Govt considers lockdown for Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan

webfact

26 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The borders have been closed, except for commerce.  No tourists are coming across the land borders and few are flying in internationally.  Why do you think the borders are still open? One can always fly home as long as your country is accepting people flying in from Thailand but you wont be getting home by crossing a land border.

Depends if flight bookings decline which they will with the airport formally announcing no international flights except thais. 

Right now the borders are open especially for business men, and long term tourists 

Edited by madmen
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I need to make a dental appointment on Tuesday in Bangkok. Any thoughts as to likelihood of being able to make a day trip in and out for that purpose?

At this point Sheryl I would say everything is unknown until Tomorrow after they make a decision as to what they may do.  I need to go to MTT on Monday from my side of Bangkok, but I generally ride out through Nonthaburi and then back into the Area.  Not sure what the logistics will be now.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

The borders have been closed, except for commerce.  No tourists are coming across the land borders and few are flying in internationally.  Why do you think the borders are still open? One can always fly home as long as your country is accepting people flying in from Thailand but you wont be getting home by crossing a land border.

Perhaps he meant provincial borders

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

At this point Sheryl I would say everything is unknown until Tomorrow after they make a decision as to what they may do.  I need to go to MTT on Monday from my side of Bangkok, but I generally ride out through Nonthaburi and then back into the Area.  Not sure what the logistics will be now.

Progress will be seen as going from "unknown" to "unclear". Deaf cons for....

• Like 1