. What a weird experience that was, all the locals suddenly vacating, and me sitting alone wondering what was going on, till my Russian buddy comes in, with a rather worried look on his face, and drags me out. Still, I'm an amateur compared to some Thais. There's a photocopy shop near me where the girl can't even be bothered to turn on the fan, and never breaks a sweat. That's just inbuilt physiological advantage, which I can never compete with, despite my obvious psycholgical oblivousness to extremes of temperature. I sweat at the drop of a hat. You wouldn't believe the amount of water I drink in a day, getting the 8 glasses is no problem. Beats scraping the ice off the windows to look out on the new day, which was a regular occurrence in my (pre central heating) youth in the UK. Dad stoking up the coal fire was always a big ceremony though, wouldn't want to have missed that.

In summary, after all the flim-flam, heat is kind to old joints -  "am sick o' wastin' leather on these gritty pavin'-stones,
An' the blasted English drizzle wakes the fever in my bones".

Ha!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Poet said:

Ah, 7 PM is very early, seems a waste. You should consider joining a five-a-side football team, great way to expend some energy in the evenings, you'll get a great sleep after that.

I hope your post is meant as a joke !!!!!!!

A paraplegic playing five a side, words fail me.

7 pm is not of my choosing, but as my feet /legs swell seriously every day, more than 7 hours in my chair is not good.

I have many problems, but sleeping is not 1 of them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Another one who has lost the plot and doesn't quite see the entire picture.  Covid does not come out after 9pm it's around all day and all night and just takes a susceptible host to catch a ride on after being shedded from a carrier. 

i was going to note that good thing covid follows infection hours  opens at 7am and ceases at 9pm....Covids wife--how was ur day honey---whew...Im knackered! ????

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to the Thai Retailers Association and Thai Shopping Centre Association, the early closure is aimed at helping to limit the spread of COVID-19.

Close at 9pm after being open all day to help reduce Covid?

Might have to explain the logic behind that idea to me?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"The period after Songkran is a critical time to control the outbreak, if not we could see 10,000 to 20,000 cases per day," senior health official, Opas Karnkawinpong, told Reuters.

I nearly swore !!!

8 hours ago, Susco said:

Wrong Mr Opas, the period right before Songkran was critical to control the outbreak, now the horse has bolted already

Ah yes, - the THAI specialty - as in 'closing the stable door after the horse has…'. The two things are intertwined inextricably, much as Murphy's Law is with our friends across the sea.

I see the quoting problem is back, thought it was too good to be true *sigh*.

Edited by ParkerN

Just now, smedly said:

good idea

I love Thailand and especially the daily challenge of trying to work out the impossible - making sense of government 

I can work out how they have enriched themselves and that is quite easy when the gun holds more power than the brain

Most things have more power than the Thai brain. must... have... more... and... fatter... brown... envelopes...

Don't you dare open after 9pm, I don't care if you are rich and part Chinese. if I see you open I'll tell that nice Mr Prayut and he'll give you a proper finger-wagging. Mark my words...

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Understanding why people don't understand is beyond understanding if one cares to understand such things. Understand?

3 hours ago, nausea said:

Same; I reckon the blood thins after a while, if you just live Thai style. Going from extreme heat to aircon and back, is probably the worst thing, your body never get's the chance to adapt. Mind you, my heat tolerance is probably pretty high - got dragged out of a Russian sauna when the temperature hit, what locals considered, intolerable levels. What a weird experience that was, all the locals suddenly vacating, and me sitting alone wondering what was going on, till my Russian buddy comes in, with a rather worried look on his face, and drags me out. Still, I'm an amateur compared to some Thais. There's a photocopy shop near me where the girl can't even be bothered to turn on the fan, and never breaks a sweat. That's just inbuilt physiological advantage, which I can never compete with, despite my obvious psycholgical oblivousness to extremes of temperature. I sweat at the drop of a hat. You wouldn't believe the amount of water I drink in a day, getting the 8 glasses is no problem. Beats scraping the ice off the windows to look out on the new day, which was a regular occurrence in my (pre central heating) youth in the UK. Dad stoking up the coal fire was always a big ceremony though, wouldn't want to have missed that.

In summary, after all the flim-flam, heat is kind to old joints -  "am sick o' wastin' leather on these gritty pavin'-stones,
An' the blasted English drizzle wakes the fever in my bones".

Ha!

First man: "Do you like Kipling?"

Second man: "I don't  know, I have never kippled"

It is amusing that all this farang brain power and not one of them mentioned the cleaning and disinfecting of the malls. The mall cleaning staff have the extra time to clean and disinfect the malls ready for the next day. So it is in place to reduce the possibility of the spread of the virus, not by reducing the hours that the public can go to the mall but by increasing the amount of time the cleaning staff have to clean and disinfect the mall to reduce the possibility of the spread of the virus. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

As your Mr Coward once said , you appear to be impervious to heat. 

26 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

As your Mr Coward once said , you appear to be impervious to heat.

I hardly sweat at all in day to day retired life.

Walk 8-9Km every day and don't sweat either.

Sweat like a pig if I start cutting steel or welding though.

2 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

First man: "Do you like Kipling?"

Second man: "I don't  know, I have never kippled"

His best poem ..... The Ladies

Now I aren't no 'and with the ladies,
  For, takin' 'em all along,
You never can say till you've tried 'em,
  An' then you are like to be wrong.
There's times when you'll think that you mightn't,
  There's times when you'll know that you might;
But the things you will learn from the Yellow an' Brown,
  They'll 'elp you a lot with the White!