Thai Visa Forum

Confusion on 10 day quarantine.

So I am trying to book my ASQ hotel and I will be arriving on May XX before 6pm and their response is this:

Dear Mr xxxxxxx,,

Thank you for considering ASQ hotel for your quarantine requirements in Bangkok. 

We are pleased to offer our 10 Day ASQ package below for check-in XX May - XX May, 2021 (11 Nights/12 Days). 

Now if it's 10 days how does this turn into 12 day??????

I thought if I show up before 6pm I would have that count as the first day? I will be in before 6pm and they are still counting 12 days. What's the official amount of time I need to do with this, does anyone know?

10 nights - but it appears not all hotels are aware, and rules have not been clearly published. My understanding is that it is actual arrival time of your plane - though could not find it clearly explained. Suggest you read the thread below - where you can see more information, including suggested comms to hotel. If ASQ does not confirm, look further. Not all hotels do give a discount for 11 instead of 10 nights it seems (perhaps because they need to keep the room free in case of flight delays?).

The hotel probably isn’t a where of the time arrival separator.

send them the pictures from the other forum thread and ask them to confirm your dates as below 

1st day

2nd day

3rd day

etc

10th day

11th check out 

that’s what I did and they allowed me out 1 day earlier 

20 hours ago, bolt said:

The hotel probably isn’t a where of the time arrival separator.

send them the pictures from the other forum thread and ask them to confirm your dates as below...

Thanks for the info, good to know

Edited by pentagara

I have booked an 11 day package at a hotel in Pattaya for myself Thai partner and our son, the 10 day option wasn’t available. If we arrive before 6 pm it’s only 10 days. After booking the hotel they have said there will be no refund for the extra day if we only have to do 10 days only vouchers for 1500 baht to buy food and beverages,  

thanks for your info.

I stay in 10 day quarantine at Avani Pattaya right now, and on my request  I just got the confirmation that I can leave 1 day earlier than planned. Of course no refund for 1 night, "because it is a package"

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, henry2109 said:

Of course no refund for 1 night, "because it is a package"

This brings into question the government's statement that vaccinated people taking the new '7' day quarantine should book '10' days and hotels have been instructed to refund if the traveller is granted '7' days on entry.  No doubt that will be also be refused as 'its a packeage'.

52 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

This brings into question the government's statement that vaccinated people taking the new '7' day quarantine should book '10' days and hotels have been instructed to refund if the traveller is granted '7' days on entry.  No doubt that will be also be refused as 'its a packeage'.

LOS-Land of Scams

• Sad 1

We checked into the Alotf Hotel, Soi 11 Sukhumvit, BKK last Monday landing at 06:00 and arriving at hotel at 09:00. We originally booked for 15 night packet. On landing you now go through Port Medical he saw we has been given both jabs. He changed our quarantine to 7 days but with have a 3 year old daughter. She was given 10 days quarantine. So it all depends what the port authority says. At the hotel they refunded our booking down to 10 nights without asking. So a lot depends on the hotel. This hotel has been fantastic. Food, staff, service and standards all excellent. 

• Like 1

This is how it was explained to me.

It is a package , either 7-day package(7 Nights 8 Days), 10- package (11 Nights 12 Days) , or 14-day package (15 Nights 16 Days

Depending on the time you arrive, the first day is counted or it is not.

So don't sweat it, They don't have a la carte ASQ you buy the package  If you are lucky and arrive early and your first day is counted, then you will leave early , I guess if you don't want to leave early perhaps you can argue that you paid for the extra day and stay. So far I have never heard of anyone wanting to do an extra day of quarantine.  

We arrive at 6:30 am so we were told that we would leave early , but since I have not done it yet ,I dont know that for a fact.  At this point it will be what it will be, I just want to get home.

Edited by sirineou
50 minutes ago, Casablanca Digital Nomad R said:

At the hotel they refunded our booking down to 10 nights without asking. So a lot depends on the hotel. ...

The Consular Officer from the London Thai Embassy provided the following info:

For those, who have completed their COVID-19 vaccination for at least 14 days before departure to Thailand, will be considered to reduce the number of quarantine days to 7-night quarantine. The Embassy recommends applicants to book the 10-night quarantine package and, once the 7-night quarantine has been approved, to request for a refund from the hotel. (ASQ hotels have been informed by the central authorities to refund if customers' vaccinations has been approved for a "7-night quarantine".)

Full post here > https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1211974-coe-website/page/3/?tab=comments#elControls_16379186_menu  

• 2 weeks later...

I checked into hotel on 2. April at 17:00 and left after 1 test and 7 nights at 11:00 on 9. April. so less than 7 days.

But now it seems they will now change to 14 days quarantine again.

I don't understand this Thai government. The new Covid-19 wave does not come from us foreign vaccinated travelers.